Thread: Yibis Playback Issues

Yibis Playback Issues

I have problems with whatever damn encode Yibis uses. Only their releases seem to stutter as they playback. Any other shows, even those that use a lot of machine processing, work fine. I just have problems with Yibis.

Is there any special configuration I should be using for my CCCP and Media Player Classic in order to solve this?

I have problems with every single HD One Piece sub that comes out.

Horriblesubs low def 360's are the only ones that seem to run without excessive pauses, artifacts, pixelation, and tearing.

It's the variable frame rate that's causing it, I reckon, though that's only my guess. I'm using the MadVR renderer at the moment, and it's rendering all video perfectly, including Yonkou and Yibis HD. At some point I used the LAV video decoder and it couldn't play OP HD without stutters. It has been a while since I used those that are allowed by MPC-HC by default (because they didn't allow 10-bit decoding at least back then), so I have no idea if they can handle those stranger than usual One Piece encodes. But perhaps not if you guys are having problems with them. Though it has been years since I touched CCCP, so I don't know what kind of stuff it contains.

MadVR requires a bit more muscles from the computer, should you decide to have a look.

I have a whole bunch of things installed, and i'm not sure what does what exactly, but every single videofile is working flawlessly as it is now, 40gig bluray files or 10bit anime, it's all good :P.

Using MPC-HC with CoreAVC installed, and i also have something called "LAV Filters" installed.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

The other day I was using my laptop to watch Yibis One Piece, and due to MadVR not working on the laptop for some reason, I was forced to look for other alternatives, when I recalled DS mentioning Haali renderer has worked well. So, I checked it out, and indeed it played the Yibis One Piece ep perfectly, as opposed to LAV, for example.

I use CCCP and Media player classic as you do, and don't bother with Yibis at all (more lags than fluid time = unwatchable).
    So if you're like me and can't be bothered to install more players and filters, just switch to another group. Yonkou works excellent for me and the releases are very HQ, CSS Hi10 releases also work fine.
    A fansub group isn't "the best" if you have to download very exotic stuff before it is even watchable.

(I have 4GB Ram/64bit Win7/Geforce GT 540M/DirectX 11 -> pretty good, not good enough for Yibis, but enough for many others.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cakes View Post
    A fansub group isn't "the best" if you have to download very exotic stuff before it is even watchable.
    The fansub group members worked hard to bring you a quality release for free, so there's absolutely nothing wrong about you putting forth a little effort, once, on your own end to be able to watch the release. Stealing from a shop every week without getting caught eventually is not so easy (I imagine, at least), so it's unreasonable to assume digital piracy should consistently be as easy as a walk in a park.

All modern computers should be able to play the releases, so it's not a question of your hardware but the software.

Yes, but I have other things to do than testing players for one specific group when most other fansub groups work with my standart software. I also care quite a bit about data economy and don't want to have multiple redundant programs for video playback on my computer. This is more important to me than font styles, karaoke effects or w/e.

Saying you care about data economy and then installing a mega codec pack such as CCCP is contradictory. I only use MPC-HC as a player, but I have one by one installed the supporting components until everything plays (not much was needed, though I installed a couple of more to be able to encode). A CCCP (or any other codec pack user) has installed a whole bunch of stuff and then hopes something in all that mess will play the video.

But I do understand your other reasoning. Everybody's busy these days, after all.

I had to format my laptop recently and I decided not to install any Codec packs. I'm just running default VLC player and haven't run into any problems.

However, I also haven't watched anything that wasn't a HorribleSubs since the reformat.