Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fairy Tail Ep. 097

If it's an S-rank mission without much fighting, she might be able to. For example some region pestered by a magical plague that kills everybody, including any mages carelessly approaching. In such a case it would be extremely dangerous and deadly, yet no matter how tough a fighter the mage was, it wouldn't matter. Only brains and certain kind of skills would. I suppose such missions could be rare, and most extremely difficult missions not requiring fighting wouldn't be S-rank at all because trying and failing wouldn't be fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I suppose such missions could be rare, and most extremely difficult missions not requiring fighting wouldn't be S-rank at all because trying and failing wouldn't be fatal.
    That's what I assume. That S-Rank missions are S-Rank because they're the most dangerous. And most of the time, the danger is going to come from something that needs to be battled.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I'm sure those will come in handy when she's on an S-Rank mission with her team of losers and runs into one of Zeref's demons...
    What i meant is that that is why she's here, not because of merit in her own ability but because it opens the door for the author to cater to dem shipping fanboys (see Zell). She's a backup defense player, she might be a good one in time but that's all she's ever going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Not necessarily. As you explained, each guild sets their own exams. Gajeel wasn't an S-rank in Phantom, and Juvia hadn't been able to take Fairy Tail's S-rank exam until now.

You could say that Phantom had lower standards since all of their Elementals got owned by FT.. but that's also some protagonist-perk at work.
    Yes he was

And yes they were, tremendously i might add.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    If Levi can re-write Freed's runes, as seen on the Laxus arc, she just needs to write a rune owning them all. She's the only reason Natsu and Gajeel managed to fight that day.
    She's a hacker, we're yet to see any evidence that she is capable of such rune magic herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    but because it opens the door for the author to cater to dem shipping fanboys (see Zell).
    Sue me =P

To put things in a bigger and more relevant perspective, the S-rank is a trifling thing in the end. It serves no purpose except that the guild will allow the mage to accept the very few S-rank missions that are, most likely, dangerous fighting missions. So, the rank is only highly relevant to no-brains fighters like Natsu and Gajeel, who think being a great mage is to be able to kick anybody's ass. However, I'm not so sure in the bigger picture just accepting missions from others will make anybody great. I doubt Zeref acquired his outlandish fame by such deeds. Rather he apparently did what he wanted, summoning demons and creating weird magical devices. Even though Natsu has kicked many such a person's ass, but I still respect more those characters who had their own goals and purposes and weren't just guild dogs doing nothing but earning money from missions. I'd respect Natsu more as well if he actually was looking for Igneel and not just whining about it.

There seems to be a flood of trolls this week... anyone knows if there's even a fairy tail episode this week?

lol, every HorribleSubs release has been Kamisama Dolls 12. NarutoBase one is legit.

^^ Yes. The episode was up on crunchyroll at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    lol, every HorribleSubs release has been Kamisama Dolls 12. NarutoBase one is legit.
    Ok. Getting that and renaming to horriblesubs for name consistency then. Seems they decided to troll hard this week. Thnks Marik.

I downloaded and watched a release by "Backup". It was legit as well.

Yeah, Backup is legit, but the video quality was crap, so I didn't mention it. It was pretty much this...

Mave on Sep 24 2011 at 10:03 GMT

This is just absolutely horrible. Framerate sucks, quality is shit, hard subs.

Yeah, I intended to replace it with Horriblesubs later, assuming they intend to release it at some point.