Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Episode 2

- - -- - - -

This could afford to pick up the pace somewhat. Maybe it will from now on.

Not a fan of all the fan-service. The overlapping with S1 was, again, the best part of the episode. I hope they start focusing on that instead of "how can I cheer up my idiol?!"

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Soo... Wallenstein's @

D555 - STR
    D547 - VIT
    A825 - DEX
    A822 - AGI
    A899 - Magic (woot, magic super high)

Bell is said to be @ "all S rank", which means he's way higher in terms of stats than Ais already.

How do these Ranking systems in games normally work.
    It's F E D C B A - S -SS -SSS?

Are there variations that go lower/higher? Like going down to G or H... or higher to Alpha/Beta etc.? It's obviouly just "game stuff" where game designers wanted to have a wider ranking system-range or something. But I wonder what types of rankings J-RPGs normally use. All I know/have seen is the typical F to A to S to SSS from MGS/DMC etc.

So, this means, Bell's stats are either S900+ or S100 or something, depending on whether the letters before the stats reset the counter or not. I really need to take a look @ the early Danmachi episodes to compare it, I love that kind of stuff.

edit: Wow... in Episode 1, Bell started with I-90 and H-150 etc.... that means he eclipsed all of the other adventures in mere days. I know, he has this special trait/skill, but that's some serious development, he's already stronger than the strongest.

I guess this means the letters don't reset the stat counter,
    I-0/100
    H-101/200
    G-201/300
    F-301/400
    E-401/500
    D-501/600
    C-601/700
    B-701/800
    A-801/900

S-901/1000

I would be freaking mad at him after that Minotaur scene... I wouldn't be pumped to train (like Ais and the Cat Guy etc), I'd be calling him a cheater :O. They were showing way to little interest in him aftewards imho.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 04-23-2017 at 06:33 AM.

You can't directly compare Bell to Aiz yet because of the vast level difference. Those stats seem to be somehow tied to the level. I don't remember that well anymore. Maybe the adventurers level up when the stats hit 1000? Then the stats reset and begin a new climb up. If Aiz is level 5 and Bell is lvl 1/2, it's like heaven and earth, regardless of the stats numbers.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    You know, judging from this screenshot, it really suggests the stats reset on levelling up.

Also, Aiz is second to Hestia for showing her back, but don't mind me. I like her back.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I guess that makes sense, which means they are really suprised about how fast he managed to level up his stats and thus gain a new level.
    Once they reach the 900+ range, the character is eligible for a level up or something.
    Which means it's not like they try to catch up to him, but instead just stay ahead of him.

That would explain their behaviour a whole lote better. Especially Cat Guy's and Ais'.

Aiz is envious of Bell's vigor and levelling speed, sure, but it's more because she herself lost that super drive than being worried about Bell catching up. I dare say Aiz would love to go on an expedition with Bell, if only Bell was strong enough.

The wolf dude, sure, if that's who you are referring to. It would be a nightmare for him if Bell caught up.

Oh that dude is a doggie? I always thought he had Cat ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Aiz is envious of Bell's vigor and levelling speed, sure, but it's more because she herself lost that super drive than being worried about Bell catching up.
    According to this episode she's always been diving head first to gain xp. Bell levelling up so quickly is due to his drive, but that's his unique ability. Fighting monsters without drive should get you levelling up for another person as long as you farm the numbers.

The conversations amongst the lvl6 suggest that reaching a plateau is the norm, and to break the lvl6 barrier after plateauing you'll have to perform a great feat. Aiz did that back in episode 7 or something in the Bell-version.

edit: Oh and as for Bete, I always thought he was a dog because he's a guy, and he barks so fucking much.

Episode 3

- - - - - - -

I was mistaken: This isn't Sword Oratoria, this is Useless Elf Oratoria.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Exactly my thougts.
    2 eps of that was already slow.
    Seems we will get some kind of plot next...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

So Concurrent Chant is a mega huge deal. They told us that already when elf-maid danced in front of the giant last season while changing a wind barrage spell, but what we're now told for certain is that most people can't even move while chanting.

That alone should put elf-maid in the level 5 tier I reckon.

It seems to be highly useful, but I reckon it's not tied to the level, perhaps only intelligence, experience, and hard training. It's pretty weird how such a thing isn't more common, but then again, most adventurers don't try to descent to the deeper, more challenging floors and can get away with less. It alone certainly woudn't give Lefiya a power boost, though, as her uselessness makes her only level 1 equal, no matter how great her theoretical power or the unique skill.

Lefiya is the worst anime-character in a long time. On top of that, the way she cast that spell was so ridiculously over the top, it felt like a parody, as if I were watching Rikka.

Canīt say I like this anime so far. Itīs a lesbian romance-show at the moment more than anything else. Sucks, because experiencing the season 1 story from a different point of view could have been really interesting.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Episode 4

- - - - - - - -

Finally the shit is starting to creep so near the fan that the useless elf can't anymore ruin the atmosphere, although you can't blame her for a lack of trying. Loki is a funny goddess, so it's nice she's getting so much time in this spinoff.

The boss hobbit knows his troops well, clearly, when he laconically stated that none of the ladies would be capable of seducing men. At least one of them was able to seduce a boy, even if she didn't realise it herself.
    Last edited by Kraco; Sat, 05-06-2017 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Stupid typo

Maybe the worst episode, yet. This anime is fan-service driven, it makes me wanna vomit. Half the episode was boob-jokes about the big-boobed sister and men being pervy useless idiots. Then another female character got introduced and we get more of the same monsters. *yawn*

Incredible how itīs even possible to go from the interesting first season to this super crap 2nd season. Fuck this anime, fuck the makers.

This isn't a second season. I think I've said it before. This is a spinoff. Of course it's going to be different.

The main show was also full of stupid stuff. Maybe you don't just remember it anymore or you personally didn't mind.

The first "season" was just as much fanservice...

The main series mainly showed the progression of an adventurer. This spin-off mostly shows lesbian romance, boobs and cheaply thought out scenarious leading to, again, lesbian romance and boobs.

Must've watched a different episode then or something, because this one was far more interesting than any of of the main series.
    I expected some heavy fanservice and no story development after your comment (hot spring episode or something, especially after they mentioned spending the night at the Inn), but that wasn't the case either.