Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Prediction: Stands actually ARE the aliens that built the arrows. First they need a host to *exist* again. Then they need to be pierced by the arrow themselves to regain consciousness.

There we have our next epic arc: Rebellion of the Stands - Return of the Ripples!

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Prediction: Stands actually ARE the aliens that built the arrows. First they need a host to *exist* again. Then they need to be pierced by the arrow themselves to regain consciousness.
    Yeah, but each arrow gives gives a bunch of different people Stands.

Or do all the alien ghosts hang out in one place and every time someone gets stabbed it's like "Now serving number 42" and they go and possess the person?

And, holy shit, are Stands just Scientology?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Yeah, but each arrow gives gives a bunch of different people Stands.

Or do all the alien ghosts hang out in one place and every time someone gets stabbed it's like "Now serving number 42" and they go and possess the person?

And, holy shit, are Stands just Scientology?
    Brain wave compatibility? 🤷*♀️

Anyway, it just reminded me of something, and then I knew. It'd be like Attack on Titan: There, they need a syringe first, then eat a titan. So also a 2-step evolution.

---

I bet even though he's switched bodies, he's still sharing a body with one of the heroes.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

I bet even though he's switched bodies, he's still sharing a body with one of the heroes.
    That's entirely possible. I think initially that might have been the case, but right now Narancia's body is free. I feel like he did all of that just so he could have a free body to work in again - and hence why Trish felt his soul for one moment as she left the Colosseum.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Narancia

Eh, the Gang Stars are such dipshits it's hard to get too broken up when they die.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I didn't feel the emotions, either. None of the characters really got enough development or endeared themselves enough to me (except maybe Mista) to elicit emotion at their death. Jojo characters do mostly share a similar voice and tone such that I've never seen it as a character focused series... it more thrives on its spectacle and suspense/mystery, in my opinion.

Episode 38

--------------------

I'm not sure that I read this right, but the logic seems to be:

-I am righteous, therefore what I will for is the truth.

That's pretty game breaking.

I assume next week is the last episode of the Part, since this week was the SFX version of the OP, I assume next week is just gonna skip the OP.

Still enjoying this anime greatly. The awakened stand of Giorno's really looks like an alien now. Wonder if an earlier theory turns out true (aliens created the arrows, stands hit by arrows rejawaken aliens that somehow parked their souls).

I'm wondering if the next arc features the afterlife in a big way anyway, because this episode wasn't the first to touch on the topic of 'souls', but it definitely was the most in-your-face appliance of souls. Both Buccarati saying goodbye, and Mista worrying about Trish' soul drifting away.
    Exploring the afterlife would allow for some cool shit, like meeting previous Jojos, but also bringing back Dio

I mean, the ghost thing isn't new. We got to see Iggy and Avdol's ghosts way back in Part 3. And Part 4 had a whole important ghost character.

Fuck! No new episodes until the two part finale on the 28th!

That's not even the right day!

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    38 and 39 are out.

I can see why this is supposedly the black sheep of JoJo arcs/parts. I just didn't enjoy it overall as much as other parts. The gangSTARS were generally unlikable, and most characters had to act very stupid/unobservant for the stand battles to garner much tension, which felt artificial. The story felt like it didn't really go anywhere by the end as well. What was Giorno's goal again? Is there any reason Polnareff is a pet now? The flashback arc could have been interesting, if it didn't feel like the biggest ret-con in Jojo history because there was no other foreshadowing about Buchirati's death in the whole arc. It was the kind of thing that was entertaining enough until I looked back on what it revealed and got annoyed.

When Diavolo was experiencing his autopsy in the eternal punishment-no-jutsu, I thought he was time looping to the prison where his mother was impregnated and finally giving life to that old Chuck Norris joke that he must have fathered himself... but not so.

Still looking forward to part six, whenever that comes out, but more in a "I've been watching this for 7 years; might as well check out the new season" kind of way. Maybe my Jojo passion has run its course? It is markedly juvenile, after all. Hope you all enjoy the finale more than I did.

