Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1444

Thread: Attack on Titan: Shingeki no Kyojin

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I just hope it makes sense. Light losing didn't seem to make that much sense last time I watched Death Note.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Part 3 (Part 1)

Oof. It's gonna take a while to sink in. The whole episode, really. Hanji is gone and... confirmed coordinate afterlife?

Floch, for all the heady-handed things he has done, really believed in his cause when he had no further reason to put on airs.

I was greatly dissapointed at first, when they separated Gabbi, Falco, and the Annie from the main group, but turns out that was a set up for some new powers and they confirmed that, against all odds, the liberio insurrection succeeded! Annie (and the other Marlean Eldians) has some skin in the game again, so to speak, but how will that be communicated to her?

Glad Onyonkoupon didn't die the instant after his piloting skills were no longer needed. He may still die, but at least not in a plane crash now, methinks.

The theme here seems to be accepting the burden of 'sins' one has committed, or questioning anyone's ability to act when they are absent a moral high ground from which to justify it. The answer? We have to, anyway.

Ehrahn can be such a tsun in how he is allowing others to oppose him as an expression of giving them freedom, when he clearly didn't want this to be the way it went down anyway? He is currenlty a slave to his own future memories, and surely sees that, so is this whole situation a rebellion against that 'wall'?

After the end credits we get another vague 2023, so my ulcer will just have to fester for a bit longer until I can get some satisfaction...
    Last edited by neflight86; Fri, 03-03-2023 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Misspelled 3ren's name.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Part 3 (Part 1)

Oof. It's gonna take a while to sink in. The whole episode, really. Hanji is gone and... confirmed coordinate afterlife?

Floch, for all the heady-handed things he has done, really believed in his cause when he had no further reason to put on airs.

I was greatly dissapointed at first, when they separated Gabbi, Falco, and the Annie from the main group, but turns out that was a set up for some new powers and they confirmed that, against all odds, the liberio insurrection succeeded! Annie (and the other Marlean Eldians) has some skin in the game again, so to speak, but how will that be communicated to her?

Glad Onyonkoupon didn't die the instant after his piloting skills were no longer needed. He may still die, but at least not in a plane crash now, methinks.

The theme here seems to be accepting the burden of 'sins' one has committed, or questioning anyone's ability to act when they are absent a moral high ground from which to justify it. The answer? We have to, anyway.

Ehrahn can be such a tsun in how he is allowing others to oppose him as an expression of giving them freedom, when he clearly didn't want this to be the way it went down anyway? He is currenlty a slave to his own future memories, and surely sees that, so is this whole situation a rebellion against that 'wall'?

After the end credits we get another vague 2023, so my ulcer will just have to fester for a bit longer until I can get some satisfaction...
    Without reading this posting: Did something new air or are you catching up to the old season?

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

The first of the two hour long eps just dropped. New material.

Watched it.

First of all: Floch continues to deliver. Well, no more now, sadlol. He basically caused Hange's death, despite being killed at the end of last season. Doesn't get more badass than that.

Hange's death itself was badass, too, sad of course.

The final showdown with the plane dropping them on top of Eren was hype, although it just hit me there: Are Conny and Jean the only "normal" participants at this point? Well, if we consider Levi and Mikasa "human beasts", lol. I feel kinda bad for Conny and Jean, lol.

Why does Annie look like a little child now? Weird.

As for the overall story, it's hard to tell what's going on. If ALL the outside-people were like that airship commander, acknowledging their past sins and promising to never repeat them, then stopping Eren makes sense. However, since that cannot be assumed, I'm still of the opinion that Eren's approach is justified. My only issue here is: I have no idea whether Eren even still exists or has his own will. The way he talked to his "friends" sounded as if he's either possessed or gone mad.

Lastly, what are you guys thinking about this afterlife imagery with Hange and Erwin and the other dead people? Does it imply that there is an actual afterlife or is this strictly tied to the titans/titan god worm?

I'm glad that they just straight up confirmed that, yeah, Eren has the ability to just cure the Eldians of their Titanism. Basically allowing for all the upsides of the euthanasia plan, without the downside of the whole...going extinct thing.

That's my concern now. That they're explaining Eren's unwillingness to explore other solutions, even though he's holding ALL the cards, as him being locked into his future actions.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    If ALL the outside-people were like that airship commander, acknowledging their past sins and promising to never repeat them, then stopping Eren makes sense. However, since that cannot be assumed, I'm still of the opinion that Eren's approach is justified.
    "If even one person hates me. I have to kill ALL people. Just to be sure."

