5 22.73%
  • Nothing

4 18.18%
  • I don't care

8 36.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delete/merge the Bleach forums.

Delete/merge the Bleach forums.

Both Bleach forums should be deleted, archived, or merged.

The posting in the Bleach manga and anime forums is extremely repetitive, with people literally making the same awful jokes and trite observations about the plot, in the same threads every week, for several years. To a certain extent, this isn't even the fault of the posters in each forum, as it's universally accepted that the quality of the writing and art in the comic has seriously suffered as of late. Interminable filler arcs in the anime and a general lack of interest from the author in expanding on characters or plots he has introduced leaves the series a creative wasteland. Bleach has been removed from Shounen Jump's "Big Three" status and replaced with Gintama. It's way past the time when these forums justified their existence. A single thread in the anime and manga forums, possibly comprised of merged posts from recent threads in the existing Bleach forums, would cover what needs to be said.

Where's the poll?
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Because this isn't a poll thread? I see you added one though.

I voted I don't care, because I ultimately don't actually care what happens to them. But I do agree that the series, at this point, really doesn't deserve its own sub-forum(s), for various reasons many of which Y pointed out.

Gotta say, I dont see the merit in having either around anymore. The animation died at episode 60. And The manga has just been.....
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I want to know what you mean by "merge".

If discussion is low, I'm all for merging all the Bleach Episode threads into "Bleach (Anime Series)" and throw it into the anime section, and likewise Bleach Chapter threads into the Manga section as Bleach (manga) - or just Bleach.

I ask because you (Y) said that posting in the Anime and Manga sections is tedious, making it sound like you're suggesting the merge EVERYTHING into a Bleach megathread.

Edit: wait, you're talking about the subforums.. so you still like having Bleach Episode 123 every week or something?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

A single Bleach Anime Thread on the Anime Forum + a single Bleach Manga Thread on the Manga Forum would be better. There are series, either anime or manga, that have had more activity that this two subforums combined in the last year.

I don't know the status of filler vs. canon material on the anime, but the last canon episode discussion I saw had 40 posts, so regardless of what is being discussed, it's quite apparent that there's still interest in discussing the anime. We're just in the middle of fillers, and as always people don't care to discuss them. When does the canon material return?

As for the manga, well, the latest chapter has 16 replies... in this small forum, I don't see many anime/manga doing the same amount of posts in a single episode/chapter.

Anyways, isn't this series ending sometime soon? I don't think we need any drastic measures at that moment.

When the time comes, and the series ends I'll wait a month or so and just merge the Anime Threads and then merge the Manga Threads, and place them in General Anime and General Manga respectively, and delete the forums.

But until then, I don't think anything is going to be done regardless of how poor one might think the quality of discussion that is happening in those forums at the moment.

From what I can tell, no one participating in this thread so far cares for the Bleach anime/manga discussion, so I don't know how much weight I should put into your considerations.

If the people who are actually discussing them and/or have an interest in discussing them could share their opinion on this matter, then I think I would really consider these "drastic" measures sooner rather than later.

If anything, I'd say wait until the filler arc ends.

Just recently, Naruto was in filler mode and it barely got any discussion. Filler ended, and discussion returned. So I don't think that much consideration needs to be given to low content discussions during this period.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 06-24-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Hmmm, I stopped watching the anime long ago... but the anime was terrible near the current manga arc, so they had like 5 canon episodes then went on a filler alternate timeline storyline for 15 episodes and then they repeated the cycle. That is what annoyed me so I stopped wathing. Canon episodes are so rare lately.

I do comment on the manga though and most posts are always one line making fun of the plot =/

Its ending soon? I really hope so. One of the latest posts in the manga threads mentioned how Bleach had fallen to the bottom 5 positions on the magazine.

Oh well. Lets see what happens. Thanks for the input Munsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I want to know what you mean by "merge".

If discussion is low, I'm all for merging all the Bleach Episode threads into "Bleach (Anime Series)" and throw it into the anime section, and likewise Bleach Chapter threads into the Manga section as Bleach (manga) - or just Bleach.
    This is what I mean by "merge".

@ Munsu: the level of activity is really not what I'm worried about. The posting in the manga forum is *insanely* repetitive, as I stated in the OP. Here, let me make a joke about the latest Bleach chapter: Hey guys, <plot event> is just an illusion Aizen created! This joke has been posted for about, oh, five years, in every single manga thread, usually by the same posters, regardless of the content of the chapter itself, including arcs where Aizen is not featured at all. There is no discussion of the series or characters or, well, anything. Bleach became a generic battlin' manga many moons back, with no more plot than The Breaker and worse art.

I don't think the series is set up to end anytime soon, although it certainly could get cancelled at any time.

I agree with both merging and deleting the forums if it's possible.

Almost all posts that follow the chapter releases are terrible and aren't well thought-out. These posts should be deleted because, like Y said, it is repetitive as hell. The posters have the share of the blame as well; someone made a remark about Aizen and everyone else jumped on the bandwagon and kept on flogging the dead horse.

Therefore, we should keep Marik & Co.'s chapter releases by merging them into a single thread and delete the other posts. If it's too labour-intensive for the moderators, though, I'm fine with deleting the entire forums and starting anew as a single thread or merging now that the prospect of Bleach ending or being cancelled is viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This is what I mean by "merge".

@ Munsu: the level of activity is really not what I'm worried about. The posting in the manga forum is *insanely* repetitive, as I stated in the OP. Here, let me make a joke about the latest Bleach chapter: Hey guys, <plot event> is just an illusion Aizen created! This joke has been posted for about, oh, five years, in every single manga thread, usually by the same posters, regardless of the content of the chapter itself, including arcs where Aizen is not featured at all. There is no discussion of the series or characters or, well, anything. Bleach became a generic battlin' manga many moons back, with no more plot than The Breaker and worse art.

I don't think the series is set up to end anytime soon, although it certainly could get cancelled at any time.
    I have to agree with this, I still genuinly like the manga, but there is no discussion at all, every week it's just "kubo'd" this "oh dammit" that" and "aizen shenanigans" here.
    -----------------

I'd also favor merging and getting rid of the Bleach subforums as the series doesn't seem to deserve having its own dedicated forum any more than any other series. On the other hand changing it would require effort from the staff for no real gain other than making things more like some people might think they ought to be. Keeping the status quo isn't going to hurt anyone and I doubt anyone on the staff is willing to spare the time to clean everything up just because.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Thu, 06-30-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Spelling Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura View Post
    I'd also favor merging and getting rid of the Bleach subforums as the seres doesn't seem to deserve having its own dedicated forum any more than any other series. On the other hand changing it would require effort from the staff for no real gain other than making things more like some people might think they ought to be. Keeping the status quo isn't going to hurt anyone and I doubt anyone on the staff is willing to spare the time to clean everything up just because.
    Staff work doesn't really matter since it's only about doing something sooner that was planned for later anyways.

OK, I just made Bleach Manga a child forum of Bleach and enabled sub-forums to be linked in the main page. Let's see how this works.

Blog Entries
    That's just fucking impractical, now I'll have to click 3 times until i open the thread to download Marik's mediafire upload of a Bleach chapter

That's because you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Shit idea is shitty, i don't see what's the problem with having the bleach manga subforum out in the open like every other one

Well next time vote for "Nothing" in the poll above. Considering you voted for "I don't care", hard to take you seriously. Anyways, if it takes you 3 clicks to reach a thread then you're doing it wrong.