Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

i'm with darth on this one.
    i really liked the small town season (the best in my opinion), and i'm not sure if i prefer this season or the world tour/eygpt seasons. it's a tie.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    This scientific way of explaining Stand Lore doesn't retcon well.

Remember when Joseph Joestar suddenly got his stand because Dio/Jonathan developed stand power? Just because Jonathan's body got infected by a virus from the old woman in Egypt doesn't automatically mean his descendants get Stand Power. If an infected person reproduces then they can pass on the virus like Hepatitis B etc, but it doesn't ignore time/space like that.

As for favourite Jojo arc, it's still Joseph Joestar for me.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

and many stands are naturally occurring, like polanaref (sword guy), or most of dio henchman. or the dog who traveled with them?

and 'alien metal' still doesn't explain why some people get stands and some die.
    in short, it's a non-explanation to a question that no one asked.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

It's a virus that infects souls, not blood.

Which is why it infects all of Jonathan's descendants.

Part 2 is still my favorite also.

Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    It's a virus that infects souls, not blood.

Which is why it infects all of Jonathan's descendants.
    Is there anything to support this or is it a hypothesis?

Which part of it? The souls part, or the Joestar bloodline part? The infects souls thing is my guess. It's a disease that causes you to manifest magic ghost powers. I don't think it's a biological disease.

As for the Joestar bloodline part, that seems fairly self-evident. DIO, Joseph, Jotaro, Holly and Josuke all got Stands/fell ill at the same time. At the time DIO shot himself with an arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    and many stands are naturally occurring, like polanaref (sword guy), or most of dio henchman. or the dog who traveled with them?
    There's no evidence though that those were naturally occurring though.

DIO HAD arrows. All of his henchmen could just be people he shot.

They never say HOW Polnareff or Iggy got Stands. They could have easily been shot, or had family members that were shot. Just because they didn't show you how they got their stands doesn't mean they just happened spontaneously.
    and 'alien metal' still doesn't explain why some people get stands and some die.
    A. It's probably not actually metal. It's probably crazy alien ghost bones or something.

B. As far as why some get Stands and some die, EVERYONE gets a Stand(Holly got her vines, one of the victims in this flashback had some kinda lightning power), just not everyone survives getting one.

As to why, why does any disease kill some people and not others? Some people are tougher than others, some people just get lucky, etc.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 05-12-2019 at 02:02 PM.

you can't go around mixing disease and magic ghosts! that's not a sentence!
    if i remember correctly, it was the old woman who stabbed dio with the arrow, so maybe she also stabbed herself and her grandson before. maybe.
    and the oingo boingo borthers, maybe they got stabbed too. we can't be sure they weren't.
    and iggy, and that eagle, all got stabbed. and polanerref as wee kid, also got arrow stabbed. there was also dream monster baby, and invisible baby. maybe someone stabbed those babies with an arrow as well?
    and wasn't there a pylon stand in the previous season? bet someone stabbed it as well!
    I'm not saying that it's impossible, but in terms of story telling, it seems lazy. and if we say 'you can have a stand if someone in your family has a stand', we don't really need this entire thing. Some people have stands, and it runs in the family. the arrow is the exception to the rule, not the common thing. it's not supposed to be make sense, and trying to force the arrow stabs either makes it ridicoulous (as i tried to show above) or doesn't add anything to the table.

but about 'everybody gets stands', in the beginning of this season, we had the fat guy with the candle shadow stand that stabbed people to give them stands. it was supposed to stab whoever had the candle, and if they get stands, great, if not, kill them. how would that work?

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    Which part of it? The souls part, or the Joestar bloodline part? The infects souls thing is my guess. It's a disease that causes you to manifest magic ghost powers. I don't think it's a biological disease.

As for the Joestar bloodline part, that seems fairly self-evident. DIO, Joseph, Jotaro, Holly and Josuke all got Stands/fell ill at the same time. At the time DIO shot himself with an arrow.
    The souls part. I get the whole Dio/Jonathan thing, I mentioned that in my above post. I don't buy the "infect the souls" idea because the whole virus shebang sounds too biological. However, I do concede that the biological theory can't explain why Joseph got a stand after birth.

