Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gundam Build Fighters

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    When they do know how to copy a system, they must take into account opportunity cost - including something means they can't include another. A simplified example would be dual-wielding vs sword/shield. You choose on or the other. Someone might decide to put a shield on the forearm to combine both traits, but then you decrease dexterity of both.
    And yet usually the stronger fighters have the best offense, defense and agility. :/

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    And yet usually the stronger fighters have the best offense, defense and agility. :/
    Correct. You have to choose what works for you and your mech. But what you can't do, is slap everything together like Troyard's mech in Aldnoah Zero. That's the picture I'm getting from you: "7 champions have these 7 features - I'm going to add them all to my build".

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

That would be a sound argument, IF not for the fact that everybody seems to perfectly know about these systems whenever they appear during battle.
    They all have watched enough Gundam shows over the years to have seen it all. The rest is up to imagination. That they can name systems and techniques doesn't mean they necessarily know how they were achieved. In fact I kind of doubt great many gunpla builders know it themselves. It must be at least half trial and error. Use some fancy material/coating, then see how the game board (Plavsky particles) react to it. Of course over time you'd start to learn enough to be able to predict a little and connect some dots. Especially if you have a whole research team working on it, like Nemesis or Kawaguchi has, for example. Although it's a different thing to operate a gunpla and build it. You could be a master operator without knowing anything about building or theory, as long as you were sharp enough to recognize your own gunpla's potential as well as the enemy's. Reiji was like that, and Sekai is now. Aila might have become an exceptional builder, not only an operator, because she could see the particles. She would have immediately seen with her own eyes if some material was promising.

Epsiode 21 - HS

-- -- - - -

It's true that the strategy Nemesis used was idiotic, but still it's like this show isn't even trying to be exciting anymore. 3-0 victory against the European champion? Why would these folks be looking forward to the open championship anymore, if the European champion was a total loser who couldn't take down even a single enemy gunpla? Nemesis got extremely poor hype beforehand, compared to the first season, but still they did attempt to portray him like some big mofo of gunpla. But in reality he couldn't defeat a single named opponent. The poor strategy didn't really explain it either since he wasn't facing opponents 1 vs 3 all the time. He had enough 1 vs 1 and 1 vs 2 (or 1 vs 1.5) encounters. It's as plain as a cash cow that not a single Academy fighter could lose before the finals because of plot shield. That's just how they script writers decided when planning this whole story, no matter if it's for good or for ill. Bullshit. Nemesis was a totally unnecessary character in this season if this is it.

Honestly, for 3 vs 1, he put up a good fight. He even critically damaged Shia, although he should've finished the job. But, he relied too much on his own abilities instead of working as a team. My biggest problem this episode (which seems to be an old problem) was why the hell wasn't team try watching the damn match? I mean I guess they could be recording to watch later while repairing their gunpla but if it were me and there was so much at stake, I would be watching just to get an idea of what to expect.

Also, is it me or does it seem like Fuminas boobs keep getting bigger each episode? Seriously.

It's pretty funny how Wilfrid kept wondering for the whole duration of the fight how Nemesis could have stored so much particles in the gunpla (although it didn't even seem to me he would have used any really fancy techniques burning through them, but whatever), yet at the end Wilfried himself used a technique that made the whole arena glow like a shine kamehameha. Of course without any need to refuel like Nemesis was doing all the time. So, that whole refueling thing, that is, the Champion Strategy, was purely for nothing at all.

If the final fights are like this, it's only good if Fumina's boobs keep growing. At least something's getting better towards the end... This second season is so much worse than the first that it's not even funny. I admit Fumina is a lot hotter than China, but on the other hand this season has no Aila. Shia was left pretty meaningless in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by vejita
    Also, is it me or does it seem like Fuminas boobs keep getting bigger each episode? Seriously.
    Nah, overall they've been pretty stable and moderate. It's just that the animation this episode was a bit inconsistent in that regard. At 3:46 they seem massive, and at 23:32 they sit a lot lower than her usual sports-bra, extremely perky level. Did she leave the apartment in such a hurry as to not properly dress? I don't know. I'd rather say the animators screwed up.

