Thread: Naruto Chapter 670

Naruto Chapter 670

Does anybody else have what Kishimoto was smoking!? Because I want some? I guess overall this chapter was not really that weird except I do find it strange how all of the sudden the Sage of Six Paths is speaking to Naruto? What triggered that? Why now? Why not when he first obtained his final bijuu cloak and made friends with all of the tailed beasts etc? Is it because he basically died?

Also most of this information was already known or heavily speculated on. But now we have proof. I'm guessing Madara or Sasuke are the reincarnation of the other brother. I don't know if Kishimoto is talking about literal reincarnations or his own ideals of reincarnation within the Naruto world. Might just be some form of decedent that carries the will power of said brother. It may be possible that multiple people could share some or even great deals of this will at the same time. But it's just stronger in some individuals kind of like the force. lol

Also, I feel like the morals of this series is to NEVER procreate! And if you do only have one child. Siblings have it fucking hard in this series. I felt this way since the whole Hyuuga branch family stuff.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I also find it funny they keep using brothers as the ones who pretty much kill each other but never do they mention a sister who does that. And I am guessing the name of that Kaguya is just a coincidence or else the Kaguya clan, the one who manipulated their bones is pretty much the oldest clan there is.

So Uchiha were emo faggots from the start.
    I'm pretty sure this kaguya is sort of based on Kaguyahime.
    -----------------

I've been expecting something like this, I just expected Jiraya to be involved somehow first. But yeah, to dump him straight to the sage of the six paths doesn't make much sense.

godammit, Kishimonto.
    now there is a new bunch of ghosts floating around? at least dumbeldore had the courtesty to wrap things up, and not just repeat fuck everything.

ANBU Captain
    Pretty much....

Anyways this development is seeming like its setting up for a battle with madara. Maybe sasuke is having a visit of his own

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    This suddenly got really interesting. It's usually pretty easy to "read" basic Hinduism (or other mythologies) into stories -- plot armor and conflict "turns" characters into gods, when viewed from outside the story. But it is kind of literal here. In Hinduism, the Asuras seek power, and the Suras/Devas (like Indra) have it.

I do think that the Sage is talking about literal reincarnation, in the sense of Hinduism. Naruto met the Sage because his body is nearly dead, and his chakra/soul has been released.

I hope the story doesn't turn into a long series of Asian religious cliches, though. I would be annoyed if Naruto and Sasuke did some lame ying-yang thing to beat Madara.

Also, I kind of have to assume that Madara is the reincarnation of Asura. So where does that leave Sasuke? His chakra is supposed to be darker than Madara's, even. So, on that basis, are we supposed to come to the conclusion that Sasuke is Asura? Did Indra and Asura finally come together against a common enemy?
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

It's extremely funny to me how you got confused mid post; ashura is reincarnated in naruto.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    It's extremely funny to me how you got confused mid post; ashura is reincarnated in naruto.
    You're right. My mistake. Still, I wonder what that means for the story. In "real" Hinduism, Indra is the good guy. Here, Indra is the "bad guy".

In real Hinduism, the Asuras are "wicked" power seekers. Here, Naruto is a power-seeker, in the way that the Sage describes.

There are parallels, and I hope they will be developed. But so far, it looks like name dropping with some potential.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Wed, 03-26-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Blog Entries
    Remember when Naruto was an allegory about how persistence and effort can overcome natural talent? Though i guess now he's somehow supposed to be both.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Remember when Naruto was an allegory about how persistence and effort can overcome natural talent? Though i guess now he's somehow supposed to be both.
    Well, even though he is the son of famous people, he doesn't really have that much natural talent. He has always utilised help from others, craftiness and persistence. Even if he had that ghost inside him (*snicker), things came pretty difficult to him.

Quote Originally Posted by viperwasp View Post
    Does anybody else have what Kishimoto was smoking!? Because I want some? I guess overall this chapter was not really that weird except I do find it strange how all of the sudden the Sage of Six Paths is speaking to Naruto? What triggered that? Why now? Why not when he first obtained his final bijuu cloak and made friends with all of the tailed beasts etc? Is it because he basically died?

Also most of this information was already known or heavily speculated on. But now we have proof. I'm guessing Madara or Sasuke are the reincarnation of the other brother. I don't know if Kishimoto is talking about literal reincarnations or his own ideals of reincarnation within the Naruto world. Might just be some form of decedent that carries the will power of said brother. It may be possible that multiple people could share some or even great deals of this will at the same time. But it's just stronger in some individuals kind of like the force. lol

Also, I feel like the morals of this series is to NEVER procreate! And if you do only have one child. Siblings have it fucking hard in this series. I felt this way since the whole Hyuuga branch family stuff.
    You would HATE Fist of the North Star.

I can't imagine how Kishimoto has continued writing Naruto as long as he has. He must have wanted to throw his hands up so many times and just stop writing it everytime he encounters someone like you, who over-analyzes everything and needs every single little detail explained, instead of just sitting back and enjoying the adventure. How frustrating it must be for an author to want to move a story along, but be unable to do so because he has to keep slowing it down to explain everything for those who lack imagination.

i mean, this is such bad writing I dont really know what to criticize anymore.

Just keep introducing new names instead of bringing open threads to an end, Kishimoto. The final battle will probably be against a yet-to-be-shown character, and it will feel totally dramatic and epic. not.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    i mean, this is such bad writing I dont really know what to criticize anymore.

Just keep introducing new names instead of bringing open threads to an end, Kishimoto. The final battle will probably be against a yet-to-be-shown character, and it will feel totally dramatic and epic. not.
    I will hate it if that happens! The final villain must be Madara, Sasuke or Oro. If it's anyone else without pulling a magnificent twist that yeah it will suck. Accually it can't even be Oro anyhow in my opinion or it would suck but oro is at least tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne View Post
    You would HATE Fist of the North Star.

I can't imagine how Kishimoto has continued writing Naruto as long as he has. He must have wanted to throw his hands up so many times and just stop writing it everytime he encounters someone like you, who over-analyzes everything and needs every single little detail explained, instead of just sitting back and enjoying the adventure. How frustrating it must be for an author to want to move a story along, but be unable to do so because he has to keep slowing it down to explain everything for those who lack imagination.
    Ummm? There is a difference between hating on a series and analyzing a series. It is true that I am always doing at least a little of both. But I am very much supportive of Naruto and it remains my favorite series even over One Piece which is the better series.

I just pointed out one question which is a good question why is Naruto now speaking with the Sage of the Six Paths. It's when people stop analyzing a series that there is an issue. Unless I am talking about Sasuke or the uchiha or the sharingan I am either being half hearted or just joking around if I am making any real fun or dissing the series. If you don't see some issues with the series than your not paying enough attention! Imagination has nothing to do with it. And hell yes Kishimoto, Oda, Kubo or any 10+ year ongoing series mangaka is going to get bored and tired of there series. And there is always going to be plot-holes and issues and not everyone can be pleased. So I am impressed and respect with even Kubo for being able to write Bleach this long even if I find that the series is absolutely horrible.

As long as the following things happen I will be fine!

A) Sasuke dies.
    B) Final Fight cannot be ended with Talk-No-Jutsu!

P.S I don't know what Fist of the North Star is but you might be right.

ANBU Captain
    Where is cal_kashi?
    I miss all his haiku posts
    They were fun to read