Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Build Fighters

Episode 7 - HS

- - - - - - - -

That first fight... The rest weren't so bad. I didn't foresee the stooges using that tactic, possibly because it's so cowardly and immersion breaking, but I should have. After all, they were so lacking in honour and pride they even prostrated themselves and begged for the opponent to lose on purpose. It's obvious they didn't give a shit about gunpla fights or anything related, they were only serving the boxer dude in their own pitiful manner. Fortunately the boxer himself was a decent person. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in Fumina and Kousaka, but then again, they are just kids, so they are supposed to get easily confused. Sekai has a long background in martial arts, so I'd say he was pretty safe.

Fumina seems to be falling for Sekai, finally. Jolly good. She's kind of a genki girl, so I hope she won't keep it hidden for the whole series, but you never know. Sekai certainly is so dense I doubt he would initiate anything. There have been romances in all the Gundams I've seen, but looking at the first season of this particular show, it was really slow and light, maybe due to the main characters being so young. Yet the first season did have undeniable pairings, so the chances are high.

I'm glad Destiny was in there, but man he did not use it to it's full potential. You had the wings of light man! You could've been blurring around the battlefield! Not that it probably would've mattered with Sekais martial arts and all, but still, WOL was the biggest thing I was looking forward too.

I do like the fact that straight builds were the highlight of this episode. I honestly don't care much for customized builds as I think the original designs are fine just the way they are.

I reeeeally love all the fights of season 2 so far. Whoever is the director is a skilled man. Good stuff.

The swimming club team was a complete fail, though. I kept wondering "so what will they do on a battlefield without water?" Well, we found out about that :/

Hoshino is super hot. Season 1 introduced the hottest milf in all of anime. Now it 1ups itself with Hoshino. Dayum. Now if only we´d get a cute girl for Ral-san. I still think that it´d have been best if Iori-kun´s father had been dead and Ral got together with Rinko :>

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by vejita613 View Post
    I do like the fact that straight builds were the highlight of this episode. I honestly don't care much for customized builds as I think the original designs are fine just the way they are.
    I don't really care since I wouldn't know which is straight, which is customised. Thus I actually like custom models more since it shows innovation. I guess a straight one doesn't necessarily need to be an out of the box model, it could still be enhanced, but surely custom ones would serve that purpose better. With enhancements I mean multilayering material on shields, metal gun barrels, and other such details that make the model have fancy functionality or simply last longer in the Plavsky particle cloud.

I guess I'm too much of a purist. I don't mind the occasional sticker or maybe even a slight modification, but some of those customized units rub me the wrong way sometimes.

Episode 8 - HS

- - - - - - - -

This really is a big downgrade after the first season, which I rewatched recently to refresh my memories. Like this episode that somehow seemed to assume anybody would give a shit about the annoying little sister of the first season's most annoying character. And even if you didn't give a shit (I doubt even 1% of the audience would), there still remains the completely inconceivable element that apparently Team Try truly believed that arrogant fool of a girl with her nameless sidekicks would beat the previous year's local champion. In general there's not a single opponent presented so far that I'd care about at all. That's a weakness the size of Olympus Mons compared to the first season, which was full of exciting opponents for Sei and Reiji to possibly face, right from the beginning, and more kept appearing throughout the show. In fact many of the other players were so developed that you could even care about their fights, not only about the main characters'.

Hard to believe this is made by the same people. Whatever happened to them between the seasons?

episoe 9 is out
    --------------------

another nice battle, although it wasnt as exciting as past ones. Im actually disappointed by the other martial arts guy. For all his "the Shigen Hao-school wont work on me", he really didnt put up that much of a fight.

Anyway, despite next week appearing to be a filler episode, things are destined to heat up with the arrival of the meijin from season 1.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    episoe 9 is out
    --------------------

another nice battle, although it wasnt as exciting as past ones. Im actually disappointed by the other martial arts guy. For all his "the Shigen Hao-school wont work on me", he really didnt put up that much of a fight.
    Agreed, he seemed to be all talk. I will give him credit, he put that one chick in her place when she started talking smack. Not that Gyanko didn't deserve it, but there's no need to rub salt in the wound. You won, that's all that you need.

