Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Game of Thrones

I heard Martin expressed regrets HBO couldn't push the early seasons to 13 episodes to give the characters more time to breathe and have things like the opening linking scene from Clash of Kings (where Cressen, Melisandre, Davos and Stannis all get a long introduction). Good work establishing Stannis's character in like five lines in episode one though.

EDIT: Also it's the Night's Watch guys. They watch out for scary shit that goes bump in the night.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    FFS do the Lannisters ever stop winning? With the exception of Tyrion they're all so detestable I want want to see them actually suffer for once. Jamie Lannister's held captive, but they're still ruling with an iron fist dominating everything that actually matters. Maybe if Jamie dies there'd be some measure of retribution/justice/whatever.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Blog Entries
    Ep3. So how is this lie supposed to work out? All the sons have black eyes and hair, or are the guards unaware of this?

Jounin
    Dafuq!! What did i just watch at the end there. It's getting freaky and i like it.

Anyways Arya is now in the hands of Tywin. Wonder if Tywin is aware of who she is and pretends not to know. And what about the man that vouched for Daenerys? Why would he vouch for her? Everyone in this series is scheming, plotting and playing political games so what is his end game i wonder.

Man, someone needs to kill Joffrey, that kid is beyond fucked up.

And what in the fuck kind of shadow-demon did the redhead just give birth do? O.o

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Watching that last scene gave me a boner, and it wasn't cuz of the boobies. This shit is getting good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Man, someone needs to kill Joffrey, that kid is beyond fucked up.

And what in the fuck kind of shadow-demon did the redhead just give birth do? O.o
    Yep and yep.

I think Jeoffrey's evilness is overdone. He was just a cruel spoiled brat in the book, now he is evil incarnated. But yea S&M, win!.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    All I can say is that bricks will be shat.

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Blog Entries
    And here i thought the redhead was just some whore taking advantage of the situation. Little did i know she was a magical whore!

This episode actually made Geoffrey seem more respectable to me. I hate him even more than before, but now I don't feel that he's a shit character as intensely. And I do like how they introduce magic into the series, little by little.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

The added scene really, literally, added nothing. We already knew Joffrey was a misogynist sociopath. Hell, there was a scene earlier in the episode where he orders the knight to start stripping Sansa. The scene with the two whores just reinforces those exact same things, and it just goes on and on. I guess HBO needed more fucked up nudity in this episode... as if Melisandre birthing a shadowbaby buck naked in a cave isn't fucked up enough.

W/R/T earlier posts: Tywin would immediately send Arya back to King's Landing as a hostage if he knew who she was. He's never met her before, either, except maybe as a baby.

The scene of the Thirteen of Qarth rejecting Daenerys and Xaro Xhoan Daxos vouching for her to be let in is not in the book, but it's obviously just theater for Dany's benefit, to get her to trust Xaro and rely on him as her only access to Qarth.

Disappointed to not see Jojen Reed make an appearance. His character had a larger role in the books and it looks like they merged part of his impact with Bran Stark.

so pissed to see Renly go out like that. I think we can all agree he was awesome and didn't deserve that.

Interested to see what the Lady Knight's impact will be on any upcoming battles. She's by Catelyn's side for future purpose I'm sure, what that is....

Arya and The Man have by far the greatest character interaction in this season right now. Getting a bit sick of Danaerys' similar pyro speeches in about once every episode. Robb talking of Theon's fate was awesome. Like to see him get the 1st head he sent out for before going after head number2 tho. Bran's actor I feel like I should know his name after that performance watching his former adopted brother turn on his family. Sounds like Theon isn't as stupid as he is a dirty schmuck tho sending request of reinforcements. Question is will his sister trust him enough to send them to him. Would be hilarious to see him lose Winterfell just as soon as he won it.

And Kusanagi, I just assumed this was the only safe place on the internet to discuss this show without cunts talking about the book. People around here have a reputation for being smart enough to when referencing source material to tiptoe around things even not seen in the show for those of us who still intend to read the books.
    Last edited by Kagemane_no_Jutsu; Mon, 05-07-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Aww shit, that scene where Sansa was about to get raped and 'The Hound' saved her... fucking badass!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Blog Entries
    Would be cool if we posted episode numbers before commenting on the actual episodes. Spoilers and shit...

Episode 6: Well Theon just tied with Jeoffrey for biggest fucking asshole in this show.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    They're not spoilers if the show has aired.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Why's Theon a douche? Yeah, he betrayed the Starks through his actions, but he was never really a willing ward of theirs. It was folly on Rob's part to send Theon back to his father. This shouldn't come as a surprise.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    They're not spoilers if the show has aired.
    I'm just asking to write the episode number before commenting on a new one, is that too hard a task?

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    Why's Theon a douche? Yeah, he betrayed the Starks through his actions, but he was never really a willing ward of theirs. It was folly on Rob's part to send Theon back to his father. This shouldn't come as a surprise.
    His father was the one who bit more than he could chew, it was either this or death for Theon and from all we could see it was never like he was treated poorly.

He's an unloyal prick and a coward, acting like a big man the moment he seizes any small bit of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    He's an unloyal prick and a coward, ...
    To be fair, the same argument could be made either way, regardless of who he chose to side with. He would be an unloyal prick and a traitor, either to the Starks or to the Greyjoys. He is more or less a victim of his circumstances.

With that being said, his personality does come off as being douchey, which is independent of the side that he picked.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash! View Post
    To be fair, the same argument could be made either way, regardless of who he chose to side with. He would be an unloyal prick and a traitor, either to the Starks or to the Greyjoys. He is more or less a victim of his circumstances.

With that being said, his personality does come off as being douchey, which is independent of the side that he picked.
    I don't think he really owes any sort of dept to the family that gave him away. Now the people who raised him and spared his life when they had every right to take it away? Douchebag.