Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcement of New Gundam Series Due on June 13th

Announcement of New Gundam Series Due on June 13th

The official Japanese portal site for the Gundam robot franchise confirmed on Monday that a new work in the franchise will be revealed via a live event on June 13 at 1:30 p.m. in Japan (12:30 a.m. EDT). The site promises that everything about the setting, story, mecha, characters, and more will be unveiled about the project. The event will also announce items from the Bandai Namco Group. (Sunrise, the studio behind Gundam, is a Bandai Namco Group company.)

The Bandai Channel and Gundam.info websites will stream the announcement event, but the Bandai Channel service is normally limited to Japanese IP (Internet Protocol) addresses.

An English Twitter account of Bluefin, Bandai's distributor in the United States, had retweeted a message last month that said, "A new Gundam series will be announced during the Tokyo Toy Show....about 3 weeks." However, the message has since been deleted. This year, the International Tokyo Toy Show will run from June 16 to 19.

Director Seiji Mizushima (Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Fullmetal Alchemist) emphasized that he has nothing to do with the new Gundam project, but added that there are many people involved from the Gundam 00 staff.
    Source: New Gundam Work to Be Unveiled in June 13
    Last edited by Marik; Sun, 06-05-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Article was updated.

The outline looks like it's a variant of the Strike Gundam. I really hope this won't be Seed related.

And please Sunrise, make the MC a girl :P

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    But if the MC's a girl, then we won't have any harem of hot support char girls around her unless she's also a le-

uhh... Never mind.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

How nice that they should announce this on my birthday.

New info about the new series will be presented via a special live press conference stream video at both Bandai Channel Live (http://live.b-ch.com/) and Gundam Info (http://www.gundam.info/). The contents of the press conference will not only talk about about the new Gundam series, but also related Bandai products (gunpla?). This is indeed some very exciting stuff. If you want to know more about the new series' story, character & mobile suits...you better mark down the following dates & time on your calendar!!! This is probably the earliest we will get any details about the new upcoming Gundam series. And just as I had posted earlier today, your speculations / theories about what to expect is welcome...so comment away! =)
    A sentence in the japanese paragraph below actually saids, "Don't miss a new Gundam history." So does this mean a brand new alternate era Gundam series (and not UC)? hmm... I can't wait to find out.
    ガンダムシリーズ」待望の新作がついに始動する。
    その全貌は、6月13日(月)13:30より開催される新作発表会で明らかになるとのこと。
    この新作発表会の模様は「バンダイチャンネルライブ!」にてライブ配信されるので、新たなガンダムヒストリ ーが動き出す瞬間をお見逃さないようにしよう!
    「ガンダムシリーズ」新作発表会 配信概要
    Sounds like we're getting a brand new universe to me. Thats fine, it gives fans some else to complain about lol

The outline looks like it's a variant of the Strike Gundam. I really hope this will be Seed related.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    But if the MC's a girl, then we won't have any harem of hot support char girls around her unless she's also a le-

uhh... Never mind.
    How about the MC is in his late 20's or early 30's?

Blog Entries
    Kira returns for a 3rd time in the new Strike Freedom, which isn't an upgraded Freedom but rather an upgraded Strike! Now, together with the queen of the universe they will travel to another dimension and intervene in battles to stop the fighting. Kira joins Celestial Being before the events of 00 and becomes the the newtype innovator ultimate coordinator and gains a new gundam, the [insert something absurd here]!

Looks like the new series is called, "Gundam AGE."

The July issue of Shogakukan's Corocoro Comic magazine is announcing next Wednesday that the game developer Level 5 (Inazuma Eleven, Danbōru Senki) is working on all aspects of the new Gundam AGE anime for release this fall. In particular, Level 5 President Akihiro Hino is in charge of the story. There will also be a Gundam AGE manga running in the magazine.

The new series will have three generations of "father, child, and descendant" as the lead characters. The main characters pilot the Gundam unit to fight against an unknown attacking enemy (UE) and save Earth in a "One Hundred Year War" — an apparent homage to the One Year War of the first Gundam series.

The first main character is Furitto Asuno, who developed the Gundam AGE-1 mobile suit (humanoid mobile weapon) equipped with the AGE System (a self-adapting computer). The second main character is Asemu Asuno, Furitto's child. The third main character is Kio Asuno, Furitto's descendant who inherits the Gundam. The Gundam AGE-1 can be augmented as the Gundam AGE-1 Titus for more power, or as the Gundam AGE-1 Sparrow for more speed.

Other characters include Emily, Furitto's friend since he was 7. Guruudekku is a Commander in the Earth Federation Forces and the captain of the battleship Diva. Mireesu is a Lieutenant (junior grade) in the Federation Forces aboard the Diva.

Tied into the anime will be "four ultimate projects" in the works: manga, hobby (model kits and figures), games, and cards.
    Source: Level 5 to Help Create Gundam Age Anime This Fall

c9c8bc64.jpg52aafc42.jpg79a5a79d.jpg
    Last edited by Marik; Thu, 06-09-2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Article was updated.

Hmmm. Interesting. It looks like it's aimed at younger audiences.
    Edit:
    And it also looks like it's within super robot territory. I guess this will shut the "realists" up.
    Last edited by Illrenmazou; Thu, 06-09-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Not sure if want.

I figured the whole "Beginning G" thing would have been enough to satisfy younger audiences but whatever. Like Beginning, I'll probably watch this as well.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Beginning was ever subbed?

Yep. Someone did sub it:
    http://www.kira-fansub.com/?p=1929

Most of the reactions from fans are priceless

Sweet thanks.

After looking at the story again, my opinion of it has gone up a little bit. But, its a definite wait and see. I guess the best I can hope for is a good OST.

Even though I'm a HUGE gundam fan, I'm as of yet not really looking forward to this... the art style is a BIG downer for me. It just doesn't look like Gundam to me..

The main character looks 12 years old... That's no good.

Actually hes 14. Usso was only like what? 13? And it worked out (more or less).

Video looks interesting. I think I'm going to keep my expectations low and wait and see if I get surprised.

Another new project other than Gundam Age?:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ounced-june-25

It could just be a manga or an OVA (And I hope it's not the rumored SEED Movie).

To me it looks like the main character is so out of place when it comes to character design... I don't want to be very negative when we've only seen so little of it, but I am sceptical since it's aimed on a younger audience.. I just hope that most gundam elements are preserved.

Great news! Although there will be changes, younger fans of the franchise may finally enjoy early UC without the barrier of outdated animation.
    Last edited by Illrenmazou; Wed, 06-22-2011 at 08:14 AM.