Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Wait...so who was he complaining at? Everyone in this thread was using Killer Queen.
    He's complaining at the English subtitlers.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    He's complaining at the English subtitlers.
    ...he knows those are all ripped from Crunchyroll and those subs come right from the companies themself right?

...he knows those are all ripped from Crunchyroll and those subs come right from the companies themself right?
    Yes. He's blaming them, and also the intellectual property system for not allowing them to subtitle actual references.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Yes. He's blaming them, and also the intellectual property system for not allowing them to subtitle actual references.
    Ah, okay.

---

Strong finish. Loved everyone coming together to beat him. Backed over by an ambulance is a pretty ignoble way to go out.

But damn, there are so many unsatisfying things about this arc.

So...I REALLY thought Josuke saved himself in the past. The guy in the past doesn't just look exactly like him, he's even injured in the same way Josuke is injured in this episode. It feels like something that was set up, but then the writer changed his mind or something.

No explanation on what that thing in the alley is?

Still not supposed to care that there's aliens?

It's ironic that Kira is exactly the kind of person Okuyasu's brother was looking for. Killer Queen should have been able to finish off his father with nothing left to regenerate(although I'm still not sure why Okuyasu's Stand have done it to begin with...). Though it was funny that the magic healing food didn't transform him back, just make him a healthier, shinier monster.

I did like that Joseph really was faking senility the whole time.

Oh, gotta write something about the finale, too.

Super great! It sucks that the first half of this season kinda sucked because of the episodic monster-of-the-week style, but ever since Kira showed up, every episode was fantastic.

And Kira is really one of the best villains in anime I´ve ever seen. He´s truly evil, but he´s smart. And the way he was portrayed, showing him in dire situations many times and how he escaped those, made him feel like a hero. An evil hero, if that makes any sense. Usually it´s heroes that encounter these situations where they´re almost done for and then have a smart, creative idea to get away. Here, the bad guy had such scenes. Was really refreshing to see a villain who wasn´t dehumanized. And it was refreshing to have a real villain who murdered women and fetishized their body parts, made it feel more tangible than previous "I´ll conquer the world, you plebs!" villains.

Of course, some things were bad. They REALLY need to un-dumb the heroes a bit. Some of the scenes were absolutely infuriating to witness. Even the final battle should have gone differently if only Jotaro and Co. weren´t dumbasses. "Oh, that sounded like Josuke. Nah, must be my imagination". *around the corner Josuke is fighting for his life* :| I know, part of that is the series´ charm, but scenes like the described were too dumb imo.

Now, there was one story detail that I´d have hoped would have played out differently. At the end, Kira was sent to hell or whatever because the ghost girl tricked him. That was too sugar-cut of an ending. It would have been more interesting if Kira got sent to hell, BUT would have been able to take the ghost girl with him. Would have made the ending more tragic/bitter sweet and I simply think Kira was too awesome to deserve such a leave.

But that´s just my opinion.

Now, when can we expect a continuation? I have no idea how this will proceed. I guess next time Joseph will have died But Josuke and Jotaro are too close in age, so I´d expect them to team up. And there´s too many good characters that would need to reappear, too. Will next time be a space story already? After all, nobody´s forgotten the alien, lol.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

I dunno when Part 5 is going to start, but there's apparently some kind of Rohan OVA coming out first.

Great news. Joseph Joestar will always be the best Jostar there ever was, but his descendants are welcome to try beating his badassery.

late to this thread, just started watching a week ago, i'm now starting part 4 (diamonds) and i thought i should write down my thoughts on the earlier parts before i forget them all.
    part1- really great, but too many flimsy characterization, too many of them not doing anything, and a lot of times the dialogue was simply describing what happened on screen.

part2- mostly the same, couldn't speedwagon at least try to throw his hat around? just go through the motions and pretend that it might work. still, many characters that just pop up from nowhere just to be plot devices, and still narrating what happened on screen.

