Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1444

Thread: Attack on Titan: Shingeki no Kyojin

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Its good to establish that an entire race of segregated people can be thoroughly (at least half) brainwashed and propagandized into servitude of their captors. It gives more weight to the past events when Zeke wasn't some low percentage outlier for turning on his parents. If the real world parallel is the Jewish condition during Nazi Germany, this would be as if they were reviled and regulated for generations, instead of ~10 years. The difference here, of course, also being that Eldians possess the capacity to become dangerous titans.

I somewhat take back what I said about the directing. That slow pull in on Reiner at the dinner table was more effective than I thought it would be, but that scene stayed with me, and I think the show as a whole doesn't need to rely on the bombast of 'potato chip' scenes to carry its dramatic weight.

I really dont like the current focus. Not that it's boring. But I HATE when stories suddenly try to evoke sympathy for the villains. Duh, of course, villains have their motivation, too. But it shouldn't matter. I'm not gonna feel sorry for Reiner and those children when they are the ones who have murdered thousands of Eldians on the island. Fuck them.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    How so? They look unique enough to me.

Zeke is Zeke.
    Reiner is blond and big.
    Jaw titan has slicked-back hair.
    Pieck can't walk and is kind of cute.
    Well Pieck is obviously different. But the rest all have SLIGHTLY different short blond hair.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 12-17-2020 at 04:25 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Episode 62

-------------------------

Hmm, I always figured Bertolt was the dud in the trio, but turns out it's Reiner. Annie's actually supposed switched on as fuck and even crazier than I thought she was.

I'm half expecting Reiner to turn around and help our protagonists later.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

This season feels weird, tbh. Was that supposed to be Eren at the end of the episode?! Why would he be old suddenly?

As I said before, I don't like this whole "NOW let's explain why the bad guys actually aren't bad and make you empathize with them" narrative. It's a given that everyone has some sort of motivation. But nonetheless, they murdered hundreds if not thousands of people who just wanted to live on that island. You could make a movie showing Hitler's tragic childhood, but I still wouldn't give a shit because he murdered 6 million jews. It feels unnecessary.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    This season feels weird, tbh. Was that supposed to be Eren at the end of the episode?! Why would he be old suddenly?
    That's Eren and he's old because this is 3.5 years or something since the last season and he's growing a beard with long hair trying to infitrate Marley as a victim of war.

His change is roughly the same as Reiner's minus the hair.

Ugh.

So before the story can really get going, we'll also have to go through a flashback that explains how Eren got there. Ugh.

Why can't we just have a straightly told story

Annie's actually supposed switched on as fuck and even crazier than I thought she was.
    All things considered, she seems to have a pretty good head on her shoulders.

Like, she knows ALL these people are assholes. She's not some crazy patriot. She probably just wanted to get out of the concentration camp.

And Reiner 1000% deserved that ass beating. He's a selfish, unhinged fuckup, who was basically threatening to get HER executed, if she didn't help fix his fuckup.

I'm half expecting Reiner to turn around and help our protagonists later.
    Feels like they're setting that up. Yeah. But he can't be trusted. He's too unstable.

That's Eren and he's old because this is 3.5 years or something since the last season and he's growing a beard with long hair trying to infitrate Marley as a victim of war.
    Oh fuck. I did not realize that...

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    It doesn't help that they switch back and forth in and out of flashbacks with absolutely no indication that they've done so.

we'll also have to go through a flashback that explains how Eren got there.
    I assume by boat...
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 12-23-2020 at 05:18 AM.

You have to read the years etc.

Marley sent the kids in to Paradise Island to get the Founding Titan.

They lost Colossal and Female Titan.

Other countries heard of this and attacked Marley.

That lead to a 3 year war or something that concluded with the fortress raid we saw in this season's Ep 1.

While this war was happening, Eren's crew cleared Paradise Island of dumb titans, captured or destroyed every single scout ship that headed their way, and have now infiltrated Marley.

Speaking of which: How dumb is it that the "female titan" is its own category?! Does that mean only women can turn in it? Or will men turn into a female titan? So stupid ...

While this war was happening, Eren's crew cleared Paradise Island of dumb titans, captured or destroyed every single scout ship that headed their way, and have now infiltrated Marley.
    Did I miss an episode?! I don't remember ANY of that having been shown!

Speaking of which: How dumb is it that the "female titan" is its own category?! Does that mean only women can turn in it? Or will men turn into a female titan? So stupid ...
    I thought the same thing. All the other titans are named after their powers. But the female titans power is...woman?

It just seems like the writer was being lazy in that the Paradise Islander's codenames for each titan ALSO happen to be the Marleyan codenames.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Did I miss an episode?! I don't remember ANY of that having been shown!
    Eren's crew clearing Paradise Island was shown last season where they made it to the ocean. That scene was dated.

All ?35 ships sent to Paradise Island being lost was mentioned during this season - in one of the war meetings I think.

Eren infiltrating Marley was shown this episode.

So did the beast titan just escape on one of the ships last season without any hint of it? kinda lazy story telling.

Eren's crew clearing Paradise Island was shown last season where they made it to the ocean. That scene was dated.
    Oh. I just thought they'd cut a path to the ocean. I didn't think they'd literally wiped out the titans beyond the walls.

So did the beast titan just escape on one of the ships last season without any hint of it? kinda lazy story telling.
    I assume Beast, Cart, Reiner and Ymir all escaped together.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Oh. I just thought they'd cut a path to the ocean. I didn't think they'd literally wiped out the titans beyond the walls.
    In the last episode of S3 there was an exchange when they were riding beyond the wall where it was mentioned the majority of the titans on Paradise Island were inside Wall Maria. So in the year they took clearing out the titans to retake the wall they also eliminated most of the titans on the island.

Episode 63

--------------------------

Hmm, part of me wishes that Eren helped convince the WarHammer Titan to join them, but that'd make things too easy vs Marley.

Assuming Titans are here to stay for some time, Gabi will take the Armoured. Falco would take the Attack.

Black people?!

Hmm, part of me wishes that Eren helped convince the WarHammer Titan to join them, but that'd make things too easy vs Marley.
    Er...why would he? He basically IS Marley. Also he might not be the Titan.

Assuming Titans are here to stay for some time, Gabi will take the Armoured. Falco would take the Attack.
    You think Falco is going to beat Eren?

Also, I'm assuming titans will be extinct when this is over.

I think that if Titans were still being passed on, Falco would inherit the Attack titan. I'm not confident that they would be passed on however.

Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    Er...why would he? He basically IS Marley. Also he might not be the Titan.
    You're thinking of Willy. I'm referring to whoever is holding the WarHammer, doesn't have to be him.

Willy thinks Marley needs a good restructuring right now anyway - that's why he came out.

I don't expect this WILL happen, but since we know from Eren being the Attack and Founding Titans, you can consolidate powers by shifters eating other shifters, a final battle between the last two titans that have eaten all the others would be pretty rad.

I think that if Titans were still being passed on, Falco would inherit the Attack titan. I'm not confident that they would be passed on however.
    Inherit how? Like, Eren just lets him eat him? Isn't that the only way they get passed on?

If a Shifter titan actually died without being eaten, wouldn't it's power just be gone forever?

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    This is going to get ugly. I had to watch twice to catch the 'rotten house that needs demolishing' reference to mean that Marley and the rest of the world leadership that persecutes Eldians are likely going to be purged.

Interesting that the Tybor family manages to shadow run the Marley government, but can't or wouldn't secure better living or societal conditions for their people.

Eren approached Reiner, revealing his identity, so whatever his plan is, he expects Reiner to be powerless to stop it...

The pain (of waiting) is real!