• Archive (You can't see them anymore)

5 22.73%
  • Nothing

4 18.18%
  • I don't care

8 36.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delete/merge the Bleach forums.

I noticed the new sub forum thing and I think it's a nifty idea to reduce the clutter without trying to collapse entire forums into threads. However I think the order the forums were placed in is non-ideal. The current state of affairs is such that clicking the word 'Bleach' leads to the threads that relate to the anime, while a sub forum leads to the threads about the manga. It's a simple fact that the bleach anime is a derivative of the manga; however, this arrangement puts the anime in a more 'prime' position than the manga. I would think the proper structure for a 'Bleach' forum that contained sub forums would be manga and general, up to date bleach discussion/speculation threads in the primary forum with subforum dedicated to the anime where spoilers from the manga are not allowed. As demonstrated above a sub forum can be reached without passing through the parent forum so the only risk of spoilage would be to dolts who couldn't figure out that 'Bleach Anime' meant discussion of the Bleach anime only.

Although it was Bud who arranged them like this, but in my opinion it was a correct decision for a couple of reasons. First, for the sake of those hypothetical dolts: This way there's no risk they would first click themselves into the manga forum to get to the anime forum (and be spoiled by some thread names). Second, Gotwoot was originally more of an anime site than manga, and actually likely still is, so it makes sense anime claims precedence.

Kraco thank you for openly stating that fool/noob coddling and nostalgia are behind the marginalization of manga in this community, at least for you. I agree with the strategies and explanations employed to realize the priority of protecting anime preferring people who are also idiots from themselves and the things they don't like on the site. However, I respectfully disagree with that being a priority for governing this community, not that it's any of my business in the first place.

/rant ON
    It's nice to know that every Bleach anime fan with poor reading comprehension who may or may not even stick around is more worthy of administrative attention and coddling than every Bleach manga fan who actively participates in the community. What are they compared to nostalgia for the good old days, nearly a decade ago, when Gotwoot actually had a strong, tangible tie to the anime community independent of its established membership. "We are used to it being this way" seems like a great reason to keep treating manga fans like they are lesser members of the community. The 'active' Bleach anime fans who couldn't reliably muster the same amount of post traffic for canon episodes that the threads for the manga chapters they were derived from got aren't an issue since 'Gotwoot was originally more of an anime community'.
    /rant OFF

Mmm ranting. Anyway, I know it's been this way since I got here and I'm quite used to it so I don't actually find it worth arguing about. I just wanted to get my thoughts on the issue off my chest all the same.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Wed, 07-20-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Brevity

I do get your point, and since I personally, generally speaking (since I neither read nor watch Bleach), both watch anime and read manga, I'd like to treat them equally. However, even if I do treat them equally, I still needed to make a decision because both can't be the main forum. So, a secondary point of priority needed to be set. Protecting hypothetical fools or anime being the more traditional medium here work in that role in my opinion.

Not that I really needed to make a decision, I only needed to agree to Bud's.

Jack Bauer.

Thanks.

/end discussion