Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naurto 699 & 700

I started reading the manga when a friend of mine kept spoiling it for me when I tried to stick with the anime. Will definitely be weird not to have Naruto to look forward to every week.

As for these chapters, if I'm honest they were totally crap. Really rushed, zero character development from the point of the fight. Sakura going with Sasuke was a wtf moment, given the mortal abuse she has received from him over the years. It was good to see Naruto looking and talking in a mature way, though why he persists in wearing crap baggy tops is beyond me. Totally ruins the Hokage shroud he wears.

Huge injustice done to Kakashi as Hokage. They might as well have not made him the 6th, especially as it seems the old Gokage don't consider him high enough to join their ex-Kage crew. An unexplained hole left as to why he is covering up his left eye again in 699 then uncovering it in 700.

Sasuke getting a Hashirama cell graft? Won't that just combine with his Uchiha bloodline and make him the next SotSP? I mean Naruto got it too, but he would just have it considered as an upgrade on his already strong Uzumaki/Senju bloodline specific physical prowess.

Mystery left about Madara's body. Did Konoha destroy his eyes? Did they keep them locked up in the village vault for future emergency use? Why not give one to Naruto and make him on par with Sasuke and his Hashirama cell graft?

Clear potential for organic merging of the Uchiha and Senju bloodlines in the future as Salad seems to already be stalking Baruto. Creepiness must be genetic. Plus the Byakugan, even if it doesn't show in Baruto, will probably be dormant and combine with the Sharingan at some point.

No closure for one of the greatest figures of the series, Orochimaru, or Kabuto for that matter.

The village system remains, so no closure on how rivalry has been resolved. Particularly important since the new Tsuchikage and Mizukage seem to be a bit too full of themselves.

Shikidai seems to be the sanest out of the next gen.

No idea why Udon and Moegi showed up, though Konohamaru seems decent.

Lee seems cool, no idea why Gai hasn't recovered given Naruto's SotSP powers AND Tsunade's medical ninjutsu.

Why the flip is TenTen reminiscing about war... surely one not suited to Naruto's new world?

Sasuke still looks mentally unstable... even Madara looked more friendly when he used to hang around Konoha.

All of this could have been resolved in a couple of more chapters, but for some reason it has been rushed to the end. Maybe commercial pressure due to the upcoming movie and to create demand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    All of this could have been resolved in a couple of more chapters, but for some reason it has been rushed to the end. Maybe commercial pressure due to the upcoming movie and to create demand for it.
    Good points! Does this mean that the next movie might be Canon? Is it written by Kishimoto? If not I don't consider it canon and no one could interest me enough to go see it. I don't really follow the Naruto movies but so far none of them looked even remotely canon? So I am wondering if this will be the same. Now I know the movie contains the future character designs based on the final chapter of Naruto. So in the very least Kishimoto leaked that information. Unless the movie designed the characters and Kishimoto copied the looks! That would be horrible. But even if Kishimoto said this is how all the characters are going to look etc. And gave minor details of what the movie should be about. To me it's not canon unless Kishimoto had a strong influence on the story, plot and even the combat in the movie. Basically I don't want to feel like I am watching an anime filler!

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    The characters in the movie look to be younger than those in chapter 700, and they're wearing different outfits. Kishimoto mentioned somewhere that he was making this movie to deal with the issue of love, which he hasn't really touched on in the manga or anime. So its looking to be an interquel, if that's a word.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Quote Originally Posted by Kensee View Post
    P.S. See you ALL in the Naruto:Last movie disscussion and One-Piece forums
    Don't forget all the one-shots and gaidens scheduled for next year.

And yes, Naruto: The Last is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    Don't forget all the one-shots and gaidens scheduled for next year.

And yes, Naruto: The Last is canon.
    Thanks RockmanJ and there is a one Piece forum on this website? Where is that? I tried to look before and did not find it. But I will admit I don't use forums a lot. I will look for it. I'm not interested in Anime forum just manga because I will spoil stuff by accident in anime forum.

EDIT
    Wow that a derp of me. It was so easy to find the One Piece Manga. I swear I checked about a year and half ago. And had trouble finding it.
    Last edited by viperwasp; Fri, 11-07-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Hard to believe it's over, but considering the fact that the last war was just a huge pile of BS maybe it's for the best.

TBH I expected another time skip. Also, just for shit and giggles, some old predictions of mine:

tailed beasts going good

Shame the last one didn't happen

Okay, that one was pretty obvious

Also, I remember how we would argue about Itachi being secretly good and all the infamous Tobi = Obito threads.

Was fun, ty men.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I remember a guy that kept arguing against obito all the way to his actual reveal as if it were his mission in life.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Lol that sounds like me... I kept saying it was Uchiha Izuna

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    Lol that sounds like me... I kept saying it was Uchiha Izuna
    Nop, some guy with a suigetsu avatar that kept disregarding any and each argument for Obito, he didn`t want him to be Izuna, he wanted him NOT to be Obito, he argued it until the bitter end them promptly disappeared in the shadows... like a ninja.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

ANBU Captain
    Great discussions over the years fellas. I honestly wish it went a couple different ways as well but keeping it short and sweet, it was a great ride.

What's the deal with the yamato panel???

It looks like he was initially absorbed into the tree, and now that the moon's eye was dispelled, he was, um...regurgitated and reformed? Whatever. It makes sense that everyone else was released because they had a still intact and functioning body, but Yamato was broken down and sucked up.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Seriously though, who fucked Lee?

How come Bolt doesn`t has the Byakugan?
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Sun, 11-09-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Probably just another look-a-like who can't do any ninjutsu or genjutsu either. Or Tenten.

Seeing at both Bolt and Himawari don't have the dead purple irises, they probably aren't born with the Byakugan since everyone born with those eyes can use Byakugan from birth.

Nop, some guy with a suigetsu avatar that kept disregarding any and each argument for Obito, he didn`t want him to be Izuna, he wanted him NOT to be Obito, he argued it until the bitter end them promptly disappeared in the shadows... like a ninja.
    Sounds like me. Although the hints and everything was there, I refused to believe that Kishimoto would drop huge, obvious hints about what was to come.

Anyway, it's been a good ride, guys. Although this entire fourth shinobi war arc was questionable, this series will have a place during my childhood and teen years. Can't wait for the sequels or next work Kishimoto comes out with!

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Tbh I really kinda wanted to know what happened with Oro and Kabutoro.
    Oro fullfilled his own dream and opened a daycare/orphange. He and Kabuto run it together with the help of their snakes.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Asexual Reproduction no Jutsu. Since Lee is still big, and the kid is small, I'm thinking budding.

- Inquisitor Czevak

So did Naruto step down as Hokage in the end? Kiba mentioned that the Seventh stepped down on his own. Or was that just a bad translation?

Quote Originally Posted by iMUSTbeTHEdevil View Post
    So did Naruto step down as Hokage in the end? Kiba mentioned that the Seventh stepped down on his own. Or was that just a bad translation?
    Nah, the seventh was Kakashi. Naruto is the eighth.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Who was the sixth then...?

Yea I thought Kakashi was the sixth and Naruto was the seventh.

When Bolt was drawing on the Hokage faces it looked like Kakashi was after Tsundae. That makes Naruto the Seventh. So what the hell?