Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Build Fighters

So Aila has a Zero/Trans-Am system on top of invisible funnels. Hopefully, her loss will not be a some fist fighting BS.

Still no new episode at HorribleSubs :/ This sub group has been lacking this past week, to say it politely ...

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by FelixZeroAlastor View Post
    So Aila has a Zero/Trans-Am system on top of invisible funnels. Hopefully, her loss will not be a some fist fighting BS.
    I don't think that was Trans-am. Pretty sure with Trans-am, the whole MS glows red. Zero system I can see, though.

Quote Originally Posted by vejita613 View Post
    Zero system I can see, though.
    It looked exactly like something like that. This fight was so unstylish and brutish that it was hard to really see where Aila's own skills ended and the computer took over. Obviously she has fought every battle so far depending on the computer link. When she dropped out of that, at least for a large part, she started to suck quite badly, especially at this level, against opponents like Fellini. The fact the chairman said it doesn't matter if her brain is fried as she could be replaced any time suggests the same: The strength of Team Nemesis doesn't depend on the pilot's skills, but on the compatibility with the system.

While it's kind of a pity the first fight we really saw from Aila was marred by her regrets and hesitation and the subsequent consequences, I suppose something like this was foreshadowed since a long time ago. She even said in one episode the gunpla fights are nothing but painful. After seeing this episode, it's quite clear why she never told Reiji who she is; the gunpla fights are totally different for her compared to everybody else.

Well, that episode was kinda embarrassing.

First Kirara shouting "Felling, stop, you cant fight like this!" , like, what, should he just give up? It´s a game, where nobody dies. And the tournament is over if he gives up. Of course, he´d fight until he cannot anymore.

Secondly, those dramatic shouts when Aila kept stabbing the Fenice. That in itself was rather comedic, but Kirara being all shocked? Just lol.

Also, why would Fenice have a self-destruct function? That´s a complete bitch-move. "I cant win, so I make sure you wont, either". sigh

Defeating Aila will be 100% bs though, seeing how strong she´s been portrayed in this episode.

On a final note, wow is Aila hot at 8:51. Skin tight suits are fantastic, but that angle is just pure hotness.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Defeating Aila will be 100% bs though, seeing how strong she´s been portrayed in this episode.
    Who knows. She wasn't particularly strong against Fellini before they made the system take over. She was badly distracted by the thought the next fight will be against Reiji, so how will she fare during that very fight? If they force her again to the insane state we saw in this episode, she might lose due to her brain breaking down... But I guess we wouldn't see such a scene in a show like this, aimed at younger audiences. Maybe Reiji will tell her that she needs to fight seriously or he won't forgive her, and she will listen to the request. I certainly hope we will see a serious fight, not bullshit like this one.

Episode 21 - HS

- -- - - - - - -

Hmm... What to say. I guess Aila was, after all, super special despite the geezer's claim they could fry her brain if needed and get a replacement. However, she clearly ceased to be anything special in practice without the system. I don't know if it was because she hated the fights and gunplan in general and thus never really embraced the mentality of a player or achieved skills beyond what was necessary to work with the system. After all, as soon as she threw the helmet away, she put up a much lousier fight against Reiji than great many of Reiji's past opponents. I can't really blame her too much considering what a cold douche the Doctor was, with psychology skills falling below a Terminator's.

I didn't expect to see that sort of telepathic space in this show, though, even if it's so common in Gundam it's no wonder as such. But this is about a bloody game. To be honest I didn't care about the mushy parts at all, and consequently I was disappointed by the fight. I was hoping for Reiji and the others to get their act together and lecture Aila before the fight so that we would have had a stylish contest. Instead we got one where Reiji & Iori were repetitively saved by Aila not wanting to fight, and then they won when she threw away her best card and fought like a random joe from the streets.

A pity about the fight. At least Reiji offering the Iori household for Aila to move in was quite funny.

And just like that, everyone's favorite females are under the same household. That seemed to be the only positive to draw from this episode.

The entire fight was bs again as you said. Reiji didn't even destroy the second round funnels. she could have reactivated them. We also see that Aila is a complete novice who can't dodge a single punch. Maybe she will get better when the show does the eventual second season. That doctor clearly didn't learn his lesson. I expect to see him back with a new pilot if they do another season unless he reconciles with Aila and the old man before the season ends.

The next episode will hopefully be good. Meijin vs Qan[T]. If the Renalto bros were any indication, I expect to see him struggle throughout the match against one of my favorite suits. Also looks like the pilot is a Graham/Mr. Busido look-a-like so that is a plus for me too.

Edit: My bad, not the qan[T] but the Exia Repair.

Episode 22 - HS

- - - - - - - - -

This is the kind of fight I'd have liked to see between Reiji and Aila once Aila threw the helmet away, not the kind of disgrace we were served. I wouldn't exactly call this a very artistic or exciting fight, to be honest, it was rather a very textbook fight that proggressed smoothly from the simplest technique available to the gunplas to the more advanced ones. Kind of like a poster fight, a fight that could be used in a commersial to advertise the Gunpla battle system.

