Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naurto 699 & 700

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

Naurto 699 & 700

Naruto 699
    Naruto 700

Despite what I think of the story overall, I found myself refreshing the the internet every hour or so since yesterday waiting for these two chapters. It's been years since I last did that. As far as the chapters are concerned, the only things that really got resolved were the pairings we've been speculating on all this time. Which is fine, because somehow its the only thing left I cared about. Naruto and Hinata's daughter is just too damned cute with those whiskers . Looks like the nine-tails corruption is genetically transmittable. I'll go ahead and try to ignore the numerous murder attempts Sasuke made on team 7, and Sakura in particular. I'd be rather surprised if there's no domestic violence happening in their household...

I didn't realize that Anko wasn't dead. She put on weight, but for what its worth, her rack is even better. With this, I say farewell to the story that for better or worse held me hostage for much of the past 14 years. It was even responsible for me joining my first forum (this one) in search for discussion about it. For that, the good times in the early days, and making Naruhina canon, it has my thanks.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Uchiha Barles a very fitting message. I have not been following Naruto for nearly as long. I agree with the same points that you do. I don't really have to many things that upset me? I wish it could have been a little longer in the end but it was still nice. I like that both chapters where released. I think we are getting them early even before Japan or something right? Because it's supposed to be NOV.10?

I need time to fully think on these two last chapters. But at least I am happy now. Is there any word on a follow up series or anything? I would like to not see a follow up series but if anyone hears anything one way or another please share. I heard a rumor.

I dunno. At the end of chapter 700, something is said about "volume 72 on sale in feb. Then, next spring...!!!" So, I'm imagining another Kishimoto project in the spring. Whether that has anything at all to do with Naruto, I couldn't tell you. I don't know why, but I'd give a follow up series another shot. It would be just that though, it would get a shot, not loyalty.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

the hosting site was terrible, I had to reload it again and again.

I'll have more thoughts on the story later.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    I dunno. At the end of chapter 700, something is said about "volume 72 on sale in feb. Then, next spring...!!!" So, I'm imagining another Kishimoto project in the spring. Whether that has anything at all to do with Naruto, I couldn't tell you. I don't know why, but I'd give a follow up series another shot. It would be just that though, it would get a shot, not loyalty.
    well... the movie should be a follow up to the series too right?

Fitting ending. 699 was true to the later series. Lots of panels, 100 words, and 0 sense/meaning. But 700... I love it, gives almost all the answers I was hoping for, was funny, nostalgic and really took me back to the old days of the series begining and to the "freshness" it destiled.
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Edort4 View Post
    Fitting ending. 699 was true to the later series. Lots of panels, 100 words, and 0 sense/meaning. But 700... I love it, gives almost all the answers I was hoping for, was funny, nostalgic and really took me back to the old days of the series begining and to the "freshness" it destiled.
    Shit translation, check out the MangaStream version, unless you mean Sasuke's thinking itself, in which case...

- Inquisitor Czevak

It's done finally, at least the proper hookups happened and the kids are cute, but yeah everything ended up exactly as I predicted it months ago and is just disappointing.
    -----------------

I really liked the OP shout out too. I think that was a pretty good ending.

Also, this made me LOL for like a good 5 minutes:

WFL.JPG

WHO FUCKED LEE???
    Last edited by rockmanj; Thu, 11-06-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Tbh I really kinda wanted to know what happened with Oro and Kabutoro.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Chouji got lucky huh?

so did naruto get married with hinata and have 2 kids?

I have not a lot to add after reading the finale. The damage had been done a long time ago. At least we´re now finally free to move on. Unless Kishimoto has the nerve to continue the series with the kids. Which would suck.

The last chapter, however, made me hate how wrong the focus of this manga has been. NOW I´d love to see Naruto and all the others. NOW they´re fine ninjas. NOW they´re at an age where they should be most capable. Seeing this super composed, classy Gaara just made my inner fanboy squeal in happiness. What I´d give to see that guy fight. Same with Naruto, who´s now a true Hokage.

he pairings are mostly fine, except for Sasuke X Sakura. DAT battered housewife syndrome. Just wow. He treated her like shit over the course of the entire series, and it´s supposed to be a happy end that they end up together? Fucking bullshit. I´m happy that Naruto got the best pussy, but Sakura shouldn´t have become Sasuke´s plaything. Sai, Chouji, fuck, even Kakashi would have been better options. The message that this coupling sends to the readers is just problematic.