I do look forward to next episode. I hope that Mirai shows her true colors as a martial arts master under the guise of a fashion model.

At this local level, I don't think it's unreasonable believe that somebody who can only use melee combat in gunpla fights, which feature weapons of all sorts prominently, would fare poorly against a competent fighter with a decent and versatile gunpla. In fact I'd find it hard to place my bets of Sekai, especially at higher levels, like the national they will be facing next. While the grand duels before the disappearance of gunpla fights for a while, that is the tournament of the first season, very often ended in fist fights, it wasn't really like there would have been no other options and the fists would necessarily be the best way to go. Reiji also knew how to fight with weapons just fine, plus the fancy systems Sei invented. Sekai is really a one-technique wonder as far as Gundam is concerned.

This fight finally showed a glimpse of the kind of ingenuity the world championship of the first season treated us with time after all, when Sei and Mao needed to make their gunpla better and better. The club president of the opposing team used a gunpla from the same school that Mao was from, and the grand cannon was quite similar to Mao's. Sekai's Sei-built model also revealed the functionality of those small shields, curiously enough as if made for a melee fighter. But why not, if anybody could pull it off, it's Sei. It would be pretty sad if Sekai successfully fought with this same model from the beginning till the end, never changing anything. Not that he personally would have the wits and skills to alter it, but still.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I am just hoping for cameo's of the first show. Not counting on Ral.

I've been wondering, who repairs the Build Burning Gundam? I mean since it's most likely not Sei that's fixing it the overall quality and particle emission should be steadily declining for every time they have to fix something.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Quote Originally Posted by fireheart View Post
    I've been wondering, who repairs the Build Burning Gundam? I mean since it's most likely not Sei that's fixing it the overall quality and particle emission should be steadily declining for every time they have to fix something.
    I've been wondering that for sometime myself. The only logical answer would be Yuuma since Sekai doesn't have the experience to fix something that is likely very complex. I wish they would show him actually doing it though.

There hasn't probably been so much to fix so far considering the damage level isn't overly high during these local fights. But yeah, I imagine some maintenance should be done all the time, after all, plastic isn't overly tough intrinsically leading to material fatigue if nothing else. It's a pity the series is skipping it as if it didn't matter. So far even Fumina might have been able to take care of Burning Gundam, but from now on it would take an expert since the national level contests (and above) use a high damage level.

Episode 10

I do look forward to next episode. I hope that Mirai shows her true colors as a martial arts master under the guise of a fashion model.
    So, she may or may not be a master, but I'll still file this one under "called it". And for those that don't get the joke, she hit him right in the cock...pit. No but really though, most mobile suits have their cockpits located in the chest or sometimes their head. Turn A is the only one that I know of that has ever had the cockpit in the crotch. I think it was one of Tominos jokes.

Also, for someone that claims to love Gundam so much, that rock star didn't even use Turn A's Moonlight Butterfly. I guess he just wanted to show off. Still, a black Turn A actually looks pretty good. It's still an ugly design though.
    Last edited by vejita613; Wed, 12-10-2014 at 07:37 AM.

kinda offtopic: its extremely frustrating to keep witnessing how much hidden potential this anime has, but never seems to have plans to make use of it. Im talking about the plavsky particles and Reiji from season 1.
    All of this gunpla toy fighting would be a nice, even great prologue to a much deeper, more complex, adventurous story. I always imagine how at some point now Reiji returns and says "I need your help!". And then he, older Iori, older Meijin and our new heroes travel through a dimensional rift to Reiji´s home dimension - where gunpla doesnt exist. But where freaking Gundams do exist! And then the real story begins, where fighting means living or dying. Huge interstellar wars betweens advanced cultures. A 52+ episode adventure, full of world exploration, a new level of fighting and a whole different atmosphere.

