Thread: Naruto Chapter 666

Naruto Chapter 666

Pretty nice chapter. Looking forward to the better translation.

So Obito is going to give Naruto the other half of the Kyuubi, whilst keeping bits of Hachibi and Ichibi? Seems as though Obito is best placed to fight Madara, though with Gai around things are gonna be more lively

My body is ready for the 8 gates, he'll probably force Madara to use "that".

Finally we see all the Gates open!!!

And Tsunade to heal Gai after what should be a death inducing move. Still, for Gai to go up against what effectively is the SotSP is awesome.

Conveniently he takes part of the hachibi. This is probably how Bee gets saved, then. I honestly never thought about the fact that Kakashi's power is linked to Obito's due to both being part of the same pair, that's actually a pretty nice twist.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I'm glad the comments are nice so far because I agree that this was a good chapter. l would rather see Gai die when he uses 8 gates instead of getting some sort of pulled out of the ass reason to save him. However lessor characters have been given second and even third chances so if they found a convincing reason that 8 gates won't kill him I guess I would be fine. If he does live though they have to like explain that his ninja days are over his body is no longer capable of using gates or even fighting as good as he used to. But I think a sad farewell is the better way to go. HA HA I just thought that if Gai dies that leaves just Ten Ten and Lee and I think some of us have been thinking about a dual 8 gates sacrifice where both Lee and Gai die together.

If that where to happen I would imagine that from the logic this series has been going with Ten Ten would be so stricken with grief that she would almost have to become the next evil villain... In the very least it's a fucking good thing that she is not an Uchiha!

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Conveniently he takes part of the hachibi. This is probably how Bee gets saved, then. I honestly never thought about the fact that Kakashi's power is linked to Obito's due to both being part of the same pair, that's actually a pretty nice twist.
    Yeah it was a twist but it did not happen in this chapter. It was established some time ago that they share the same pair of eyes and both have the same ability! Kakashi can use his ranged while Obito can only use his on himself and in melee. And if either of them had both eyes they could use both froms of Kamui and probably a stronger version of each as well.
    Last edited by viperwasp; Wed, 02-26-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    really? I have been screaming about that ever since Tobi was first shown. it was the number 2 reason for them to be the same person.

Since nobody has been massaging Beeīs heart, he should be dead already. Just saying :>

Gai entering the fight against Madara is nice, but I canīt get hyped for it. Prove me wrong, Kishimoto ...

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Since nobody has been massaging Beeīs heart, he should be dead already. Just saying :>

Gai entering the fight against Madara is nice, but I canīt get hyped for it. Prove me wrong, Kishimoto ...
    I am totally with you on the Gai thing! As much as I want to see the 8th gate it's really only interesting if you know that he has a chance of winning. Logically speaking I don't see Gai beating Madara. It is possible that 8th gate will be one of the many team focused abilities that will be used to beat Madara. But alone Gai won't win and unlike earlier fights in this series not even that far back even around the time of the Kage summit we did not know the outcome of most battles. Now it feels like 99% of all fights are predictable because only the main characters have a hope of saving the day. Maybe Madara won't be the final villain and if so he may be defeated by someone other than Naruto and or Sasuke.

P.S
    Also about Killer Bee I am under the assumption that he was never ripped from his tailed beast he was just sealed along with it. So he should be relatively fine. You know if someone manages to unseal him that is. Kishimoto not showing Killing Bee all this time would be completely unforgivable. It's not like this whole war will be over and Naruto is like hey where is Killer Bee and the scene will flash to an overview of the war-field and zoom in on a panel showing Bee's rotting corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    really? I have been screaming about that ever since Tobi was first shown. it was the number 2 reason for them to be the same person.
    Dunno. Haven't read any comments suggesting that around here...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

this from 2008. and there are probably much earlier comments, but this was the easiest for me to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    [...]
    Tobi = Obito. the core of the discussion.
    the theory first came about because of the similar names (fans of HxH remember it from the end of greed island) Tobi is Obit(o) rearranged. next point of similarity is the M.Sharingan. both Kakashi (obito's eye) and Tobi (again Obtio) have time\space wrap eye jutsu, Kakashi can wrap others, Tobi can wrap himself, makes it seem like they are the same person, doesn't it? (again maybe Tobi is just collecting Uchiha bodies and taking over their wills and past wishes, who's to say)
    [...]
    emphasis added for emphasis.

inb4 gate opening release a bunch of sage chackra that was trapped on the body

ANBU Captain
    Just wanted to ask bc "someone" clearly has a problem with my posts, but no one else thinks it makes no sense that the 4th in sage mode is slower than kakashi taking the time to turn his head and use kamui in addition to obito using his??? I mean my speculations and comments are no different from the rest of u but I'm gettin negative rep for stating the obvious. Honestly the rep system is pointless but really? My comments upset u that much? Grow up

Anyways I wonder if Lee brought the gourds to suck out more chakra? It would be hilarious if they put madara in a jar. How demeaning would that be for him lol. All that power and he's stuck like a pickle

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Just wanted to ask bc "someone" clearly has a problem with my posts, but no one else thinks it makes no sense that the 4th in sage mode is slower than kakashi taking the time to turn his head and use kamui in addition to obito using his??? I mean my speculations and comments are no different from the rest of u but I'm gettin negative rep for stating the obvious. Honestly the rep system is pointless but really? My comments upset u that much? Grow up

Anyways I wonder if Lee brought the gourds to suck out more chakra? It would be hilarious if they put madara in a jar. How demeaning would that be for him lol. All that power and he's stuck like a pickle
    I think people either have problems with my posts or problems with most of our posts. This community seems a little hostile but I don't care been 6 months since I have checked my rep. It's kind of pointless. We all make roughly the same type of comments here. Anyone who takes this forum seriously enough to submit positive or negative rep or thinks that it really matters needs a reality check. Where geeks talking about anime on the internet. Sorry manga in this case. I like everyone here except for those who directly insult other users! And since my memory is so bad I don't really remember who here directly insults other users.... So yeah don't worry about it. I appreciate just about every comment.

As for your post yes speeds and or power levels are messed up. A lot of things that seem odd to me! First of all I'm not sure about you guys but Kamui has always seemed to be fucking fast! I'm not just talking about the fading out of existence but Obito teleported people into the other dimension extremely quickly! Like when Sasuke was about to be crushed by the gravity cube of death. Also I forget what most of those special sage of the six paths tools did but we all know that Gai and his group is going to make use of them. Madara getting stuck inside a jar would be interested but he would escape in the very next panel! lol
    Last edited by viperwasp; Sun, 03-02-2014 at 11:37 PM.