@Kraco: the Crossbone's suit was operating at a much higher level than the other team's in terms of speed alone. I think he did rather well. G-Portent was essentially destroyed and The End was critically hit. He only really lost against Wilfred.

I quite liked this episode with its highlight being Crossbone moving like a rogue. The particle idea certainly wasn't bad. It's actually particles-well-spent. Imagine playing counterstrike where you can give money to your top fragger whenever he needs it. Not only that, but you then give your support mechs particle compressors as well - essentially giving you more particles than the other team (while making assumptions) while giving you more bang for your buck at the same time.

I think he did rather well. G-Portent was essentially destroyed and The End was critically hit. He only really lost against Wilfred.
    His team lost 0-3. It's meaningless to say "essentially destroyed" or "critically hit". Those would be nothing but moans of a loser (which he fortunately won't utter since he obviously loves playing the game more than winning). If his team had lost 2-3 then I wouldn't be here complaining. Destroying the other two and then losing against Wilfred would have been jolly good. But no, the Academy team's plot shield is too heavy.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Dude seriously overestimated his abilities. Tactic itself worked for a while until they just...ya know...chased him. If his teammates were actually skillful it would have been better. But no, he had to go all alone. Way to introduce an OP character only to toss him aside after one battle.

Wtf. Wost hype character ever@Nemesis. He ... sucked. He didnt have any real special moves, and he´d have been even weaker without the extra particle supply. What a letdown.

Next week will be extremely predictable.

And Im not sure about the finale. I guess theyre rivals, but it still doesnt feel like a proper showdown for our heroes. Actually, I cant see this boring battle happening, so Im predicting that there will be some sort of twist. Maybe Kijima gets hurt and the Meijin replaces him? Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    This second season is so much worse than the first that it's not even funny..
    youre full of shit. Second season is infinitely better than the first. One or two dumb battles wont change that fact.

Episode 22 - HS

--- - - - - - -

He's uses are otherwise so few that you'd think Mustachio had at least forced those three to come up with some tactics if not whole strategies for a fight. I don't see how Team Try is supposed to beat the much stronger opponent Academy if this is their level of planning and thinking. The moment their overly naive plan didn't work in this fight, they were rendered totally helpless and inactive. As if a team making it to the semifinals would leave the moment of fusion totally defenceless and open for exploitation. That also demonstrates Ral's uselessness quite fittingly: Even though it was worth trying, it was still more likely than not that it wouldn't work like some magic trick. Ral should have told them that and adviced them to rather plan on it not working, instead of sitting still dumbfounded when it doesn't. It should have been an extra shot from the beginning.

I guess their best bet is the fact the Academy team itself is basically a group of very prideful individuals, so it's kind of unlikely they would stick to team tactics instead of separate fights. So, Team Try can stick to that as well. It should suit Sekai at least much better. Yuuma has lots of wits so he could adapt to anything and Fumina naturally is all about helping others. Yuuma aside, Fumina actually wants to develop herself as an individual fighter, so it would serve her well to fight her love rival 1vs1...

I couldn't get excited about this fight either. The main fight should at least deliver, based on the participants.

With 25 eps, that is, 3 eps left, we might still have time for some nice cameos. Although I'm not really expecting them anymore.

Surpsringly exciting end for this fight. I couldnt really get excited for the fact that, of course, our heroes would win this fight. And the goofy Sakai never felt like a threat, anyway. But the music made this fight. There were two fantastic songs that I dont think had been used before,. And the ending with just Sakai and Yuma fighting it out was great.

What sucked, though: When Sakai´s team mates convinced him to fight instead of keeping a distance for a sure victory. Lol. It felt as if they were telling him "dude, it´s okay to lose".