Instead it seems we´re forsaken to keep watching toy fights, only because that´s better for marketing the actual toys. sigh

So, she may or may not be a master, but I'll still file this one under "called it".
    I doubt she's a master. She obviously dropped the martial arts to go modelling, leaving the fighting arts for Sekai to inherit. I reckon she must still be doing plenty of physical exercises to keep her body suitable for modelling, so it's possible she's still repeating some familiar moves. It doesn't seem to me like her personality would be as good for martials arts as Sekai's anyway, and it also seems like Sekai's image of her sister might not be entirely correct. Probably he hasn't updated his image for years and remembers his big sister from back when he was very young and Mirai already seemed like an asskicker with the Jigen Haoh.

It didn't look too good about the Sekai+Fumina. He's denser than iridium and while Fumina was embarrassed, she hasn't really shown any romantic interests whatsoever during the show. At least her mom was immediately ready to pair her with Sekai. Seems like Gundam Build mothers are the best...

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    kinda offtopic: its extremely frustrating to keep witnessing how much hidden potential this anime has, but never seems to have plans to make use of it. Im talking about the plavsky particles and Reiji from season 1.
    All of this gunpla toy fighting would be a nice, even great prologue to a much deeper, more complex, adventurous story. I always imagine how at some point now Reiji returns and says "I need your help!". And then he, older Iori, older Meijin and our new heroes travel through a dimensional rift to Reiji´s home dimension - where gunpla doesnt exist. But where freaking Gundams do exist! And then the real story begins, where fighting means living or dying. Huge interstellar wars betweens advanced cultures. A 52+ episode adventure, full of world exploration, a new level of fighting and a whole different atmosphere.

Instead it seems we´re forsaken to keep watching toy fights, only because that´s better for marketing the actual toys. sigh
    But then it wouldn't be "Gundam Build Fighters" anymore. You might as well watch a normal Gundam series at that point. GBF was never meant to be that serious, which is refreshing for a Gundam series. We can just sit back and watch a bunch of mobile suits that would normally never meet in any way, battle it at and destroy each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I doubt she's a master. She obviously dropped the martial arts to go modelling, leaving the fighting arts for Sekai to inherit.
    I was thinking she had become so good at it, that she had mastered it at a young age and decided to do something else that either challenged her or just let her get in touch with her feminine side (or both). Either way, she is definitely not someone to mess with.

side note: So I guess Kirara did well for herself. I wonder where Fellini is?

But then it wouldn't be "Gundam Build Fighters" anymore. You might as well watch a normal Gundam series at that point.
    My favorite concept is "reality meets fantasy", so normal Gundam would be just fantasy and boring :/

side note: So I guess Kirara did well for herself. I wonder where Fellini is?
    Maybe she went to America because she wanted to be with Fellini. After all, Japanese idols aren't allowed to have relationships. They aren't even allowed to meet the opposite sex during their free time. Fellini, being Italian, wouldn't have had any of such nonsense.

Episode 11 - HS

- - - -- -- --- --

Looks like the gunpla builders haven't been sitting on their hands for all these years after the first season. The academy student's ominous gunpla at least seemed to be further developed than the gunpla back then. Sekai's gunpla is many years old, so even if it was built by a master of a sort, it's still old and possibly lacks new advances that came after. I have no idea how Sekai is going to get a new one, though, or have this one updated sufficiently. To be entirely honest, Yuuma doesn't seem such a great builder especially after this. His gunpla suffered greatly already during the local fights, and now it's probably out of its league. Maybe he can build really shiny and detailed regular models and even customise them for a show, but can he build something that's specifically meant to win these fights where structural innovation and the extra functionality it brings matters more than good looks?

Fumina's SD model looks even more stupid next to the gunpla by these serious types. But then again, it's only meant to fall apart.

Finally I'm getting excited by their adversaries. About the time, after 10 eps of inconsequentiality.