Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 669

Naruto Chapter 669

I know he's not supposed to be the hero that wins the battle in the end, but Guy deserves more than Madara getting excited and laughing. I want some permanent damage inflicted! Give Guy at least broken weapon, shattered defenses, and a worried Madara before he bites the bullet.

All in all, best power-up of all the ninjas despite the death penalty that comes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensee View Post
    I know he's not supposed to be the hero that wins the battle in the end, but Guy deserves more than Madara getting excited and laughing. I want some permanent damage inflicted! Give Guy at least broken weapon, shattered defenses, and a worried Madara before he bites the bullet.

All in all, best power-up of all the ninjas despite the death penalty that comes with it.
    That is exactly my thought. Even with teamwork Madara feels like he has the upper hand or at least stands on equal grounds. I don't know what would have been better? If Gai got a different opponent for his 8th gate one that is not marked as possible final boss so he can actually win. Or the fact that gai is going up against such an opponent so if he does do some damage at least he did it to the strongest enemy in the entire series.

I think if Madara didn't have the Jyuubi in him right now he would would dead for sure. Power wise I think Gai has proven he has equalled or surpassed Hashirama, if only for one battle and at the cost of death.

I agree that Madara should have like a couple of broken limbs at least, not laughing like a clown at Gai. Obviously Gai isn't going to beat him, but if this is the kind of response Madara gives then Gai's life seems wasted. He should then also get some kind of get out of jail card like Tsunade doing something bloody useful after doing jack all during the battle and saving Gai's life.

How Lee's current status doesn't make him an elite Jounin, let alone a normal Jounin, I don't know. Him staying as a Chunnin is laughable when you consider Kurenai was a Jonin who Itachi dispatched without even breaking a sweat. He probably needs more battle experience and tactical study before he would be considered lethal in the Kage class, but Lee is standing shoulder to shoulder with Gaara, Kakashi and Yondaime. That says something.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    The only ranking with a good indication of power is Kage. Naruto is still....Genin! So rank means nothing these days. But I did like Guy being badass and actually giving Madara a good pounding.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    It`s possible he becomes Jounin AFTER the war.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

If I were madera right now, I'd go after Lee or someone in order to make Gai stop shooting air at me.
    I think that the 4th is planning for that, he sets up Lee as a bait, waits for Madare to go after Lee, uses his kunai switch to bring Kakashi there, and Kakashi Kamuis away the weapon.

ANBU Captain
    I'm was so glad to see that smug look get wiped off madara's face, even if it was replaced by an look of excitement. He is just insane. That's the effect of the madness the sharingan's power brings. I am totally satisfied with what ever outcome this battle has for guy. He made the right gates a viable technique to learn. At one point I feared it would be another reputable technique/ability that would be simply trumped to further embellish the strength of the enemy.

So kakashi's eye is nearly blind....things are slowly getting worse.

Reckon Itachi with Yata's mirror and the sword of Totsuka would give Madara a few problems right now

That was some pretty sweet action actually, nice tactics as well.
    -----------------

By the way what did Kakashi actually do with Kamui, make half of that black orb concealing Madara dissapear?

In a strange twist, I felt like the MangaPanda translation was easier to understand and made more sense than the Manga Stream version this week.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    Reckon Itachi with Yata's mirror and the sword of Totsuka would give Madara a few problems right now
    I think Yata's mirror and the sword of Totsuka are some of the worst handled abilities this whole series.

A) Where did they come from?
    B) Who where they used by and agaist who? I mean in the past before Itachi had them?
    C) How did Itachi get them?
    D) Where are they now?
    E) If they are that strong. And they seem to be why did Itachi not give them to someone else? Or teach others how to use them? Can others use them?
    F) Will we see them again in this series?

Because of these reasons or questions I feel that they are so out of place. I feel like they can probably defeat the Juubi and or Madara. So that makes them way to over powered.

ANBU Captain
    Itachi seems like he would give ANYONE problems. Just another character that is too strong to survive into the latter part of the story. There would be no growth for the other characters. It's just good to see madara taking damage bc for a moment he seemed pretty untouchable.
    Well naruto is awake so I guess sasuke will also make his return to the battle. Bringing kabuto into the fray would also move this battle closer to completion. His sage techniques will really come in handy. Orochimaru and Karin wouldn't hurt either at this point. Crazy thing is that this is the first time I've ever considered Karin the most useful out of that 3-man cell

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    That was some pretty sweet action actually, nice tactics as well.
    Yeah, this is some pre-shippudden level teamwork going on. Nice to see Kishimoto is still good for a few more of those.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Crazy thing is that this is the first time I've ever considered Karin the most useful out of that 3-man cell
    Well of course she practically soloed Black Zetsu and the summon thing. Well Oro and other did help out. I am really pissed though because this may or may not shock some of you but I have rated Karin as my least favorite Naruto Character. And out of all the main anime or manga that I enjoy she may be my least favorite character out of all the series except for some minor or of course filler arc characters that I don't count. I'm sorry if you don't agree that in the very least shes a bad character I'm only saying this is my option.

Sasuke is a horrible character don't get me wrong. But Karin is on a whole other level. Yet shes really strong all of the sudden in the series and I am not arguing that point at all. It still does not make her a better character.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Yeah, this is some pre-shippudden level teamwork going on. Nice to see Kishimoto is still good for a few more of those.
    Yes however there has been a couple situations like this over the past 40 chapters. Still it's good to see. Personally what I miss the most from pre-shippudden or early shippudden is Ninja doing Ninja things. You know jumping from branch to branch in the forest. Marking there path, hiding there tracks, following the tracks of the enemy. Stalking, spying, ambushing.

None of that exists now. Ninja A is like I sense the presence of Ninja B coming from miles away. I will challenge them to a duel! It's basically DBZ at this point. However it's DBZ with decent or even good team work and team battles so you know what it's fine!
    Last edited by viperwasp; Thu, 03-20-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    How Lee's current status doesn't make him an elite Jounin, let alone a normal Jounin, I don't know. Him staying as a Chunnin is laughable when you consider Kurenai was a Jonin who Itachi dispatched without even breaking a sweat. He probably needs more battle experience and tactical study before he would be considered lethal in the Kage class, but Lee is standing shoulder to shoulder with Gaara, Kakashi and Yondaime. That says something.
    If I remember correctly, the prerequisite for being a jounin was mastery of two elements. Since Lee can't do ninjitsu, he's pretty much disqualified.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    The only ranking with a good indication of power is Kage. Naruto is still....Genin! So rank means nothing these days. But I did like Guy being badass and actually giving Madara a good pounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    If I remember correctly, the prerequisite for being a jounin was mastery of two elements. Since Lee can't do ninjitsu, he's pretty much disqualified.
    Ummm... Sir? Gai!

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Is not a requisite, is a general rule of thumb.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

By the look on Gaara's face I think he would have quite a few problems with Lee at 6th gate, and he is Kage level.