Thread: Forums going down?

Forums going down?

Has anyone else had issues with connecting to the site recently? Today marks the third time in the past couple of weeks that the forums seem to have been down, at least for me. Just wondering if there's a reason behind it. Maybe some upgrades/maintenance going on or something?

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure gotwoot is dying, we should have some backup website for when it meets its inevitable demise

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Bit of a billing info snafu for this one. Other ones may have been related to softlayer's network itself or the not-so-great server we're living on.

Anyway, that's sorted and we're back up and running.

If you want to have alternative means of finding out what's going on, I've gone ahead and set up a twitter account ( https://twitter.com/gotwootstatus ). If you're having problems, hit that up with a direct message and if nothing else I should get an email about it and be able to reply.

As far as other contingencies go, I own the gotwoot.org domain, and also have control of reddit.com/r/gotwoot. I haven't done anything with either of them ... they're both just things I'm holding onto as contingency plans for now.

I've also got backups (weeklies) of the forum database and filesystem contents, so if it came to it I'd just have to grab some hosting space and restore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8 View Post
    Bit of a billing info snafu for this one. Other ones may have been related to softlayer's network itself or the not-so-great server we're living on.

Anyway, that's sorted and we're back up and running.

If you want to have alternative means of finding out what's going on, I've gone ahead and set up a twitter account ( https://twitter.com/gotwootstatus ). If you're having problems, hit that up with a direct message and if nothing else I should get an email about it and be able to reply.

As far as other contingencies go, I own the gotwoot.org domain, and also have control of reddit.com/r/gotwoot. I haven't done anything with either of them ... they're both just things I'm holding onto as contingency plans for now.

I've also got backups (weeklies) of the forum database and filesystem contents, so if it came to it I'd just have to grab some hosting space and restore.
    How reliable! Good to know you've got our backs Comp

Thanks for the update comp! But I don't own, and don't want to own Twitter, so I'll just stick to making posts when available, if that's okay.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.