Thread: One Piece Episode 545

One Piece Episode 545

CSS, 720p:
    http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=309770
    (this doesn't lag for me and has even different font styles and karaoke!)

Horrible subs, 360p:
    http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=309512

One Piece: everyone is badass, especially those people you don't expect to.

It's kind of a relief to find out Vander Decken is just power hunger and opportunistic rather than a pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    It's kind of a relief to find out Vander Decken is just power hunger and opportunistic rather than a pedophile.
    He definitely seemed rather excited about marrying shirahoshi instead of simply, you know, kidnapping her.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

He probably assumes that if he's married to her, he doesn't have the army after him constantly. Plus, if she's his wife, she'd WANT to use her power for him instead of having to be forced to.

Anyway, so nobody though the notion of Buggy becoming a Warlord last week was interesting?

It's something people have been mentioning about occasionally since the bat first showed up to Buggy in the manga. I'm sure once there's follow up on it, it will involve comedic relief on behalf of Buggy, followed by an army of generic heavy-hitters doing something mildly useful.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I don't think at the time the idea of him being a Warlord occurred to me because there was no indication of the content of the letter. But from the WG's perspective of his performance at the Whitebeard War, it makes a lot of sense for them to make him the offer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Why can't he be both?

They sure spare no effort to make the world nobles total depraved scumbags. I wonder just what kind of a social structure keeps those retards in power. They do eat resources, maybe even considerably, so the marines can't be tolerating them just for the heck of it. There must be something behind it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    They sure spare no effort to make the world nobles total depraved scumbags. I wonder just what kind of a social structure keeps those retards in power. They do eat resources, maybe even considerably, so the marines can't be tolerating them just for the heck of it. There must be something behind it.
    The catholic church. And no i don't mean they're the ones behind it

I've only seen the anime up to this episode and don't read the one piece manga, so this isn't a spoiler.

But I suspect the 7-9 geezers in Mariejoire(?) are the last survivors of the group who is behind the void century and the associated war. They somehow survived a few centuries* and the world nobles are their descendants and their authority derives from the old guys.

* They find someone with Jewelry Bonney's devil fruit power and make them rejuvenate them every few decades?

If this turns out true, I claim all the cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakes View Post
    If this turns out true, I claim all the cookies.
    Don't you think you've had enough desserts, Cakes?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I'm bulking up