Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 05

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 05

[POPGO][FREEWIND] GUNDAM UC 720P BD RIP 720P vol.5 黒いユニコーン

Japanese Audio. Subtitles include Japanese, English and Chinese (simplified and traditional).

Yay, been waiting for this one waaaaay too long..

[TV-J] Kidou Senshi Gundam UC Unicorn - 05 [BD 1920x1080 h264+AAC(5.1ch JP,EN) Sub(JP,EN,FR,SP,CH)].mp4

Awesome episode. I just wish that the release date for episode 6 isn't next year. It's gonna be a long, long wait.
    Last edited by Illrenmazou; Wed, 05-23-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Yeah... and episode 7 one year after that, right?

1. This Episode rocked(like all the rest)
    2. Broken Mirror is a badass song
    3. Frontal's crony pulling the "Butler bow" and floating off into an exit stage right cracked me up.

It took me even longer to get around to this...

Good action this time, with less standing still getting destroyed. But I'm above all happy that Banagher is now united with Mineva. Maybe that will keep him in action instead of staring at the walls feeling lost and confused.

Probably the most excited I've been for UC in a while. Last couple of episodes haven't been all that great.
    I speak only when I feel it's necessary.

How come the beam attacks of one side miss the targets every time, yet the beam attacks of the other side hit the targets every time? That doesn't make much sense, does it? If you got a beam weapon, it means the speed of light or something resembling it from a human point of view. So, at the distances we saw in this fight, for example, the beam hits exactly the place you are aiming at when you pull the trigger at the same moment you finish pulling the trigger. It's like using a regular firearm inside a room, for comparison. If the target is five meters away from you, the bullet, for all practical purposes, hits the target immediately. Not to mention even today military vehicles are easily equipped with aiming computers that do half of the work. With beam weapons that would be far more easier.

They're not firing lasers. The weapons fire hyper-charged minovsky particles, or as UC Lore calls them: Mega-Particles. Every energy weapon in the UC timeline is like this(the particle cannon rendered lasers useless). With this in mind, and due to the fact that there is no listed muzzle velocity for beam weapons, we can make the leap of logic and say that, yes, a mobile suit dodge a beam.

Quote Originally Posted by EpyonNext View Post
    They're not firing lasers. The weapons fire hyper-charged minovsky particles, or as UC Lore calls them: Mega-Particles. Every energy weapon in the UC timeline is like this(the particle cannon rendered lasers useless). With this in mind, and due to the fact that there is no listed muzzle velocity for beam weapons, we can make the leap of logic and say that, yes, a mobile suit dodge a beam.
    How does a particle weapon with a muzzle velocity so slow render lasers useless? Or any decent alternative particle weapon with a reasonable muzzle velocity? Besides, if the muzzle velocity is so slow for a particle weapon, they need to be shooting antimatter for it to do any damage.

And that still doesn't answer my question: Why does one side hit targets every time whereas the other side misses every time? Does only one side in this war have actual trained soldiers piloting their mecha? The other side is using some random dudes from the streets who never in their life piloted a vehicle more complex than a car before they were suddenly sent to fight the enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    How does a particle weapon with a muzzle velocity so slow render lasers useless? Or any decent alternative particle weapon with a reasonable muzzle velocity? Besides, if the muzzle velocity is so slow for a particle weapon, they need to be shooting antimatter for it to do any damage.

And that still doesn't answer my question: Why does one side hit targets every time whereas the other side misses every time? Does only one side in this war have actual trained soldiers piloting their mecha? The other side is using some random dudes from the streets who never in their life piloted a vehicle more complex than a car before they were suddenly sent to fight the enemy?
    Lasers are huge and cumbersome. The generator required for a small laser is the size of a mobile suit. This is why beam technology rendered them obsolete.

As for the second question: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...manshipAcademy

That dub wasn't as crappy as I imagined. Thank you.
    Also be prepared for an actual gundam bit non gundam fans can understand. This may be the cause of the unexpected lack of bombastic fights.