Thread: Fairy Tail S2 Ep. 03

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Fairy Tail S2 Ep. 03

[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail S2 - 03 - 480p | 720p | 1080p

---------------------------------------------

Well, that whole tactician thing came out of nowhere, just like how the "puzzle" was solved back on Tenroujima.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Doesn't bother me that she was suddenly a great tactician.

But it kinda feels like cheating honestly, having the 1st sitting outside giving them orders.

Especially since it doesn't exactly take much tactics to predict what enemies are gonna do when you can see them on the cameras.

Also, Lucy changed outfits. Does that mean this is a new arc?

Quote Originally Posted by DE
    Also, if Rufus' main attacks are Lightning, I would have thought the smart thing would have been to send Laxus up against him.
    The memory meteor thing was lightning based. I'm not sure if the others are (he performed a Memory Make on Grey once that turned the place volcanic). The meteor seemed more like a tracer missile that relied on "memorising" the target.

More importantly though, there's the green-haired guy from Saber who is also a strong lightning user.

I thought they were going to play as a whole team and wipe out other people as well - that would have been an interesting way of going about it.

I'm wondering if Mavis told them the plan right from the start and is just "dictating" to the spectators what she told them would happen. That would seem more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I thought they were going to play as a whole team and wipe out other people as well - that would have been an interesting way of going about it.
    Theoretically though, they could still lose that way even if nobody on their team got defeated.

Like if FT just sat there and waited for the enemy to come to them, Sabertooth could run around defeating enough enemies to rack up enough points that even taking out all of Sabertooth wouldn't allow FT to catch up in points.

I'm wondering if Mavis told them the plan right from the start and is just "dictating" to the spectators what she told them would happen. That would seem more fair.
    I doubt that's what's going on. I don't see any of the FT team with, like, a stopwatch or something. So how would they know exactly when to take action?

I might believe someone like Erza to keep track in her head, but Garjeel? No way.

Especially dodging Rufus' attack. How would her telling them the plan beforehand tell them the EXACT moment to dodge?

But then why does she say "Erza will make contact with an enemy by moving North West" for example, if she could see Jenny there? Something imprecise but predicting like that sounds like a pre-determined command. I'm not 100% sure, but it's kinda unclear for me which one it is.

Watched a bit more. She's definitely giving commands in real time. I agree.

And yeah, technically FT could lose by not being productive enough. It really depends on how the plan played out in their heads as to how many tired 5pt captains they can take out after waiting.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 04-19-2014 at 09:23 PM.

It's Fairy Tail. They wouldn't gang up on people, so remaining a team wouldn't have been an option.

What comes to Mavis, I thought it's quite natural. Looking at her, it's hard to imagine she would be a fighting powerhouse. It's more natural she used her brain. And cuteness.

Except that she's the one who created the 3 Great Fairy Tail Magics.. so she's a powerhouse in that sense.

Except that she's the one who created the 3 Great Fairy Tail Magics.. so she's a powerhouse in that sense.
    Strictly speaking creating new magic would take brains, not brawn. So, she would still be a master of intelligence, not a master of combat.