Thread: Fairy Tail Ep. 173

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Fairy Tail Ep. 173

[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail - 173: 1080p | 720p | 480p

----------------------------------------------------

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

AHHHHHHH! I don't even give a fuck about this episode because the next two are going to be so fucking awesome!

AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    AHHHHHHH! I don't even give a fuck about this episode because the next two are going to be so fucking awesome!

AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    Lyon performed badly.. and by extension Gray (at least in my mind), since he considers Lyon a rival and everything.

I've had a pet peeve against Dragon Slayers in general just because it's such a hax magic and is also the big focus of the show, so I don't really care about this fight. I'm sure it'll be good, but I'm not rooting exceptionally hard for Natsu/Gajeel.. just FT in general.

That said, I do want to see Laxus smoke the 120mm Lighting Cannon guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I've had a pet peeve against Dragon Slayers in general just because it's such a hax magic and is also the big focus of the show, so I don't really care about this fight.
    Of course its a big focus. It's practically the POINT of the show.

Like I said last week, Gray needs an Ice Dragon lacrima so he can compete again.

That said, I do want to see Laxus smoke the 120mm Lighting Cannon guy.
    At first glance, it would seem like that would be an easy win for the guy that can eat lightning.

Until you realize that he uses Black Lightning. And as it's now been pretty much established, black elements means God Slayer magic.

Fairy Tail kicking Sabertooth's ass is the important thing right now, after all the dirty stunts by Sabertooth.

Still, I have to say I kind of like Millianna. She's so energetic - and I have to say she developed very nicely between now and the Tower of Heaven arc (and I'm not talking about her powers, haha).

Quote Originally Posted by DE
    Of course its a big focus. It's practically the POINT of the show.

Like I said last week, Gray needs an Ice Dragon lacrima so he can compete again.
    I realise it's the point of the show, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.. in the same way I support Vegeta/Picolo and dislike Goku (not because Goku's a douche.. but because everyone's all about Goku)

Gray having an Ice Lacrima would certainly power him up, but I don't want him to go that way. He should find a way to get powerful while staying a proud disciple of the great ice wizard Ul. Taking up a lacrima would be like Anderson from Hellsing.

Quote Originally Posted by DE
    At first glance, it would seem like that would be an easy win for the guy that can eat lightning.

Until you realize that he uses Black Lightning. And as it's now been pretty much established, black elements means God Slayer magic.
    Hoh.. I hadn't thought of it like that before. You can argue that it's simply "normal" black lightning though, since all the "God Slayers" use the word "god" in the header of their moves.

If he's a God Slayer though, that'll be interesting since Laxus is a 2nd Gen Dragon Slayer with a lightning lacrima implanted in him. If the lacrima is the container for his lightning magic, he won't be able to easily (if at all) use Natsu's trick of re-forming his container to eat black lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Still, I have to say I kind of like Millianna. She's so energetic - and I have to say she developed very nicely between now and the Tower of Heaven arc (and I'm not talking about her powers, haha).
    I'm sure that cheering crowd was in total agreement with you, Kraco.

Isn't it only like two episodes left of the show or something now? It really seems like they need a movie after to finish stuff up because i can't see how we'd get any sort of proper ending within the remaining timeframe :/
    Last edited by Penner; Sat, 03-16-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Gray having an Ice Lacrima would certainly power him up, but I don't want him to go that way. He should find a way to get powerful while staying a proud disciple of the great ice wizard Ul. Taking up a lacrima would be like Anderson from Hellsing.
    I never said he should receive the Lacrima willingly.

Hoh.. I hadn't thought of it like that before. You can argue that it's simply "normal" black lightning though, since all the "God Slayers" use the word "god" in the header of their moves.
    I'm betting the writer just didn't have him call it God Slayer magic because he wants it to be a reveal when Laxus tries to eat it.

It seems like it's more of an early bonus for those paying close attention to "Zancro had black flames, he was a Fire God Slayer. Cheria had black wind. She's a Sky God Slayer. This guy uses black lightning..."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Isn't it only like two episodes left of the show of something now?
    Yep. So unless there's a "Orochimaru starts a war in the middle of the Chuunin Exam" type event that ruins the rest of the games, there's pretty much no chance we're going to see the end of it in the next two episodes.

Really sucks ending it in the middle of an arc. Like I said before, they should have ended it at the time-skip.

Warning: Those of you watching Hunter X Hunter might want to be careful browsing that website since it has spoiler for upcoming stuff, the link itself is safe so just stay away from the front page.

Mashima: It's actually not over yet.

I'm confused.

Is Fair Tail Best literally just a rerun? Or is it some kind of reedited version like Dragon Ball Kai? If it's just a rerun, I don't understand the reason for renaming it.

I'm guessing the intention is for the rerun to just continue past where the original left off, so the series isn't technically ending...you're just going to have to wait 3 years for anything new.

Wait.. are they re-airing the entire show, and still only showing one rerun ep per week?

Thats a special kind of bullshit if thats the case.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Soul Eater got a re-run relatively soon after it ended as well. I have no idea what logic drives stuff like this, but at least I'll know how long I have to wait for new FT material.

I have no idea how the re-run will work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Wait.. are they re-airing the entire show, and still only showing one rerun ep per week?

Thats a special kind of bullshit if thats the case.
    How so?

Isn't that pretty much the norm for anime re-airings?

I don't think Japan has "5 days a week" style syndication.