Thread: Naruto to end publication on November 10

Blog Entries

Naruto to end publication on November 10

The official website of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump announced today on October 6 that Masashi Kishimoto's long-running ninja action manga Naruto will end its serialization for 15 years on the magazine's 50th issue to be published in Japan on November 10. It means that the manga only has five episodes left.

Naruto started its serialization on the magazine's 43th issue of 1999, and has published 70 tankobon volumes so far. The latest 71st volume is scheduled to be published in Japan on November 4. And its newest anime film adaptation, meaningfully titled The Last: Naruto the Movie, will be released on December 6.
    Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-more-episodes

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Wel, that's pretty fast actually. Thought it would have lasted longer. But then again, It's the final fight right now, plus probably the last one ending with Naruto being Hokage or perhaps both of them.

fucking finally.

final plot threads I hope to see resolved:

- Will Sasuke be forgiven/turned into a good guy/martyr in any way? (I fucking hope not)
    - Will Naruto become Hokage?
    - Sakura or Hinata?
    - Who are Sakura´s parents?
    - Chouji x Ino?
    - Anything regarding Orochimaru left?
    - Will we see the realm of the dead? We know it exists, lol

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    fucking finally.

- Will Sasuke be forgiven/turned into a good guy/martyr in any way? (I fucking hope not)
    - Sakura or Hinata?
    - Chouji x Ino?
    also will anyone who died in this battle will come back to life (i believe only neji died in the end?), lets hope that sasuke doesnt decide to bring them back with the rinnengan or some shit like that

and is the wood guy/teacher dead in the end? we never saw his corpse

ANBU Captain
    Need to see these things explained:
    -yamato closure
    -ninja sage tools...
    -techniques passed from the first

April 1st?

I mean Bleach is being dragged out 100x longer than this.

i wonder if they will do a next generation time skip with a new series

Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    i wonder if they will do a next generation time skip with a new series
    Kind of quick if it ends in just 5 more chapters? Now I am not disputing this source I think this is legit. I am just saying you need either a good 40 page final release or at least two full chapters dedicated for the ending or epilogue right? So that means about three chapters of fighting? That is very quick!

I don't think I remember even one single fight in Naruto that is 3 or less chapters not counting very small side fights etc. I am probably wrong and I only started the manga during the pain invasion arc but still. Even most of them where over 3 chapters. Personally I hope we get 1-2 or extended chapters with at least 30 pages if not more. I expected this fight with Naruto and Sasuke to be over 8 chapters minimum with just the fighting sequence.

I find that Anime/Manga are horrible for showing what happens later. You often only get one chapter to wrap things up and show minor things about the future. When I feel a manga that has gone on for 15 years need like 50 pages of content to show what happens to the characters we have all been following.
    Last edited by viperwasp; Mon, 10-06-2014 at 11:34 PM.

At least there are more DBZ movies being made now by Akira Toriyama.

Yes, mentioning Dragonball was a fitting way to bring up the 3000th post.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    fucking finally.

- Sakura or Hinata?
    - Chouji x Ino?
    1) He will
    2) Yes, he`ll be the sixth Hokage
    3) Hinata x100 times
    4) See number five
    5) No, Shikamaru will end up with most of the chicks. Chouji will fall into depression and will become so obese he can`t do ninja things, then he`ll go evil and use those pills to turn all his fat into chakra and will become the 18th person to reach chakra level comparable to that of the sage of the sixth path (Trademark). This will set the stage for Sakura`s parent to intervene and defeat the evil Chouji along with chibi Guy and Zabuza`s ghost (who is looking for redemption) in a series we`ll refer to as Naruto GT.
    6) Becomes a good guy, will lead Sakura`s parents like Zordon leads the Power Rangers.
    7) That will be seen in Naruto GT: the movie.
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Tue, 10-21-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I guess Naruto's run is finally over. That is just fantastic news. I can only think of one other series in recent memory that has been so bad and so popular and so bad and so popular for so long, that series being Inuyasha. Anyway I have not read Naruto in well over a year and I just want to know if there is anything in the last 70 or so chapters that is even worth reading or if it is just more of the same old drivel. For the last month or so I've been trying to muster up enough motivation I guess, to try to finish this series off because I've been reading it since 2005 but honestly I just can't be bothered.

So I just want to know 2 things. Is there anything I would find worthwhile? No nostalgia, no sentimental nonsense, because I could not care less at this point, just a conclusive ending. Secondly does Tsunade die a horrible horrible horrible death?
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    If you are itching to find out how it ends or to see what was resolved, read the last two chapters. If you care how we got there, read from where you left off. If neither of these is true, let stand your peace and move on. Nothing extraordinarily good happened. To answer you second question, tsunade lives and lives well.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Blog Entries
    Bitching and complaining have become second nature around here but i believe that, all things considered, Kishimoto did a decent job in wrapping things up.

Thanks UB. I just read the last 2 chapters and Naruto will not be missed. I thought for sure that the token female hokage in Naruto was going to be a throwaway.

The ending was unremarkable.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!