Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Gundam Build Fighters

Yeah, the top person is the toy maker princess, whose dad's company took over the arena manufacturing after the Arian criminal's original company obviously collapsed. The bottom one is Fumina's inspiration and idol. Dunno if she's Meijin's girlfriend, though, or if it's merely a meaningless title. But at least Meijin didn't have a love interest in the first season that I can remember, so who knows. He's a good guy, unlike some of the earlier Meijins.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    First episode of the new season is out!
    Glad they are continuing on that plot from the first season.

Do you mean the Island Wars? Isn't it just a single episode special?

Gundam Build Fighters Try: Island Wars

-- - - - - -

Regardless, it was both bad and good. The bad thing was that it went for the crazy, meaningless plot instead of normal gunpla matches, the good thing was what was happening with the characters. Although I suppose it's subjective, but I didn't like the grand battles versus berserk gunpla acting on their own. I only liked the matches. That was the weakness of the first season, which was otherwise far superior to the second season. Naturally it made me happy that the best characters of the first season are living happily and even have a child. Although I thought it condescending how the kid was so happy with the badass looking Gundam she stole, but then they made her build the bloody Bearguy thing afterwards, as if all girls automatically only want cute but useless things instead of real tools. Leave it to the patriarchal Japan to still present such sentiments.

The current Gundam Build Fighter Re-Rise 8s, unfortunately, the worst season of the Build Fighters-series

There's two reasons.

The lesser: People are all fucking psychos and the show never explains why this is supposed to be ok. Talking to your gundam, being super depressed, feeling love etc.. - IT'S A VIDEO GAME FFS.

The big reason: We are currently LITERALLY watching the anime-form of a Let's Play-video. There's zero human conflict so far, no competition or anything. The heroes aka players are simply following a coop-quest and its storyline. Zero significance in any way.

Now, there's ome thing that bothers me about the latter, too: On one hand it's all a game, a mission, you either succeed or fail. But then the anime makes it seem like the furry-npcs are actually conscious beings. We even see scenes where no player is involved - why would we even see a scene that the players can't see? But no effort is made to explain this and we're already 6 episodes in.

Sigh

I'm a big fan of the Build Fighters series, but while last season has been disappointing, this one is a bonafide failure

Episode 12:

Wow. It only took 12 episodes until some excitement. I'm actually looking forward to episode 13 ...

You are quite a champion to keep watching the later seasons. The second season already convinced me I don't need to see more.