Cliff hanger endings are overrated. They ended the season on a nice note. to set up the utter madness that should be the next season. It was all about reunions. Arya gets to see Rob, Jon makes it back home, Jaime meets Cersei. the cult of Daenerys gets some new members. Good things all around. Plus Yara is headed to the north and it seems Stannis is headed there as well and there are plenty of able bodied leaderless men in the north, now that Rob is dead.

Every single time I see that opening I am reminded of Age of Empires, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
nope.
I mean, while Daeny is gathering troops to invade Europe, she is taking apart all the significant cities in Africa - the city with the wizards, the city with the slaves (unsullied?), and now the other city. all of those places were small dictatorships in the dessert, but had enough military to repel the dothraki clans from attacking them.
the dothraki had to go after relatively small agriculture and herding villages. but now that Daeny took the military forces from those cities, there is nothing stopping the dothraki from raiding them.

I should get the books.. I hate not knowing stuff.
Yes she is destabilizing an entire continent in order to prepare herself to go attack another but she is a dragon, they destroy things. It is kind of hard to believe that someone isn't just following behind her swooping up her leftovers or that she isn't royally pissing people off. Rob left Winterfell and looked what happened there. He won a few battles which gained him a lot of notoriety and he married someone not a Frey which ultimately got him killed. Yet Daenerys is running around sacking cities, destroying evil power hungry cultist and freeing slaves not to mention the threat of dragons. It is hard to believe that she isn't turning everyone against her. The people on that side of the outside can't be that different particularly if they are used to fighting off Dothraki.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
My favourite part about all this is how the greatest forces at work are the one's mostly ignored by the kings and their war of thrones. They're so busy with they tiny internal strife they don't see armies of enemies literally surrounding them from every direction, immortals and dragons growing more powerful by the day.

Also Arya is so far my favourite character, followed closely by Tyrion. Here's hoping karma finds some way to get to them eventually.
Yes it is awesome. By the time the wights and the Others(white walkers) get around to attacking Westeros, they will have mostly killed each other off from their infighting and there won't be much of them left and the Others can just swoop in while they are licking their words. The number of humans is only going to decrease and the number of wights is only going to increase since they are essentially just zombies.

Arya and Tyrion are insanely likable though. I actually like Cersei but that is mostly because Lena Headey is awesome. If I had to pick a fave it would be probably be Jon Show since he is one of the few characters in the know. Daenerys is kinda annoying and Stannis is too rigid.