Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Videos Thread

How do they not get high while making it with no gloves, etc?

THAT IS SO GHETTO
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm more amazed that they mixed all that stuff in plastic buckets...

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I like how they use spoons and old shirts. Top quality merchandise!

These people are absolutely insane

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    where is that? the landscape looks awesome
    and the clear-water made me fetch something to drink.

Whole cocaine video:

If you get bit by an anaconda omg~!

Wow, talk about a complete lack of respect for the animal and it's habitat. These idiot "scientists" waded right in and got punked by that snake.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

This guy's pretty good.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

That was awesome.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I watched this in class. American soldiers watched this video before they went into war during WWII.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post

I watched this in class. American soldiers watched this video before they went into war during WWII.
    I'm not quite sure what to think about this. After watching it, all I see is a video about a clearly different people with a different culture, detailing the leader in what is almost certainly a 1-sided, biased fashion. I guess if I had gone through basic training and all the molding that comes with it, the video might have a different effect.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

The Americans must have been scared shitless watching that video before heading to war. "He and his brother soldiers are as much alike as photographic prints off the same negative..." Fighting fucking clones man, there's no hope of winning.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    I'm not quite sure what to think about this. After watching it, all I see is a video about a clearly different people with a different culture, detailing the leader in what is almost certainly a 1-sided, biased fashion. I guess if I had gone through basic training and all the molding that comes with it, the video might have a different effect.
    I think your first sentence is the biggest point of the video. I think the whole point of the video is to make the Japanese seem inherently different in every crucial way, less human, even. Anti-freedom, hive-minded, anti-democratic, etc. Easier to kill when they conflict your every American ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    I think your first sentence is the biggest point of the video. I think the whole point of the video is to make the Japanese seem inherently different in every crucial way, less human, even. Anti-freedom, hive-minded, anti-democratic, etc. Easier to kill when they conflict your every American ideal.
    For the life of me, I cannot see how the video was successful in doing that. At it's best, it made me respect the resilience of Japanese soldiers, and love some of the pretty costumes and dances. At its worse, it made me want to see the emperor dead, but even this feeling existed only momentarily before the application of any higher form of thinking. I wish I could see testimony of how actual soldiers of the era responded to this.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Really? I took the confusing, random juxtaposition of senseless (alien) cultural images as an attempt at fearmongering. We tend to marginalize China and Iraq in the same way these days.

But yes, the "stereotypical" image of the Japanese mindframe has twisted and taken a turn for the positive since the turn of the 21st century, especially from an economic and technological stand point.

Given the amount of weeabooism prevalent on these forums, a video aimed at deriding the Japanese will probably not have the same affect as it has for combat soldiers heading into battle with imperial Japan.

Yeah, pretty much. Except I'd like to think that I know I'm not being told the whole story when what I'm watching is a 10 minute "documentary" designed to give me insight on the minds of a strange people.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Understandable, since you are viewing the film from a 2012 mentality that is generally informed about the nuances of Japanese culture.

The documentary definitely poisons the well by the disclaimer at the beginning:

"Yes, there are Japanese in our country, but they're the good ones who work hard and believe in freedom like us. Now let us show you the horrifying lives of the Japs over in the Japan - our enemies".

The WWII American public didn't have the access to explanations of Japanese cultural iconography like we do - so the nonsensical battering of images that they see, of dragon worship, high tempo marching, and rice milling, can only be seen as demonic and freakish, and therefore a threat.

I mean, dayum, that production value. I felt like I was watching The Ring.
    Last edited by Sapphire; Wed, 02-01-2012 at 08:49 PM.