Thread: Fairy Tail S2 Episode Ep. 06- 08

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Fairy Tail S2 Episode Ep. 06- 08

[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail S2 - 06 - 480p | 720p | 1080p
    [HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail S2 - 07 - 480p | 720p | 1080p
    [HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail S2 - 08 - 480p | 720p | 1080p

---------------------------------

They sure went to great pains to make sure we got the battles ending in exactly the same time. I can understand that, but the changing was rather disengaging. Perhaps it wasn't so much the changing at all but that the battles weren't simply that interesting. For all the Garou Knights were worked up to be, FT overpowered them simply based on pure stats (Natsu, Mira, Lucy) or willpower (Lily - though if the theory is correct, Lily only won because he was by default stronger).

It's pretty BS that the Arcadios survived lava. His feet, if nothing else, should have been gone by now.

I can usually count on Erza, and her two opponents look to be interesting at the very least. I'm wary about setting my bar too high, but I'm still pretty optimistic for next week. This purple costume with awesome sideboob has to be my favourite of Erza's equips.

edit: never mind, forgot about the seduction armour. Actual battle-armour-wise, Black Wing and Lightning Empress are also my favourites.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 05-24-2014 at 07:19 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

While I was trying to fight against falling asleep watching this episode, I started to think why this underground battle felt so different compared to the manga where this whole incident felt so much better. Now that I checked the manga from my archive, the reason is very clear: Whilst the anime technically merely stretched all of these fights, it unfortunately resulted in a significant difference: In the manga, the Garou Knights were introduced just as forebodingly as here in the anime, with Arcadios's heavy warning, but while the FT team was momentarily surprised by the Garou Knights' magic, they recovered very quickly to show the executioners just who they are dealing with when they challenge Fairy Tail. In other words, in the original story there wasn't even meant to be much of a thrill or danger in this fight for the FT. This was clearly supposed to be one of those moment where the main characters' quality is concretely displayed by having them quickly beat supposedly dangerous opponents. The anime adaptation failed miserably by stretching this thing to boredom.

I hope the rest of the above ground tournament fights fare better. There ought to be jolly combat to be watched, if the anime director isn't handling it as stupidly as this.

Yeah, I know that what's going on in the dungeon is supposed to be, like, the REAL story, but the only fights I give a shit about are the ones at the tournament. I care more about FT winning that then I do about the Dragons Day and Zeref or whatever the fuck this arc is actually supposed to be about.

And yeah, Arcadios not dying is SUPER bullshit. He was clearly wading through the shit before the Clock got encased him, so there's no way he shouldn't have been a fucking charred skeleton.

Also, missed opportunity to give a thumbs up while sinking into the lava.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    This was clearly supposed to be one of those moment where the main characters' quality is concretely displayed by having them quickly beat supposedly dangerous opponents. The anime adaptation failed miserably by stretching this thing to boredom.
    Ah, so it was supposed to be one of those "Luffy one-shots a guy" moments, but they tried to turn it into a series of legitimate battles instead?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Ah, so it was supposed to be one of those "Luffy one-shots a guy" moments, but they tried to turn it into a series of legitimate battles instead?
    Yeah. Just think about how OP would have changed if Luffy had needed a full episode or more to beat Bellamy when he went to get the gold back.