Thread: Limit internet speed.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar

Limit internet speed.

Let`s say I have a 10 mbps speed at my place, and there are two computers, is it possible to spread the speed and "limit" it to 5 each?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    It is possible. You can try to do it at the router level (using a router that supports it), or doing it at the software level (installing software onto each computer). The method mainly comes down to whether you want to buy a new router, and whether you have consent from the other party.

An example of a router that supports this is the TP Link TL-WR941ND.

Software-wise, Netbalancer Free Edition (aka Unregistered edition) supports global bandwidth limiting. I'm not sure if it supports "password locking" to stop your other party from tampering with the settings.

Note that with Netbalancer, it will limit all traffic coming in/out of the computers including LAN traffic. If you share files between the computers, that traffic would also be limited to 5mbps.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~