Thread: Would this be a good cellphone?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar

Would this be a good cellphone?

I`m looking for a budget smartphone, but I`m honestly clueless when it comes to cellphones, can anyone look at the specs and give me an idea of how good it is, considering it`s only 100 bucks?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-_-TopUnlocked
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'd be mostly worried about user experience. A newegg comment said that google services don't work. I'm guessing that's gmail, google calendar sync, google talk etc.

I wouldn't be expecting many updates/after-sales support from this phone, so read some user reviews to see what works and what doesn't in practice. A listed feature (eg wifi) doesn't always work in practice (android 2.2, 2.3 had some issues with WPA encryption on some setups for example).

If it works and you don't care about being up to date with the latest OSes, it's good for 100 dollars when buying outright.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Personally if I had to change my smartphone I would look into lenovo, acer, xiaomi ones, or even a Nexus but this is a bit out of your budget. With the lots of ROM updates and custom software they work like a wonder, if they had any issue to start with.

Dont know about customs tho. Sometimes they hit you hard if you get those phones directly from Asia and if you (re)buy them in your country you are paying a 20-30% more.
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

http://www.amazon.com/BLU-Dash-D410a...s=Blu+Dash+5.0

I found this version which is a bit more modern abn costs 135 dollars, I`ll most likely end up buying this one, if anyone knows of a better specific model at roughly the same price, I`m all ears.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/BLU-Dash-D410a...s=Blu+Dash+5.0

I found this version which is a bit more modern abn costs 135 dollars, I`ll most likely end up buying this one, if anyone knows of a better specific model at roughly the same price, I`m all ears.
    Most of these off-brand phones are small Chinese companies with shitty support, so buyer beware. The one review for the phone you just listed sounds like a hired reviewer.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Reviews are spread depending on the phone COLOR for some reason.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...u%20Dash%205.0

This last link features a similar phone with over 100 mostly positive reviews

http://www.amazon.com/BLU-Dual-Core-...s=Blu+Dash+5.0

Blog Entries
    If you buy some weird brand you'll likely regret it in the long run, just save enough for a Moto G. It's as good within a budget as they come right now.

TOO LATE, I got the phone yesterday and to be honest, it is awsome! it`s bigger than expected (expected iPhone size and in reality it is Galaxy size), but everything else is all I could hope for.

Give us a review after a few months and let us know how it does.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

What I want to know is how long your battery lasts if you continuously browsed the web (at any brightness setting that you feel comfortable with, but do state that.)

About 6 hours, brightness is max. Will charge it fully tomorrow to test it out.

@Ani: Will do.

Great thanks, it's always nice to learn about companies and their products from trustworthy reviews.

Hoh, that's quite a long time. Then again it is a low rez screen given the size, but if it's usable then that's all that really matters. My galaxy S4 gets 4hrs or so if you're out and about. Perhaps up to 5-6 if you take effort to save the battery.