Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haikyuu!!

I dunno. I had to force myself to finish s2, but this first ep of s3 was a lot more fun to watch. I like how they´re taking their time setting up this big match that´s about to span the entire 10 episode-season. Makes it feel more like Kuroko, really focusing on one match.

Loved the scene where Hinata was told to do "that" and everybody´s like "OHHHHH!".

Definitely more hyped for s3 than I was for s2.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    HS - Episode 05 S3

-------------------------------

These episodes have been really good.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

HS - Episode 09

-----------------

CLIFFHANGER.. FUCK. (well, judging from the preview it's easy to see whether that hit went in or not)

Season 3 has been the tightest season yet. They better win after all of this.

HS - Episode 10

------------------

Oh yeah.

I'd forgotten that Kageyama is the real genius in this team after all the crazy shit they've been doing. Go on the trip I say, and bring back something valuable. Don't forego it for "training with the team".

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I wonder if we will really esacape the usual choice Kageyama will face : should I prioritize myself and test if I'm a real genius and can become a national volley teal setter, or should I vow loyalty to the team of friends that got me selected in the first place and needs me to compete in the nationals to come.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Oh, he'll contemplate about it. The team will get him to go. Hopefully he does actually go and we have some individual training arcs. He's stupid if he decides to stay. I do wonder how he'd grow as a setter though. He's already great, and he's mastered the idea of making the ball easy to hit. His serves are also on point. In fact, if they all work on serves it'd be an easy upgrade.

They could have him come back early to integrate with the team, but I think an even better approach is to have him review videos of the team's progress even when he's away (thanks to the hard working managers). That shows he cares about the team even when he's improving himself.

I still think he's weak with not so good balls he has to send to spikers other than Hinata.
    He could also organise the attack better when he's the one defending
    He has to be better at blocking and the follow-up too.
    Training with national level contenders, equipement and national level coaching staff will probably help him better all of his weaknesses, and strengthen his core qualities. And also broaden his ability to adapt to any spiker.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Season ?4 E3

------------------------------

The first 3 episodes were a bit of a drag, but we're finally talking about techniques and training to improve now. I get that they needed to show us how lacking Hinata was in insight, but that's enough now.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I enjoy these training episodes far more than any game. This could continue for another 3 episode and I wouldn't mind.
    As long as we see improvement and we get to experience that in action later.

S4E06

-------------------------------

It's a match!!

Let's see what uptight Kageyama ends up bringing to the team. They left it quite cryptic up until now. Something along the lines of the setter asking for things from the spiker/team rather than always the other way around.

Great comedic effect with the "Go Home" line in the snow.

My guess is Kageyama is too predictable, then easy to read. So the blockers will continue to own him... until he starts being unpredictable again.
    Probably comes from the fact his tossing choices are always striving for the optimal smash. The optimal smashes set is a lot smaller than the scoring smashes set. It also stripes smashers from showing how great they are, adapting to very hard to strike balls and growing in the process. His asumptions are probably too much on the safe side, not giving him and his team mates room for improvement and impredictability.

S4 - Episode 11

-----------------------------------

That was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Finally an episode where the entire team comes together, everyone puts in what they've learned to slam that ball down as hard as they can into that court. Best episode this season thus far.

Aside from the obviously flashy moves from the younger fellas, having the Karasuno Alumnis watch from the top and giving the 3rd years' "growth" was a clever idea. Those guys never had a lot of change in their technique per se but formed the bread and butter of regular volleyball that the "talents" get to fall back on.

No joke, I actually had red eyes here at the end of the episode seeing Karasuno finally make it big. I didn't expect that from this show.

It wasn't that emotional for me but I loved how Hinata kept tackling the ball instead of recieving it properly

It was his moment of truth, and the second time he did it I couldn't help but laugh and stop the video for a few seconds.

The latest episode's pacing felt a little off.

I don't really care about Nekoma much so I feel quite unsatisfied. I want to see Hinata beat the twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    The latest episode's pacing felt a little off.

I don't really care about Nekoma much so I feel quite unsatisfied. I want to see Hinata beat the twins.
    Agreed, particularly when it occurs right in the middle of another match

Same.

I didn't even watch it.

Episode 18

--------------------

Started with bloody Nekoma again.... but it ended up being actually pretty good. How hilarious was that guy's "Oh."

But now, finally back to our main team.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 10-31-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Episode 23

------------------------

The last couple of weeks feels a little like the match is dragging on. I'm not bored... I think. It's more that there's not anywhere near as much satisfaction or emotional drive going into each episode as some of the Haikyuu of old. There are still moments, but they are fleetingly here and there on a backdrop of an ongoing volleyball game as opposed to a particular theme being the driving point of the game.

For example, let's look at what we've learned this game:

-Silver twin was actually better than Blonde twin in the beginning, but Blonde is considered slightly better right now due to this hard and passion.

-Our libero can feel down at times as well, but he can recover.

-The match started off with showing Hinata being able to run into balls, then he finally receives one properly. There's no follow up from this though to show it's a game changer.

-Bald spiker doesn't just spike hard but can read people's blocks properly. Now we know he's good at line shots and cuts.

-Glasses still gets tired, but he's keen to work.

-Kageyama serves, sets and blocks well. In fact he's supposed to block even better than Glasses.

Anyway, the point is that episodes spent time to develop each and one of these strengths.. then the match seems to just reset to a point as if the development didn't happen. Plot points introduced made no meaningful difference aside from when they happened.

Episode 24

---------------------

Aaand they won! We all knew they would, but damn it's still nice to watch. It seems a little farfetched that Daichi managed to get a ball back by running right after Glasses AND get it up from such a low position but eh.

edit:

Holy shit, I had forgotten that this happened. It adds a whole extra meaning to that "Memories" scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMqC...youtu.be&t=116
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 12-12-2020 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post

Holy shit, I had forgotten that this happened. It adds a whole extra meaning to that "Memories" scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMqC...youtu.be&t=116
    You mean that last attack? Yup, that was awesome and it fit really well.
    Or what do you mean with "Memories"?