@DBZ: The meteorite metal contains a virus which infects people. Once it infects you, you either develop immunity or die. "Immunity" seem to come with Stand Powers. That's what's happening right now. I don't know about this "Viral Evolution" thing. Maybe the virus DNA integrates into your own, and either your body rejects it and you die.. or your body is able to accept it and you then gain special powers. Something like that.

you can't go around mixing disease and magic ghosts! that's not a sentence!
    Neither is, "I exploded into fungus because I took a step down." but that's fucking Jojo.

If it makes you guys feel better, I can call it a "curse" instead of a disease. The magic space metal gave them a curse. Is that better?

if i remember correctly, it was the old woman who stabbed dio with the arrow, so maybe she also stabbed herself and her grandson before. maybe.
    She wouldn't have had to shoot her grandson. He would have gotten a Stand when she was shot.

and the oingo boingo borthers, maybe they got stabbed too. we can't be sure they weren't.
    Given that they're brothers, it seems more likely their father/mother got shot, giving them both Stands.

and iggy, and that eagle, all got stabbed
    And Part 4 specifically had rats that someone shot, just to see what would happen.

and polanerref as wee kid, also got arrow stabbed. there was also dream monster baby, and invisible baby. maybe someone stabbed those babies with an arrow as well?
    And, again, there's also the possibility that maybe Polnareff or those babies weren't shot directly, someone in their family was. If shooting Jonathan's body gave all the Joestar's Stands, then it could have been Polnareff's father or grandfather, etc. that got shot with an arrow that gave Polnareff his Stand.

You cite all these examples skeptically, but keep in mind that pretty much ALL of the Stand users in Part 4 got their powers when one of two people shot them with an arrow.

DIO is ACTIVELY trying to take over the world. He has arrows that give people magic powers, and the ability to mind control people. OF COURSE he's going to go around shooting people with them! Which will lead to a bunch of minions he can exploit for Stands, but also a bunch of unintended family members developing Stands, potentially scattered all over the world.

I'm not saying that it's impossible, but in terms of story telling, it seems lazy.
    It's less about being lazy than it is about not being thought out ahead of time. Which is, unfortunately, how Jojo is written.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 05-13-2019 at 02:44 AM.

The whole fungus thing is quite interesting. I went and looked it up, and I still don't quite understand how the fungus actually affects real insects in real life, but it seems to invade their muscles then somehow influence the insect to climb to a higher vantage point, bite down and subsequently starve to death - all while the fungus repairs to spawn from its body and drift into the wind.

Episode 30

-------------------

I probably have to breathe that mould in for it to start working on your body (as opposed to contact spread).

For one, Oasis/Sanctuary isn't affected by the mould - and he was also super concerned about his face after getting hit.

Who guessed that it was going to be old mate Polenareff? I sure as hell didn't.

I thought going WRYYY was just a vampire thing, but I guess it's genetic.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Polenareff was a big ol' doof. Surprised he got involved with the mob, somehow, but I always enjoy character reunions, so I'm on board...

the defintion of 'going down' seems to be very loose..

---

Well shit. Some part you had in this Polnareff.

So how many arrow heads do we have accounted for? He sold 5 and kept 1 for himself(which is the one he gave to Polpo). And Jotaro retrieved 2 from Morioh. And Dio had one right?(or I guess 5 at one point) So there's at least 2 more out there?
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 06-08-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Omg, great episode. Wonder who the guy at the end is. Polnareff doesn't lie on the ground anymore, so it almost seemed as if he activated a new power that transformed him? If not, this is obviously an ally ofhis, but who? At first I was thinking 'fuck yes, Jotaro showtime!', but it's obviously not him.

No clue what's going on, but it's cool and tense so whatever.

It would seem highly unprobably that Polnareff wouldn't contact Jotaro after reviving, so that group of friends must get involved here somehow. Come to think of it, we haven't seen our friend Koichi in a while.

I do think it's funny how Diavolo looks so normal in all the flashbacks but now he looks like...well...a Jojo character.

The crap with Bucciarati seeing souls is just kinda nonsense.

---

Okay so, if an arrow pierces a stand, the stand gets crazy new powers but only as long as it holds on to the arrow?

Seems like going the Kira route of stabbing yourself again and gaining another Stand is the more convenient way to go.