Thread: Spoiler tag debate.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edort4 View Post
    We have some guys here that think that is cool to force other people to not discuss (or avoid it) about something from an actual episode (I dont give a fuck if its minute 1 or 24) because they dont like it, a selfish infatuation, and if you tell them that they are forcing that on you they even get mad an start relating you to some kind of aggression paralelisms.
    I don't understand why you think people who don't want to know about episode events before they happen are being selfish but people who do want that are somehow being altruistic or something?

Both sides are being equally selfish in that instance. Both sides are trying to force the other side to abide be their beliefs. Trying to paint one side as heroes there and the other as villains when they're both doing EXACTLY the same thing is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Because previews can be intentionally misleading (the good ones are), so they're just as worthy of discussion.
    Ah, so it's okay to be spoiled then as long as the studio is shitty at making previews. Good to know. Very quantifiable that.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Stop hanging out with violently insane people.
    It's hyperbole. Nobody watches(watched) Breaking Bad previews, and nobody tolerated anyone around them discussing them in earshot either.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    It's insanely irrational and egotistical to expect people in a discussion thread to fucking dance around spoilers just because you might get your feelings hurt.
    And I'm sorry if you care so little about the people you are so desperate to discuss a thing you both enjoy with that you don't care if you're making the experience less enjoyable for them in the process, because the 15 second clip at the end that has no relation to the actual episode you just watched simply cannon pass without comment.

It's insanely irrational and egotistical to insist that, in an discussion about things that happened in the current episode, that the preview(which is a collection of things that happen in the NEXT episode) has to be discussed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edort4 View Post
    This. I dont care if people ask politely for the favor of not discussing the previews for next episode. The question is that it was stated as their fucking constitutional right that you cant discuss previews or even mention them at all because their habit of not watching them is sacred.

I cant believe that they dont actually see the fundamental difference between those two. I guess that socialdemocracy neo-language and brainwashing made it that far.
    Episode previews in the constitution? What the fuck are you babbling about?
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 03-01-2014 at 04:50 PM.