Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Anime's TV Run to End on March 30

Fairy Tail Anime's TV Run to End on March 30

ANN confirmed that Kodansha's TV Magazine announced on Friday that the Fairy Tail anime's television broadcast run will end on March 30. The adaptation of Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail fantasy adventure manga premiered on Japan's TV Tokyo station in October 2009.

The April issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine is revealing on Monday that the Driland anime will begin a new run in Fairy Tail's current Saturday 10:30 a.m. timeslot on April 6.

However, Mashima posted a statement to fans on his official Twitter feed on Saturday:

Until the time comes, I cannot say something I've always wanted to say, even on Twitter. Please be patient and wait until the time comes for me to announce some good news.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nd-on-march-30

I'll miss it when it's not on anymore but...well...it's better than having seasons of endless filler that just ruin the series.

I wonder if the good news he wants to announce is a movie that will show the end of this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I wonder if the good news he wants to announce is a movie that will show the end of this arc.
    The manga doesn't really yet show any signs of how and where the current arc is going to end (and it's only barely ahead of the anime), but I suppose the mangaka himself knows how it's going to end and approximately how soon. If your guess is correct, then that announcement might happen when the arc finishes or when his plans and the studio's plans are so solid they can set dates in stone.

Wat? They're ending the series this month?? ;_;

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I know. Four episodes left, I'll be surprised if they even finish this day of the tournament.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Well it's been fun. Hope it ends momentarily stalls on a high note, since we won't really know when we'll get that continuation animated.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

This kind of confuses me the same way as Bleach.

If you knew you were going to be stopping soon, wouldn't it have made more sense to stop AT the time-skip and WITHOUT the huge filler arc?

Ending the series at the end of the Tenrou Island arc would have made a lot more sense.

Just like it would have made a lot more sense to end Bleach at the end of the Aizen arc.

And how it would have made WAY more sense to end the first Naruto series at the end of the Sasuke Retrieval arc instead of having 2 years of filler...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    If you knew you were going to be stopping soon, wouldn't it have made more sense to stop AT the time-skip and WITHOUT the huge filler arc?
    Artistic sense is oft on the losing side against the business sense. It's always easier to keep animating an existing project than to start a whole new one. Especially if the existing one is financially viable. But perhaps there is some sense left in the studio folks as they now realised this is hopeless.

It's too bad it's going to end this month. I'm happy that they do it this way, just pick it up later.

Yeah, I mean, it's certainly better than the alternative, it just annoys me that they're ending it mid-arc.

Fairy Tail TV Anime Project Relaunched

A relaunch of the Fairy Tail television anime project has been green-lit. Original manga creator Hiro Mashima had indicated that there would be good news for fans on Thursday.

Update: Mashima confirmed that the project is a new television anime series, and a sequel.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ect-relaunched

Wat? Fairy Tail sequel series? Already?

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Well, so far it's just a new project and nothing has been mentioned about an actual release( as far as I know). Which I'm glad about since otherwise it would be filled with filler.

I honestly thought more people would react to this news, maybe they haven't noticed it yet lol (or they just don't care as much as i do? :P)

Anyway, i think this is awesome news, i was expecting atleast a 1 year wait until we got any new FT stuff.

(ofc, the second i posted this, i notice NeoCybercoin made a post. Thats some magical timing right there.)
    Last edited by Penner; Fri, 07-12-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: lolz

I'm certainly looking forward to some more FT, but at the same time such a short wait makes me think that we also won't have a very long season ahead.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    That's what I'm worried about as well. At least the current manga arc is over. So I am guessing they could really stretch the fights that happened and afterwards a good long filler arc. But I do hope the story is good. And not some crap with that...Buttgang or whatever they were.

Great to read this news, but I'd rather wait a bit to have a nice long run that is filler free.

What do they mean by relaunch?

Is that just a fancy way of saying there's another season coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    I honestly thought more people would react to this news, maybe they haven't noticed it yet
    I just noticed it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    I honestly thought more people would react to this news, maybe they haven't noticed it yet lol (or they just don't care as much as i do? :P)
    I read the news and was only okay-pumped.

Then I listened to some FT OST - and now I'm really pumped.

Anime to Restart in April with Staff Changes

I was looking at chapter 365 from MangaPanda and it said that the anime will restart in April. So, I went and found a news story...

---

Fairy Tail Anime Returns in April

Director Ishihira assures fans that though some staff members have changed, quality of the anime has increased

The sixth issue of 2014 of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is announcing on January 8 that the anime adaptation of Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail manga will return in April on Tokyo TV and its related channels.

Director Shinji Ishihira expressed his joy at being able to bring the anime to fans in the spring. He mentioned that while there will be a change in staff for the restart of the anime, they are working to increase the quality of the show as a whole.

The magazine lists the cast and staff:

Cast
    Natsu - Tetsuya Kakihara
    Lucy – Aya Hirano
    Happy – Rie Kugimiya
    Gray – Yūichi Nakamura
    Erza – Sayaka Ohara

Staff
    Director: Shinji Ishihira
    Series Composition: Masashi Sogo
    Character Design: Shinji Takeuchi
    Animation Production: A-1 Pictures, Bridge

Takeuchi is replacing Aoi Yamamoto as character designer, while Bridge is replacing Satelight as one of the studios animating the series.

Mashima had asked fans earlier this year to wait until he could announce some "good news" since the first television anime adaptation of Fairy Tail ended. Mashima added on Twitter at the time, "It's actually not over yet. I can't say more than this, but I hope you watch the rerun starting in April and wait for the day I can announce some good news. […] Anime is not the end. Don't stop believing." The series concluded with a "To Be Continued" title card. Mashima later announced that the television anime project had relaunched.
    Fairy Tail Anime Restarts in April