What was Giorno's goal again?
    Become a gangster.

I loved this whole arc. There was a little slump after at the beginning, but when that had passed, it was great. Especially when the 2nd opening was introduced, which I have never skipped because it made the show feel like a movie.

My favorite thing about this part of Jojo was that I didn't know AT ALL where the story was going. First you have Giorno, who's weirdly connected to both Jojo and Dio, want to become a gangster. Then they have to find Trish. Then Trish is about to be murdered and they have to protect her. Now the mystery of the boss' identity needed to be solved. Then we find out about the boss shizophrenic nature and Bucciarati's odd situation. Then we find out about alien arrows and the boss appears. Unexpected deaths happen and the boss is defeated in a great, creative way.

And now I have no idea what comes next. I love it.

I thought about how most anime suffer from too tightly defined 'goals'. It makes the story progression feel rather formulaic. It's more exciting (imo) when a story is allowed to evolve into something.l totally unexpected. HXH springs to mind constantly introducing new situations that made you question if Gon's still trying to find his dad. A more expected progression can be good, too, but it works better for shorter series. See Death Note where the first half was perfect, but the 2nd half started to drag a bit.

Anyway, Jojo has been my most looked forward to weekly anime, I hope the next part airs doon,

Seriously! Are they just not gonna explain the woman in the floor at all?! Is that just another "Araki forgot" thing, like time traveling Josuke?

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    The gangSTARS were generally unlikable, and most characters had to act very stupid/unobservant for the stand battles to garner much tension, which felt artificial.
    It's SO FUCKING TIRESOME!

Like the 20th fucking time we have the exact same exchange of "I saw something weird." "What? You're talking nonsense." "No wait, somethings happening!!" "What? Like what?" "Oh, nevermind, I guess was nothing."

IT'S NEVER FUCKING NOTHING! Every tiny thing is an enemy fucking Stand! And every time you ignore it, Mista ends up with a bunch of bullet holes in him!

It happened again this episode. "Bucciarati! Don't touch that!" "What? Why? Is it a Stand?" "Run away! Get out of the building!" "Huh? What? Explain it to me first." "You have to get out of here now!!" "But what is that?"

I swear if someone yelled "DUCK!" these motherfuckers would stand there and ask the yeller to explain it.

DA FUCK?
    this stone thing should have been at episode four or five, and have naracninaa, abbracio and buccaraiti instead. then we would have been calling this 'foreshadowing' rather than 'post season filler'.

i'm not sure if i think this is worse than Egypt season, but it's definitely not good. stupid unlikable characters, the traditional slow pace of interactions between them that always is opposite of what the scene requires, and most of all, a lack of purpose. the whole thing is more suited to be introductory arc, rather than the whole story.
    i have no idea what the characters would do if the boss didn't decide to kill trish, or if she wasn't revealed. did jojo have a plan what to do once he was in the gang? was it always the plan to kill the top dogs? why did we tie them to the previous jojos if they never come to interact again? what was the point of fugou if he didn't get a closure?

do i know now more about the jojo lore than earlier? no. i've got more questions. are they interesting questions? also no.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Lol, so once again I'm the only one who likes an anime. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    DA FUCK?
    this stone thing should have been at episode four or five, and have naracninaa, abbracio and buccaraiti instead. then we would have been calling this 'foreshadowing' rather than 'post season filler'.
    Uh, no, that wouldn't be foreshadowing. That'd be straight up telling you everything that's going to happen, and I don't need that thanks.

This is less post-season filler and more giving you a nostalgic scene of the Gang-Stars together before they died.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Lol, so once again I'm the only one who likes an anime. Oh well.
    I don't dislike Jojo. I just find that one particular aspect really frustrating and repetitive at this point in the series.

These people and their treatment of Stands borders on the level of Shaggy and Scooby still not realizing that every horrible monster is just an old man in a mask.