Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Ep. 097

Fairy Tail Ep. 097

[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail 97 - 720p: Torrent | DDL
    [HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail 97 - 480p: Torrent | DDL

Gajeel didn't need to say a word to make those two goons back off from Levy and give up... How fitting. Levy also didn't seem unhappy to gain the attention of a real asskicker instead of the usual weaklings.

This was a funny episode, even with Juvia distressed over a new "rival".

Levy x Gajeel

I was kinda hoping for Lisanna to appear when Natsu was in the snow. Yeah, I know this isn't that kind of show... but seeing their 'history' together when they were kids... I kinda expected that. She seems to know everything about him... seeing as she explained about Igneel to Lucy (who should have known about it at this point, but seems to remain oblivious)

Lisanna only knows who Natsu used to be and his background. Lucy knows who Natsu is at the moment, including all of his latest heroics. If she so wanted, she could certainly tell Lisanna a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Lisanna only knows who Natsu used to be and his background. Lucy knows who Natsu is at the moment, including all of his latest heroics. If she so wanted, she could certainly tell Lisanna a lot.
    Well... its only been 6 months since Lucy met Natsu... while probably most of Natsu's big adventures have been as of late... I doubt she may know more than Lisanna. They knew each other since they were kids. Of the 2 years Lisanna has been away, Lucy only has account of the last 6 months.

A Chuunin Exam? FUCK YEAH!!

Who the hell is Mest!? Stop introducing new guildmembers dammit!!

Lol, I don't remember ever seeing Natsu's house before.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    I doubt she may know more than Lisanna.
    I didn't say she would know more than Lisanna. I merely said there's already an aspect of Natsu Lucy knows and Lisanna doesn't. Don't make a competition out of everything!

What the... Mest has been in Fairy Tail all this time? and he is Mystogans apprentice? and this is the first time we've heard of him -.-

And who the f is the random dude in the forest with a "death aura" that apparently knows Natsu?

Is this filler or was this in the manga?

I was also looking forward to the whole exam when they mentioned it until that chick started going all emo because she's failed 4 times already... i'm hoping she doesn't pass this time either for the sole reason that it would be the most obvious outcome of this whole thing >_>

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Is this filler or was this in the manga?
    Not filler. But seriously... stop asking if every little thing is filler =/

And who the f is the random dude in the forest with a "death aura" that apparently knows Natsu?
    There's no problem with them introducing new characters man.

The problem is when they talk about someone in the guild and everyone acts like they've just been hanging around in the background the whole time and nobody has ever mentioned them till now.

And then once they've been introduced, they are hanging around CONSTANTLY.

It's like, why the hell was this person invisible up until now?

I was also looking forward to the whole exam when they mentioned it until that chick started going all emo because she's failed 4 times already... i'm hoping she doesn't pass this time either for the sole reason that it would be the most obvious outcome of this whole thing >_>
    I kinda feel the same way.

Naturally the audience is expected to root for Natsu, cause, FUCK YEAH NATSU!

But if Canna has some long sob story(btw, wtf was with giving Lucy the backstory but not letting the audience hear, Lucy is supposed to be our standin) where it's vital for her to win, it sucks all the fun out of routing for Natsu.

Blog Entries
    Holy shit, we're at the S rank test already?

This is still the current arc for the manga... filler hell is inevitable, brace yourselves. That said this arc is awesome and you should enjoy every minute of it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Holy shit, we're at the S rank test already?

This is still the current arc for the manga... filler hell is inevitable, brace yourselves. That said this arc is awesome and you should enjoy every minute of it anyway.
    Dude. You aren't the only one of us reading the manga. Can't you shut up about which current arc we are and leave the anime-only watchers alone already? As it stands already people keep asking about if every damn little things is filler without you coming and saying the manga is near.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Guess this answers my prayers for seeing some more Mirajaine action, more Lisanna, and more Cana.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth
    But if Canna has some long sob story(btw, wtf was with giving Lucy the backstory but not letting the audience hear, Lucy is supposed to be our standin) where it's vital for her to win, it sucks all the fun out of routing for Natsu.
    I liked how they witheld the story from us. I'm sure it'll be expressed in tears and such to the audience and the rest of the contestants during their exam. Cana's definitely the one winning. They can't make it out like she needs to win no matter what, then have to fail. Only, say if the guy she needs to meet is dead, will it work out. I guess the Master could come around and say "Everybody Passes!" too, but that's just bullshit.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I liked how they witheld the story from us. I'm sure it'll be expressed in tears and such to the audience and the rest of the contestants during their exam. Cana's definitely the one winning. They can't make it out like she needs to win no matter what, then have to fail. Only, say if the guy she needs to meet is dead, will it work out. I guess the Master could come around and say "Everybody Passes!" too, but that's just bullshit.
    It just doesn't make much sense from, like, a realistic standpoint.

We've seen Lavi and Canna fight before. They're terrible. Or at best, mediocre. Unless they plan on whipping out some serious shit we've never seen before, there's no way either one of them is S-Rank.

Frankly, I thought Juvia and Garjeel were already S-Rank in Phantom Lord. Unless Phantom Lord didn't have those kinds of ranks. If it did, then there were NO S-ranks in Phantom Lord besides Jose himself.

And if that's the case, all of Jose's bitching about "Why are we being surpassed by Fairy Tail!" Um, maybe it's because they have 5 S-Rank wizards and you don't have any?

Blog Entries
    Levi does suck when it comes to power but she has other assets (the main one being she's cute and popular). As for Canna, she's not so bad, she just got a raw deal with her opponent in the Laxus arc.

Gajeel and the elemental 4 were S rank mages within their own guild but these aren't universally recognized titles like in naruto, it just means the guild recognizes their ability and allows them to take S rank missions

Basically, Fairy Tail has higher standards than Phantom Lord

Levi does suck when it comes to power but she has other assets (the main one being she's cute and popular).
    I'm sure those will come in handy when she's on an S-Rank mission with her team of losers and runs into one of Zeref's demons...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I'm sure those will come in handy when she's on an S-Rank mission with her team of losers and runs into one of Zeref's demons...
    Her assets could actually be very beneficial if she drops her old team of losers and starts to take missions with Gajeel. Gajeel seems like a dude who has lots of raw power but not too much brains when fighting opponents and solving other more tricky situations.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Basically, Fairy Tail has higher standards than Phantom Lord
    Not necessarily. As you explained, each guild sets their own exams. Gajeel wasn't an S-rank in Phantom, and Juvia hadn't been able to take Fairy Tail's S-rank exam until now.

You could say that Phantom had lower standards since all of their Elementals got owned by FT.. but that's also some protagonist-perk at work.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    If Levi can re-write Freed's runes, as seen on the Laxus arc, she just needs to write a rune owning them all. She's the only reason Natsu and Gajeel managed to fight that day.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    If Levi can re-write Freed's runes, as seen on the Laxus arc, she just needs to write a rune owning them all. She's the only reason Natsu and Gajeel managed to fight that day.
    But the point is, without a Natsu or Garjeel there for her to free, she'd have been useless.

She's a support wizard, like Wendy, only unlike Wendy, there's no one on her team that can finish the job with her support.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Her assets could actually be very beneficial if she drops her old team of losers and starts to take missions with Gajeel. Gajeel seems like a dude who has lots of raw power but not too much brains when fighting opponents and solving other more tricky situations.
    Absolutely. But in that instance, is she really the one enabling the team to take on S-Rank missions, or is Garjeel?

Garjeel and Levi are probably an S-Rank team. The question is, can Levi do S-Rank missions without Garjeel, or can Garjeel do S-Rank missions without Levi.

The latter seems far more likely to me.