Looking back, Naruto had the potential of a whole world, but it self-destructed soon after the timeskip. For all the weekly bitching on my side, the reason is and has always been that I loved the part 1-story so much, so very deeply. I loved this manga and anime more than any other series. It didn´t turn out to be what it should have been. But at least it did end. Let it rest peacefully now, Kishimoto. You can be proud of having finished a 15 year-ongoing story. That´s praiseworthy no matter the actual content. Without any sarcasm, I applaud you.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Well that was a fun trip. However where was Yamamoto in all this? Also Tsunade looked younger than before, shouldnt she be way older than everyone else? It would have been nicer to see a little more of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by yapchagi View Post
    so did naruto get married with hinata and have 2 kids?
    Yes, that is what happened.

So, I've been a viewing member of this forum for quite a while, but haven't really posted anything for years, but figured this will probably be one of the last times I am on this forum at all, so just wanted to say that it was a pleasure reading all your funny rants and discussions on this manga. Can't believe it's been 15years since i've been reading this...feel like its a big milestone in my life. Almost feel like this may mark the end of my childhood, as its one of the only things i've really held onto from that time period in my life. And I will say that probably says a lot about this manga. No matter how much you want to criticize the storyline in the later stages of the manga (and i wouldn't disagree), I have to say that Naruto gave me a lot of great memories, and will be remembered as one of the best parts of my childhood. So thanks, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    Well that was a fun trip. However where was Yamamoto in all this? Also Tsunade looked younger than before, shouldnt she be way older than everyone else? It would have been nicer to see a little more of everything.
    Same reason she's always looked like that, she's using her chakra to make her look younger.
    Also, lol Ino got stuck with the Sasuke look-alike.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I don't know if this is true or not, but one thing that did make me laugh, it seems as if the girls in the series did all the pursuing, which in life and most manga/anime, that's normally the dude's role. It's almost as if the guys just one day realized that they get boners, turned around and impregnated the closest female, which happens to be ones pursuing their respective crushes. Not sure who the closest female to Rock Lee was though. Maybe he's more like Guy and that's not actually his kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Also, lol Ino got stuck with the Sasuke look-alike.
    Pretty sure she's alright with that now that he's covered his fucking midriff.

- Inquisitor Czevak

OK, well, many things I want to say that have already been said here, but first I want to say it's been a fun ride, especially because I've been reading this forum for years long before I ever posted, and it's going to be strange not coming here every week to at least see what everyone's saying. So thanks to all of you, as my Naruto experience wouldn't have been as fulfilling had I not found this place.

Now on to the comments... the whole ending was rushed, but the last chapter was pretty much what I expected it to be. Though I don't understand how that city in the last few panels got there in that amount of time. I wonder what blue eyed byakugan looks like. Good thing Sakura is a great healer, that's all I'm going to say, though having their kid look sort of like Karin was kind of cruel on Kishimoto's part. Poor Guy's probably been damn near paraplegic this whole time. I also have to mention the names. Bolt? Wasn't that a bad Disney movie? Short for Baruto, I know... Salad? That sounds like a Dragonball name if I ever heard one. Though maybe there's some reference/inside joke I'm missing there. I really did like the way they put Iruka in there, took me all the way back to the beginning.

Now I guess we'll see if the stories they come out with next year are any good, though I think they will be light novels.

Naruto was the first manga I EVER picked up and started reading. I remember loosing my mind when Naruto did his 1000 shadow clones for the first time, when Lee opened up the gates for the first time against Gaara, and many other countless fights and battles that thrilled me and kept me coming back for years.

It will be weird not to see a new Naruto chapter next week, but I'm satisfied with the ending. (Heck, all I wanted was Hinita and Naruto to get together and for Naruto to be Hokage ... both happened)! Everything else was icing on a very big cake of stories and nostalgia.

Thank you, Kishimoto, for Naruto. Go on to your new stories and we'll do the same.

See you space ninja.

edit: I forgot grammar

P.S. See you ALL in the Naruto:Last movie disscussion and One-Piece forums