Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Everynody should get to enjoy this

https://youtu.be/z5NOH2dEv_s

And I did!

and so did I!

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

The first 13 episodes of Part 6 just dropped all at once.

---

This prison has the laxest dresscode ever.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 12-06-2021 at 03:49 AM.

---

Ooh! Are they gonna bring Dio back?!

Wait. The new season with the female Jojo is out already? And everything at once?!

Sigh. As can be seen with this thread, this netflix-style release kills all hype :/

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

watched it.
    as all JoJo, it was increably stylish and profoundly silly.

the not-a-ghost kid was probably the most uncanny looking thing in the series history

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'd say this feels like one of the better Jojo runs.

Kujo (who the fuck changed the spelling anyway) Jotaro should be able to apply reason in combat anyway and function rather well once his Star Platinum is back. He'll lack the lore and experience, but Jojo Intuition goes far.

Anyway, so the sleeping melting shit in the Visitor's Room wasn't really explained in the end.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Anyway, so the sleeping melting shit in the Visitor's Room wasn't really explained in the end.
    I thought it was part of White Snake's stand.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I thought it was part of White Snake's stand.
    I wasn't so sure.

It's just so different to memory eject, and he hasn't used it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    It's just so different to memory eject, and he hasn't used it since.
    Ponderance: Can he use more than one Stand disk at a time? If so, maybe he was using 2 powers.

Oh yeah. Forgot that can actually use powers he steals instead of just making grunts.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Little late, but I just got around to it.

That's pretty Jojo, alright.

Aside from being altogether too fabulous, this series excels at putting the characters in no-win states that require some truly mind (and logic) bending happenstance to escape. It was always entertaining, and the horror-like elements continue to amuse.

The character designs themselves have gone waaay more over the top than ever before. Not costumes/outfits, but I'm talking full on elf ears, horns, and other cranial deformities, by the looks of it. Araki just can't be constrained by the limitations of the human form anymore, it seems.

Stone Ocean episode 1:

Wtf is wrong with these character designs?! The lawyer is straight up a goblin. And then at the end there's that small guard that also looks like some monster.

Not a fan of Jolyne's ability, seems too powerful. Extremely versatily and super long reach. Feels like she could just sit in her cell and kill everyone in the prison, then grab the keys to her cell with a thread and leave.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

episode 9:

ok, that was a bad episode. The whole time they take soooo long to throw the ball. And then at the end Jolyne had no trouble throwing a 1000 times in an even more difficult way. Turned everything before that scene into needless drama/filler. Tbh the entire episode could be removed, since it has no connection to any bigger plots.

Done with the 12 episodes.

So far this is, unfortunately, the worst season of Jojo imo. Although it's basically on par with the first half of the Kira-season and the first half of the travel-the-world season, so maybe the second half will greatly improve my final impression of this season.

I can't help but feel that this is so awfully small-scale. A prison as a fixed location just isn't that exciting. Then there seems more bs to happen that I'm used to from even the Jojo-anime. That fight against the zero-gravity guy, just how much blood do Jolyne and Weather Report have?! And then at the end she takes two gun shots to the stomach and lives?! But not only that, stays conscious and fights of the frogs and White Snake? Meh.

My problem with the Golden Wind-season was that it was so completely detached from the Jojo-family and the Dio-arc, but at least it built up to being utterly epic and had kinda likeable characters. Stone Ocean has a connection with the Jojo-family, but the whole plot so far just feels so low-key, it's not very exciting. The whole premise of the fantastic, unbeatable Jotaro, and then he goes down that easily? Meh again.

Having said all that, it was still enjoyable, so there's that.

Low stakes?! That guy might be bringing back Dio!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Low stakes?! That guy might be bringing back Dio!
    and hopefully he succeeds, because this series really needs him.

My main problem with this prison arc is that no one needs to hang arround prison bar the priest. Everyone else is powerful enough to leave with little repercussion. I doubt the priest would manhunt you across the globe. If he wanted his subjects to stay in prison so much, then he'd better keep an eye on the remaining ones instead of chasing the leaver.

The prison setting is kind of cool though.

Just watched episode 4 of part 2 of Stone Ocean. This isn't new in this episode, but it was the worst offender here: Damage means nothing anymore it seems :/ We saw Jolyne take terrible damage, especially the punch combo near the end, but somehow she just got through that and beat the guy in the end.

It just doesn't feel satisfying when battles are this artbitrary. It makes the whole part before the conclusion meaningless.

So far, I have no idea why so many call Stone Ocean the best Jojo-arc. I'm all for a female Jojo and I like Joylne, but the story she gets is awful.