part3- took a downturn, i almost forgot that short series also have filler episodes in them. at least they dropped the part of describing the onscreen occurrences.
    But it was mostly a mess of the highest order. characters coming without a reason (the smalll girl that accompanied them), characters going without a reason (why kill the old lady so early and leave us without anyone to talk to DIO?), too much 'stand of the week', which somehow they didn't use to flash out the band.
    The most developed character was polenaref (french sword dude), who got to finish his revenge arc, had at least two character traits (toilets and women), got two major relationships with the other characters (guilt over abdul, bonding with Iggy, and also bros with Kakyoein). JOJO was nice to watch at fights (sometimes), but we hardly got to know him as a person (there was only one scene of him displaying actual kindness, and I suspect i'm just reading too much into it). Kakyoein was just there, and then he wasn't, and then he was again, made some speech about an issue we never knew he cared about, and died.
    The big problem is the lack of connecting tissue through most of the series, over half of the enemies had nothing special to bring to the plot, and only one time it helped set up something for the future (hol horse and boingo team up, foreshadowing the power of THE WORLD). And for a show that was about saving Holly's life, it didn't seem to care that much about her. I did like that last few episodes.

edit: part 4 is awesome. really loved it. the art was a bit 90's style, and some plot points happened for no reason (joseph showing up, the baby, the hair girl), but it's mostly minor. great characters (jojo4 and okkumatsu were a fabulous delinquent duo), and a great structured story that flowed very well. Of course, it's the villain that made the season, and following his actions for several episodes made the story much more intense. The main thing that I liked was how the story was focused on the town, reminded me of steven king stories. and having some slice of life elements ('the seven wonders of so and so town') made it feel much more intimate. the heros live in the town, go to school, have friends and sorta friends in the town, so having them wanting to protect it is normal.Even most of the enemy stand users didn't seem to be really evil people, just some kids who suddenly have powers and didn't think their actions through and ended up hurting/killing people (I know it sound horrible). and ghost reimi was great at conveying the theme of coming together to protect the city. the kid went from creepy piece of perv shit to the bigget mofo around, kudos.
    I also loved the dance themed openings, and after each episode, i noticed something new.

some questions, though.
    1. how senile is joseph? i get that some of it is an act, but I don't get the point why he did so.
    2. the story about JOJO4 hair, was it just a conjunction by koishi? how did he hear about it?
    Last edited by Death BOO Z; Thu, 07-26-2018 at 11:36 AM.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

To whoever asked "is the bottom panel actually from the jojo4 part of the manga?" in my reputation remarks, there's no way to reply to those, so I'll just do it here.

No, those panels are from Part 3. It's Boingo's manga predicting Jotaro's death. And it's exactly how Jotaro dies years later in Part 4.

---

Hot damn! The new Jojo is Dio's kid? What a twist! I guess he boned down with Jonathan's dick.

His stand power is certainly...odd.

---

Hot damn! The new Jojo is Dio's kid? What a twist! I guess he boned down with Jonathan's dick.

His stand power is certainly...odd.
    I really want to know who the mum is now.

I didn't quite understand that gut's ability: he said he can make appear anything inside someone's mouth. Does that require contact? Because if not, he's the most overpowered character ever - just makes anybody's head exolode.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    I didn't quite understand that gut's ability: he said he can make appear anything inside someone's mouth. Does that require contact? Because if not, he's the most overpowered character ever - just makes anybody's head exolode.
    I don't know how true that is. He grabbed Gio's hand, and an eye appeared inside his fist.
    He smacked Gio's face, and fingers appeared inside his mouth.
    Also, zippers started appearing where he struck.

I think there's more (and less) to his ability than "I'll make shit appear in your mouth". For one, I bet it requires prior physical contact.

i'm also watching this season.
    i really like having koichi around for the first episode. he's enough of a main character to carry his own plot weight and ordinary enough to be an audience stand-in.

---

Freekin' you...

-------

Return of the Stand Arrow.

And here I thought the whole point of the test was to see whether someone was honest enough about admitting that their flame went out. After all, he did say that trust is more important than ability.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I half forgot that arrow is what made stands manifest. Actually, there were plenty of people with them who weren't stabbed, weren't there? I remember Dio somehow 'awoke' these powers when he came out of the coffin, but I forgot how everyone else got them. I also remember that the author isn't big on continuity so I won't sweat the details.

I do enjoy how Jojo's bizzare adventue always, since stands became a thing, used the uncertainty of the powers potentially being anything to tease the audience into wondering what kind of messed up powers could cause the phenomenons we see... Sadly, about half the time the explanations/reveals are more detrimental because of how hokey powers were presented as something else, but again, not sweating the details...

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I remember Dio somehow 'awoke' these powers when he came out of the coffin
    I don't remember that being established.

Both of the arrows in Part 4 came from Dio, so I just assumed that's where he got his stand.