Thread: House of five leaves batch, ep2=no subs

House of five leaves batch, ep2=no subs

Hey.

A bit unsure where to give the message, but i cannot see any subs on the House of five leaves ep2. Just downloaded the batch, all the other episodes seem to have subs as far as i've checked, except episode 2.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    While the episode is playing, is the subtitle track loaded?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

The opening and ending have subs, i watched the entire opening and then discovered there is no subs during the episode, tried skipping around, and waiting a bit, checked if there was any subtitle options (softsub) in mpc, no such thing ofcourse.

-Play the video
    -right click the video, Navigate -> Subtitles
    -Use either Styled ASS or Plain SRT.

For some reason, Episode 2 will default to zero subs. The OP/ED will always have subs since they're hard-encoded.

See if that works.

Thank you.

Just for future reference I'll mention that you'd also have to hit the stop button and start playing the video again for the subs to load. Just pausing and resuming after changing the settings is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
    Thank you.

Just for future reference I'll mention that you'd also have to hit the stop button and start playing the video again for the subs to load. Just pausing and resuming after changing the settings is not enough.
    No problem.

Strange that you would need to do that though. Mine loads immediately after I change the setting as the video's playing. In any case, noted down for reference as something that could happen.

Now that you mention it.

Can it somehow be related to running 64bit os?
    I never had to do that on my old computer with 32bit os.

Quote Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
    Now that you mention it.
    Which aspect is "it"?

The fact that Episode 02 defaults to no subtitles, or that your subtitles didn't turn on immediately while mine did?

I did the intial testing on W7 Home Prem 64bit. I then tried it on my 32bit XP Home laptop. The results are identical.

Softsubs are timed to appear on cue though (when someone begins to speak, for example). So if you turned on the subs after that "cue", I'm pretty sure they'll stay off (since subs are now activated, but missed that cue) until the next cue (someone else starts talking, or a new line of subs is due to appear for that same speaker).

No, that's not really it. The cue thing I mean.

Sometimes when I load a softsub I have to stop/start the movie anyway, the timing will be off occasionally. In some rare cases the sub will not load at all. After stop/starting the subs will usually load instantly when jumping to different parts of the movie/episode I'm watching.

Anyways, thanks for the help, I'm on episode 5 now.

Edit:
    Win7 ultimate on my laptop and htpc, htpc is AMD A8-3850, Laptop is E350. Had the same issue on my old ehmmmm.... think it was AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Find it hard to believe if it's cpu related though.

As far as I remember all my pc's, Pentium, I've always had to stop the movie when turning on the subs, and as you say jump to a different part of the movie/episode so that it gets properly synchronized. Don't remember well if the former was always true, but pretty sure the latter yes. I would imagine that not all episode/movies would behave the same, and I would think that it would also behave a bit differently if subs are embedded in the container or not. Also, newer version of MPC have different settings by default than previously, so that might effect something. For example, right now my default setting on playback output is EVR Custom Pres. when I'm pretty sure it used to be one of the VMR.