Still an astoundingly terrible take.

My only issue here is: I have no idea whether Eren even still exists or has his own will. The way he talked to his "friends" sounded as if he's either possessed or gone mad.
    What they seem to be implying, is that Eren can see his own future, but is unable to change it. So he's resigned himself to his fate.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 03-04-2023 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    Why does Annie look like a little child now? Weird.
    Because she's in looooove.

But also because I think she didn't grow while in the crystal.

I agree that Floch and Hange were pretty badass. When things exactly burst into flames when near the wall of titans seems inconsistent but whatever. It also seems that underground bunkers seems to be the way to go for escaping the titans. They're also pretty dumb and don't respond to external threats, terrain or fallen titans at all.

As for Eren backing down if the whole world decides to repent, it's not that easy. For one, he's the Founding Titan only for as long as he's alive - and he's only got a limited lifespan. If no one consumes him, then he still dies and his power goes to a random Eldian who may or may not share his views. That person could also just reverse whatever changes he's made to all Eldians (assuming they are a royal, or have access to a royal), so there's no real permanent solution.

Eren channeling the Beast Titan for anti-air was super cool. I didn't expect that, and it brought to light how "manifesting" works (mixing titan powers). Now we just get to see how Annie manages to get back into the fight.

I'll also admit, I laughed at "I had to swallow all sorts of stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    For one, he's the Founding Titan only for as long as he's alive - and he's only got a limited lifespan. If no one consumes him, then he still dies and his power goes to a random Eldian who may or may not share his views. That person could also just reverse whatever changes he's made to all Eldians (assuming they are a royal, or have access to a royal), so there's no real permanent solution.
    Yes. If only there was some way for him to choose who to pass the titan on to...like the Marleyans have done for centuries...

So he's restricting the freedom of Eldians by taking away their traits, while removing the freedom of a future Founding by making them inherit the power?

Add this to the whole "can't be a royal but must maintain control of a royal to use this power" and this is highly unlikely to work. About as unlikely as the whole world repenting and happy to have one person hold the world nuke.

The Euthanasia plan works because it means no one can be born. Then the Founding Titan dies and has no one to reincarnate into.

Here's the thing: Eldians didn't exist forever. Why can't this whole system not be ended? In other words: Find more of these god-worms or similar beings and figure out something from there.

You think the rest of the world wants to be a Devil Spawn?

Here's the thing: Eldians didn't exist forever. Why can't this whole system not be ended? In other words: Find more of these god-worms or similar beings and figure out something from there.
    Why would he need more worms? If he can take away people's titan powers, he can take away the passing of those to future Eldians.

Right now, Eren can literally cure all Eldians forever with a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Why would he need more worms? If he can take away people's titan powers, he can take away the passing of those to future Eldians.

Right now, Eren can literally cure all Eldians forever with a thought.
    Not Eren. The other people in the world should acquire god worms to fight Eldians on equal terms ^^

Not Eren. The other people in the world should acquire god worms to fight Eldians on equal terms
    Ah. I see.

Hard to judge without knowing more about the worm's origins. If it landed here on a meteorite or something, it could very well be the only one of it's kind on the planet.

Perhaps removing the parasite's component of Eldian DNA or whatever is the one thing that the founding titan cannot do to their bodies, as that would eradicate the parasite, effectively. Maybe it wants to remain and propagate?

Perhaps removing the parasite's component of Eldian DNA or whatever is the one thing that the founding titan cannot do to their bodies, as that would eradicate the parasite, effectively. Maybe it wants to remain and propagate?
    You can keep the parasite and remove the titan forms. Supposedly, the titan forms are all personally constructed by Ymir. Just tell her to stop.

She was doomed to making them at the, but the original one (herself in the flashback) wasn't made in the coordinate that we have seen, so I suspect it is something akin to the parasite's true form and irremovable.

I think the ones we saw her making were maybe the wall titans and were never actually human; they appear mindless.

I think the ones we saw her making were maybe the wall titans and were never actually human; they appear mindless.
    No more mindless than any other non-shifter Titan that's being puppeted.

Mark your calendars, boys...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...emiere/.202263

Its almost time!

This is the ACTUAL for real final finale, right?