It felt as if they were telling him "dude, it´s okay to lose".
    It felt like that because that's what they did. Initially he thought to avoid fighting at that point anymore and get the default win because that would have ensured his team mates would fight in the final match against Academy. So, he would have sacrificed his own wish to fight Yuuma for the sake of those two (or three since the guy he replaced is still in the cheer squad). However, they told him that he's free to chase his own ideal ending as well, even if it meant they wouldn't necessarily advance to the finals automatically.

The fight looked cool, but if you think about it, it was rather predictable.
    I would've much rather have seen that Fumino and Sekai let Yuuma fight alone, like Sekai did before. The sacrifices of their suits were not needed and the 'let's base our our plan on disrupting their gattai' was kind of weak, as mentioned above. I was expecting that they would start out combined.
    Them staying very close to eachother, conveniently in the blast radius was poorly done too. One of them should've shot the arm that Sekai was stopping to destroy it or at least force him to retract the arm.
    But since this was a typical rival fight, you could guess that this is how it would go.

I half expected the Tryon to whip out a hammer, since the whole suit is based on GaoGaiGar.
    As a fan of the GaoGaiGar series, I found it funny that Sakai's way of shouting out attacks is an imitation of Guy. In fact, the whole suit amuses me.

I do agree with Sakai that interrupting a gattai-sequence is pure blasphemy.

HS - Episode 23

--------------------------------------------------------

4 cups + sweets.

Realistically it's probably

1. Iori Sei
    2. China
    3. Maoh
    4. Fellini

But I'm sure it's not just me who's hoping it's

1. Sei
    2. China
    3. Reiji
    4. Aila

1. Sei
    2. China
    3. Reiji
    4. Aila
    You are not, and good catch.

1. Sei
    2. China
    3. Reiji
    4. Aila
    Yeah, but perhaps they were just cups set for the departed, for remembrance and a wish for their return. Especially since, as far as Iori and China would know, they aren't even dead, just sorely missed. I, for one, would be kind of unimpressed if Reiji of all people would be satisfied with watching the match from a small screen drinking tea. I'd only accept it if there was also a glass of soda for Reiji & Aila's child! I reckon that would tone down even Reiji.

Not a bad episode. It increased my anticipation.

Really excited to find out about Yuuma´s re-modellings.

Also lol @ Jun beating Sekai unconscious.

EP 24

I like the fact that they combined the three gunplas into one, but it seems wasted on OVERPOWEREDPUNCHOFDOOM at this point. I mean, I guess I should've expected it, and the amount of damage was impressive, but...meh.

Also, seriously Sei, you looking waaaaay too much like your mom at this point. Kinda creepy. Glad we got to see you, but kinda creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by vejita613 View Post
    but it seems wasted on OVERPOWEREDPUNCHOFDOOM at this point. I mean, I guess I should've expected it, and the amount of damage was impressive, but...meh.
    Yeah, I agree. However, the first battle in and around the colony is really impressive, probably the best in show so far. I especially liked how Adou and Yuuma got so much into it that they resembled some old enemies of many clashes from a real Gundam show. Enemies for life but also with deep respect for the other's skills. Sekai himself is kind of an empty vessel who simply enjoys any matches and the developing himself. Fumino still feels like a support character for those two, and kind of really stereotypically soft and feminine, but that's okay. Shia is more interesting, though, with her mysterious atmosphere and how she so carefreely and willingly approach and helped Sekai. That's like the highest degree of dedication to the game, by making your opponent stronger so that you can enjoy the game more yourself. It could feel cheap and unrealistic, but it didn't for her, at least not in my opinion, but maybe that's because I thought she could rival Fumina as a love interest...

Looks like the three tea cups may remain the only sign of the cameos I was looking forward to for the duration of the whole show. The last ep seems to be sort of Yuuma's own mini arc. Although if that tournament is less structured (free participation without multiple preliminary rounds, or perhaps free tickets in), then who knows. It could be amusing if the old gang appeared there, but I wouldn't bet anything on it anymore. It's just a single episode anyway, so there's only so much it can contain.