Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great deals

Blog Entries

Great deals

I think it was Animaniax who suggested such a thread a while back but he never started one. Post any good deals you find in any areas of your interest, preferably available online. Subscribe to the thread so you don't miss any.

Example:

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Crysis 2 for PC download for $10 on Amazon.com right now.

Blog Entries

I usually just check out www.slickdeals.net for good deals. They're usually pretty good at finding deals and getting them for as cheap as possible with coupons and such.

Amazon.com has the Logitech G500 gaming mouse for $50 today. Ordered mine.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Newegg has the Asus VE248H 24" LED monitor for $170 with a promo code, expires 2/15. Ordered mine.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I do need a new gaming mouse, but man... getting a new mouse is a big commitment. If it doesn't feel right then its a complete waste.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I hear you, but I'm not that picky and I don't think the mouse matters all that much, it's more about the skill of the player in my mind. I got the G500 today, along with a Func F10.s... pretty amazing combination.

I love how the mouse pointer tracks compared to the MX518 I just replaced. The gripping areas of the G500 are textured and I can see that getting gross with dead skin cells after extended play. Otherwise it's smooth as silk and feels great, particularly once you've gotten the weights right so it feels just right under your hand. I thought the weights were gimmicky, but they do make a difference in the feel and movement of the mouse.

The VE248H 24" LED I got also reveals a difference over the 24" LCD I replaced. The LED backlight makes the image pop and everything is more vivid and bright. I think it will make my eyes more tired after long viewing periods, or maybe I just need to get used to it.

Best $300 I've spent in a while.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animeniax
    I hear you, but I'm not that picky and I don't think the mouse matters all that much, it's more about the skill of the player in my mind.
    That is true - after you've gotten used to the mouse that is.

Weight, friction, sensitivity and overall curvature are the main things that take getting used to for me. Wireless models are so much heavier. Some gotwooters like heavy mice because they find them more precise. I find lighter mice better because of their ease of movement.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    I do need a new gaming mouse, but man... getting a new mouse is a big commitment. If it doesn't feel right then its a complete waste.
    If you have a Fry's electronics nearby(or some other store that price matches internet deals), and a smartphone that can bardcode scan:

Go to the store,
    find the mouse you want,
    scan the barcode,
    if you have a droid use google shopper to show you the lowest price,
    profit.

See, I filled in that ???? bullshit for you.

Thats how I got 50 bucks off my newest mouse AND was able to find one that fit my hands right.

... Or you could just read the mouse's brand and model and google that information. As long as you aren't interested in some thirteen in a dozen Chinese mice, there are only so many decent brands around. But yeah, all in all bigger stores are very usefull for checking out how a mouse really feels like, even if you ended up buying the thing from elsewhere. I still have my MX518, although the friction material on the sides is starting to wear off badly.

I've got:
    2x 3-day guest pass for Nuclear Dawn on steam;
    1x Assasins creed revelations 50% off on steam;
    1x EVE online 75% off on steam;
    that I've got no use for.
    If you want them just ask me on steam(i use the same nick here and on steam), PM me here, or PM me on irc.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Buy Two Games, Get One Free at Amazon

They're matching the same deal at Target.

I'm tempted to get Twisted Metal, Storm Generations, and something else.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Hmm, for me it's Uncharted Twin Pack, Generations... and maybe something else...

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

The Darkness II is on sale for PS3, Xbox 360, & PC at BestBuy.com for the price of $11.99. I ordered a copy for the 360.

The Darkness II - Xbox 360
    SKU: 2967045

Product Total: $11.99
    Shipping: FREE
    Reward Certificates -$10.00
    Sales Tax: $0.14
    Order Total (charged to credit card): $2.13

Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 06/05/2012 - 06/08/2012

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Diablo 3, not a bad game, but not really worth the wait either...unless you could get it for 10 dollars. And even then...Here it is anyway, Diablo 3 from Toys R' Us at the promotional price of $9.99:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...11#soldInStore

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    Diablo 3, not a bad game, but not really worth the wait either...unless you could get it for 10 dollars. And even then...Here it is anyway, Diablo 3 from Toys R' Us at the promotional price of $9.99:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...11#soldInStore
    Alternatively, buy torchlight 2 which is way better in every way that matters and is at the low low, non promotional price of 20 bucks on steam.

Edit: Didn't mean to double post. If a mod would merge the content of the two posts together I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 10-08-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Newegg PC game deals

Rage $5 with free shipping
    L.A. Noire complete edition $13 with free shipping

Free Calvin&Hobbes inspired t-shirt from Thinkgeek with $40 purchase. Plus t-shirts are buy one, get one 50% off.
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f2a...HolidayShirt_1

Amazon has Alien Anthology on blu-ray for $25 today.

Blog Entries
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/32370/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208580/

Kotor I & II for 2,50€ each

If you haven't played them yet, this is the time.