Thread: Fairy Tail Ep. 167

Fairy Tail Ep. 167

[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail - 167: 1080p | 720p | 480p
    Last edited by Marik; Fri, 02-01-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: 1080p...

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    HAHAHA, over 9000...

... that's awesome.

Both climax points this episode brought a fair bit of warmth to my eyes, but I feel Cana's had better build-up while Erza's was more a case of persevering through it rather than busting out a final beam attack. It was still cool though.

edit: Watched it a 2nd time. It's not that Cana's had better built up, it was just shorter and not filled with filled with less cannon fodder (quattero puppy?) than the 1vs100 fight. Tension for both fights both rose when the "final" soundtrack starts playing.. and were done equally to the same degree.

The OP also suggests that they'll be distilling FT down to just one team, which makes complete sense. What doesn't is that Gray gets while while Mirajaine doesn't. If that was based on power, I'd be pretty confused. It'd better be because she gets hurt or something.

also edit: The carving in the OP also suggests that a woman "fairy?" is required to stop the Arcnologia dragon. I'm going to say that that's the power concealed underneath Fairy Tail's building, which would more or less have some connection with the First Master.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 02-02-2013 at 01:36 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Erza made that shit look easy.

I'd completely forgotten Cana had Fairy Glitter, and was wondering if she was going to be surprisingly strong, or to drunk to do anything at all.

And yay power levels! Can't have a shounen anime without power levels!

Took them long enough to introduce it, though not as long as One Piece I think.

Heh, 9999. Cana casts Meteo.

The only thing I'm pissed about is I KNOW we aren't going to get to see Fairy Tail win this because Shounen tournaments ALWAYS end up getting interrupted by the villain's plot.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 02-02-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DE
    I'd completely forgotten Cana had Fairy Glitter, and was wondering if she was going to be surprisingly strong, or to drunk to do anything at all.
    It seems like it was only one-off (both at the island, and now). Makrov seems to be able to use Fairy Law at will, but perhaps Cana doesn't have the capacity for it? I can't remember if she was present during the 2nd-Container treatment by Ultear, or whether she trained in the mountains with Elfman's team.

edit: checked. She didn't get the 2nd container.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 02-02-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Man, she's Gildart's kid, she doesn't need 2nd Container.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Too bad it's a one-shot usage kind of spell.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Too bad it's a one-shot usage kind of spell.
    I'm quite happy with that. She needs to put in some work to earn it IMO, instead of being catapulted to 10-Saint levels because:

1) She's Gildart's daughter,
    2) She ditched her teammate to look for the grave (personal gain) in order to become S-class.

In a way, the fact that Makrov enlisted her to go to the S-class exam so many times kinda proves she's got potential, but she's never been powerful all this time to such a sudden power boost, as well as a change the type of magic she uses doesn't quite sit right.

Hypocritically though, I also kinda wished Gray would infuse an Ice Lacrima within himself and just become a 2nd Gen Dragon Slayer like Laxus is. I'm not 100% for the idea because it'd be nice to have powerful mages that aren't Dragon Slayers, but at the same time I don't want him to lose out as a rival of Natsu's. I can only see so much potential in him making ice objects...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Hypocritically though, I also kinda wished Gray would infuse an Ice Lacrima within himself and just become a 2nd Gen Dragon Slayer like Laxus is.
    You know he'd have to, like, kill an Ice Dragon in order to get one right?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    You know he'd have to, like, kill an Ice Dragon in order to get one right?
    You would? Aren't they just created and shit?

Laxus had a whole bunch of lightning lacrima floating around the city when he assaulted FT right?

You would? Aren't they just created and shit?

Laxus had a whole bunch of lightning lacrima floating around the city when he assaulted FT right?
    Lacrimas are just crystals that hold magic power. They're just magic batteries.

But in order to make someone into a Dragon Slayer, a Lacrima has to have Dragon Slayer magic in it. And, as the two Sabertooth slayers explained, that magic comes from killing a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Lacrimas are just crystals that hold magic power. They're just magic batteries.

But in order to make someone into a Dragon Slayer, a Lacrima has to have Dragon Slayer magic in it. And, as the two Sabertooth slayers explained, that magic comes from killing a dragon.
    The two Sabertooth members' main point was that Natsu wasn't a true dragon slayer because he never killed a dragon. Their comment about becoming a true dragon slayer after killing their parents could be interpreted as supporting this line of thought as well.

We've never had any real explanation that stated Dragon Lacrimas came from dead dragons, but it could be more easily argued that Dragon Lacrimas can store or expel Dragon magic. Using that logic, one can say that Dragon Lacrimas, while being batteries, are also converters that lets you output dragon-style magic without actually learning how to do it from dragons.

The two Sabertooth members' main point was that Natsu wasn't a true dragon slayer because he never killed a dragon. Their comment about becoming a true dragon slayer after killing their parents could be interpreted as supporting this line of thought as well.
    That's not how I saw interpreted that scene at all. All those comments to me seemed like a description of how they became 3rd Gen Dragon Slayers.

The implication being that, in order to obtain the Dragon Lacrima they implanted in their bodies, they had to kill their dragons.

it could be more easily argued that Dragon Lacrimas can store or expel Dragon magic.
    If that was the case, then the ones inside 2nd Gen Dragon Slayers would run out after they used all the energy that was stored in the lacrima. And that certainly doesn't seem to be the case with Laxus. The Dragon Lacrima being the very life essence of a dragon explains why they don't ever seem to deplete.

Quote Originally Posted by DE
    If that was the case, then the ones inside 2nd Gen Dragon Slayers would run out after they used all the energy that was stored in the lacrima. And that certainly doesn't seem to be the case with Laxus. The Dragon Lacrima being the very life essence of a dragon explains why they don't ever seem to deplete.
    You pump mana into the Dragon Lacrima like how your normal mana refills your container. When you decide to use it in a magical attack, the mana previously stored is now of Dragon attribute. That's what I mean by "they can expel Dragon magic".

If I go back to Laxus's Lightning lacrimas, I understood those to produce lightning magic, but you can charge them with any mana.

*shrug* I don't agree, but since they haven't made it clear yet, there's really no way for me to argue.