One thing I found just a bit dubious was Aila's vast personality change. Based on the flashbacks and stories she has always been an orphan probably sticking to the streets rather than "enjoying" the facilities or foster care provided/assigned by the government. Until she was picked from the streets by the douche Doctor and had to enjoy the torture they called gunpla training. Quite understandably she was super gloomy in the flashbacks and most of the time even in Reiji's company, although we probably saw some glimpses of the personality she would have possessed if she had had a more normal childhood. However, now she's suddenly all happy-go-lucky. I think it would have been a bit more realistic if she was a bit more skeptic about her future. When a person has been kicked in the head for all her life, she shouldn't trust so easily the first hand offering a freebie. But then again, this show is basically comedy during the moments not centering on gunpla, so I guess it makes sense.

his is the type of battles I want to see. Trans-am vs F-91's after images. God Gundams God Finger vs Turn X's Shining finger. Wing Zero's Twin Buster Rifles vs Gundam Double X's Twin Satellite Cannons. THIS IS WHY I WATCH THIS SHOW.

Thank you Sunrise. Thank you for this. I mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    One thing I found just a bit dubious was Aila's vast personality change. Based on the flashbacks and stories she has always been an orphan probably sticking to the streets rather than "enjoying" the facilities or foster care provided/assigned by the government. Until she was picked from the streets by the douche Doctor and had to enjoy the torture they called gunpla training. Quite understandably she was super gloomy in the flashbacks and most of the time even in Reiji's company, although we probably saw some glimpses of the personality she would have possessed if she had had a more normal childhood. However, now she's suddenly all happy-go-lucky. I think it would have been a bit more realistic if she was a bit more skeptic about her future. When a person has been kicked in the head for all her life, she shouldn't trust so easily the first hand offering a freebie. But then again, this show is basically comedy during the moments not centering on gunpla, so I guess it makes sense.
    Depends on the person too. She might be like that now because she just had a huge burden lifted from her shoulders. Plus you know...Reiji.

That was a great battle. I am still wondering how all of those extra suits that chairman has will fall into play though.

Episode 23 - HS

- -- - - - - - -

If you don't want anybody to see what you have hidden in the basement, you might want to start by buying locks for all the doors...

Quite an uneventful episode, but it wasn't so bad. I suppose it will make the final match starting in the next ep feel a bit more special when they broke the chain of matches that had been somewhat smooth up until now, thus separating it. I wonder what the shock at seeing Meijin's gunpla was all about, plus the exclamation they don't want the match to be like that. I find it hard to believe this Meijin would use any shady methods, even if the douche doctor paid a visit to the chairman's office. Maybe there's again some outside interference and it was about that, not about anything Yuuki was doing.

I wanted to see Aila fight one last time. Fellini losing to Kirara because he needed to treat her gently was pretty funny, but I didn't care about all those others.

All those cameos really hit home, especially the family scene like Uso's family, Domon's family, and Benard-Christine-Alfred.

Also, Turn X should never....EVER loose to a freakin Gyan, I don't care how pimped out it is.

It's also a shame they couldn't get Ikeda to fill in for "NOT Char".

HS - Episode 24

For the final match, it felt kind of "meh". Trans-am is a well established ability, and the RG thing just never felt like it should have the ability to beat it imo.

I wonder how many cameos they plan to cram into the final episode.

Meh indeed. I wish they had concentrated more on the actual match, less on the chairman proving that once a petty thief, always a petty thief. I've no doubt an honest fight would have been better than this robotic one. Especially since Yuuki would have likely fought better if he had been himself. There's no way he wouldn't have fought for victory or would have arbitrarily given up, as that would have been disrespecting the opponent.

Really disappointing last battle. Punched to defeat again. I jokingly thought that Sei and Reiji would punch the darkness out of the Exia and it really happened. On that note, did anyone else like the Exia Amazing better than the Dark Matter? I really like the design with the original colors.

The next episode is so convenient. Now everyone can show off what their newly built gunplas can do. Hopefully there will be some good cameos like the last episode.

Episode 25 Final - HS

- -- - - -- - -

This episode was hilariously unneeded in a show that should have been about the gunpla tournament, but I suppose I'll be happy simply because Aila hijacked the transfer and ended up in Reiji's world. I forgot she had a crystal of her own and when Reiji disappeared and she didn't jump like the petty thief chairman's secretary did, I was already feeling highly disappointed. All the better when she suddenly was there, after all. Maybe she will even be at home in that world since she can see the particles in a raw form without any devices.

The chairman was really burdened by his sins. He literally begged forgiveness from Reiji. He had no real reason to even approach him in the first place, especially if he had been genuinely as wicked as he seemed, but nevertheless he did. Maybe he was homesick after all.

This was quite a surprisingly entertaining show. It would have been even better if it had concentrated still more on the tournament and the fights and the script writer had come up with other finishing moves in addition to the punch.

Ugh, is this really the end of it?

This was the best episode, for sure. And it felt like this is where it really begins. Come on, give me another season that changes the tone and transfers Yori to Reiji´s world. Have real gundam fights take place, where Yori and possible other travellers like Fellini learn about the gruesomeness of really piloting their machine instead of it being a just a virtual representation.

Oh god, that would make for such an awesome tonal shift, like when Dragonball went to Dragonball Z, or when Ichigo quit his dumb little death god jobs and entered Soul Society. Seriously, dont let it end here.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Just realized this thread isn't in the Gundam Section.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/0...announced.html

Well that was fast. But, I'm excited.
    I speak only when I feel it's necessary.