Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

that as the first good episode in months. Really enjoyed it. We got to see Dio and witness his strength. Hol Horse returned and the new team he created is truly funny. Just sucks that there´s no way for him to win. I hope he joins the good side soon, rather than fight Jojotachi until he´s inevitably killed.

Also, lol, this makes no sense: Dio says he´s not yet ready to face them. Then tell Hol Horse to kill them. What would he do if Hol Horse actually succeeded? Cry himself a river for not being able to defeat his sworn enemy by himself?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Every character that sends out his men to do his killing for him either:

1) values his security more than his pride, or
    2) just wishes his men to whittle down enemy forces until he can take them on himself while keeping his pride

I'd say Dio's (1). He only sees Jonathan as a worthy person for him to take down personally. Everybody else is an obstacle. He was never "thrilled" by challenges.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Interestingly enough, this episode pretty much confirmed Dio has not put his mind parasyte in Hol. I wonder why he lets some of his agents retain their free will?
    Because they're serving him willingly.

Neither Polnareff nor Kakyoin actually wanted to serve Dio. So the parasites were needed to control them.

While he's not exactly thrilled about it, Hol Horse is still willingly serving Dio. So he doesn't need a parasite.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Also, lol, this makes no sense: Dio says he´s not yet ready to face them. Then tell Hol Horse to kill them. What would he do if Hol Horse actually succeeded? Cry himself a river for not being able to defeat his sworn enemy by himself?
    Dio really doesn't strike me as the "I must kill him with my own hands!" type.

He wants to rule the world, and he sees the Joestar's as the only threat to him. If his minions can kill them without him having to fight them, I don't think he'd complain.

Otherwise, why is he even sending minions in the first place?

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I guess I just find it odd he would leave it to chance like that. Hol was ready to try to blow him away, for all his allegiance was worth. Guess I'll chalk it up to the author deciding the villains having divergent personalities would be more fun... And he's probably right.

HS - Episode 37

------------------------------------

See, I never understood fate. Either it doesn't exist and everything is based on effort + luck, or it's set in stone and nothing can change it. That means if Hol Horse was fated to kill Jotaro with bullets, he could sit on his ass and fate would somehow make it so he kills. Paths of fate is BS.

The whole enjoyable part of this comic book was that the images could be interpreted wrongly but would still be depicted objectively. Jotaro got some muck on him from the pipe, but it wasn't the red liquid depicted by the book. Maybe this would have worked better in black/white manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    That means if Hol Horse was fated to kill Jotaro with bullets, he could sit on his ass and fate would somehow make it so he kills.
    Well, that's literally what happened in the previous episode. The manga actually forced him to kick that women when he was dead set against doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Well, that's literally what happened in the previous episode. The manga actually forced him to kick that women when he was dead set against doing it.
    Exactly, so this shouldn't have happened today.

If Hol Horse was going to shoot the bullets at 12pm, he'd do it then. No need to rush, no need to race against time.

If fate was real and I got a reading that said I was going to be rich I'd sit on my ass an play games all day. After all, there's no point in trying. Whatever happens will happen.

If Hol Horse was going to shoot the bullets at 12pm, he'd do it then. No need to rush, no need to race against time.
    Very true. If it was 100% going to happen, he didn't need to be freaking out like that, because he should know fate would force it to happen.

Of course, if the manga forces you to do what you need to in order to make itself happen, then it's possible the manga itself was forcing Hol Horse to rush around in a panic.

-------------------------------------------------------

Why the hell is the fight between the animals the most badass fight of this arc?!

I reckon. Maybe it's because they're animals that they can jump and fly etc, while the humans are forced to fight while mostly standing in a room. Hol Horse + Mirror-dude was pretty good though.

The hawk is arguably the most bloodthirsty also. He's not letting Iggy live for some stupid shit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much badassitude.

I'm glad Pet Shop was straight up dead. For some reason, the gang has been hospitalizing all their opponents lately. I was beginning to think the series was going soft.

How Pet Shop found/made that tunnel underneath Iggy and ambushed him there we'll never know.

Iggy should be worried about sepsis than blood loss, but Speedwagon doctors are gods as well.

Despite the above, still the most badass arc so far I think. Iggy vs Pet Shop was brutal because they were actually going for the kills each time. Iggy also had no plot armour.

HS - Episode 40

--------------------------------

The tension of racing games! That PV though..

dat crappy retro racing game lol

I love how they just force their own playstyle on the game that is in no way meant to be played like this. But at least they´re no shitty snakers.

Since Kakyoin cannot win, assume itll end in a tie or loss for him.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

I find retro games to be pretty good for multiplayer play, compared to many ultra modern ones. That's particularly for racing games. This isn't about being nostalgic, but about the fact that those old games often either had much more basic, yet ridiculous at times, mechanic. It makes the game a competition to exploit game mechanics as opposed to being as "realistic" as possible and simulating real life stuff. That's why we have arcade racers and racing simulators.

I'm not sure what makes you guys think that the game they are playing is retro(other than the fact that it's on a cartridge). It's not like the graphics are pixelated, or made up of primitive polygons or something.

The controller doesn't have an analogue stick / touch pad. That pre-dates the DualShock or the Nintendo64. That's getting to retro by modern standards.

You can "tap" the accelerator for some crazy accel start.

Those sound effects.

It's called "F-Mega"

If that game was real it'd be created no later than the Playstation, and I'm being generous here.

The controller doesn't have an analogue stick / touch pad. That pre-dates the DualShock or the Nintendo64. That's getting to retro by modern standards.

You can "tap" the accelerator for some crazy accel start.

Those sound effects.

It's called "F-Mega"

If that game was real it'd be created no later than the Playstation, and I'm being generous here.
    Keep in mind though that this was also WRITTEN before any of those things existed. And the anime more or less completely follows the manga.

The fact is the game itself LOOKS far more advanced than games of that era actually were. Yes, the controller doesn't have an analog stick, but that's because the author wouldn't have even know what an analog stick was. What with them having not existed before.

Point is, I don't think the game was intended to be a retro throwback...at the time. It was probably supposed to be cutting edge. Possibly even futuristic.

Your point is valid. Retro was my my perspective, not the character's.

I am comparing their game to say our latest NFS.

The game is almost certainly a parody of F-zero, which came out in 1990. Probably close enough to when this was written.