Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    TQuite an interesting obsession to build a secondary dungeon next to the real one, nonetheless. You could view it as a safe way straight to the 18th level, if freed from the hands of that crazy family. It would be convenient for folks wanting to explore the deeper levels, assuming it has straight passages. No need to cut their way through small fries every time. Plus even those barely able to reach the 18th level could then return using the parallel dungeon, safely, without needing to fight their way back up all tired and devoid of supplies. I bet the prices in that dungeon town would also be more reasonable when goods could be transported there safely.
    Yeah, but let's be real, what it's going to be used for after they beat these guys is an underground railroad for the Xenos to escape to the surface.

Episode 7

- - -

This was such a stupid episode that I had to skip parts of it. I couldn't bear watching it. Bell has suddenly forgotten how to fight at all. It's hard to imagine that's the same guy who defeated the minotaur back then. He doesn't use the firebolt anymore for plot convenience's sake. The most annoying fight related thing in anime ever was also splendidly present: Standing still and just staring when things are happening, instead of trying to do something about it. Yeah, this was the first episode in all the Danchimachi series so far that was so bad I had to grab the slider to jump ahead, to be able to finish it at all.
    Last edited by Kraco; Mon, 11-16-2020 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Missing negative.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    oops double.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 11-15-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Episode 7

- - -

This was such a stupid episode that I had to skip parts of it. I could bear watching it. Bell has suddenly forgotten how to fight at all. It's hard to imagine that's the same guy who defeated the minotaur back then. He doesn't use the firebolt anymore for plot convenience's sake. The most annoying fight related thing in anime ever was also splendidly present: Standing still and just staring when things are happening, instead of trying to do something about it. Yeah, this was the first episode in all the Dachimachi series so far that was so bad I had to grab the slider to jump ahead, to be able to finish it at all.

Yet the ending of that episode was probably the most interesting so far and totally saved that whole thing.

The only annoying part I really want to criticise is that annoying "I just stand up every time you beat me until my love reaches your heart"-cliche.

Here I am, totally hoping that the Foxgirl will boost his level by 2 (alongside a hidden-level up from himself or something) with her ability and he starts fighting the Loki Familia.
    I don't even remember his level.
    Was he lvl 3? And he is facing mostly lvl 5 and 2 lvl6?

If that happens, I'm just glad that there are enough episodes left to show a fight like that properly - post battle stuff included.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 11-15-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Yet the ending of that episode was probably the most interesting so far and totally saved that whole thing.

The only annoying part I really want to criticise is that annoying "I just stand up every time you beat me until my love reaches your heart"-cliche.

Here I am, totally hoping that the Foxgirl will boost his level by 2 (alongside a hidden-level up from himself or something) with her ability and he starts fighting the Loki Familia.
    I don't even remember his level.
    Was he lvl 3? And he is facing mostly lvl 5 and 2 lvl6?

If that happens, I'm just glad that there are enough episodes left to show a fight like that properly - post battle stuff included.
    I can't say I'd have understood the ending. The moment Wiene got pinned on the wall, I assumed Bell would immediately try to return the precious jewel the crazy dude ripped off from her forehead. But no, Bell did nothing. Of course there's a chance you can't just slap the thing back, but it's the most obvious thing to try, right? The madman even threatened to destroy it, supposedly spelling Wiene's doom, and it got Bell beside himself. So, there's some worth in that jewel, at least. Unless the part I skipped explained why it can't simply be returned, in which case I could blame only myself.

"This weapon is cursed! You can't use heal spells or potions to heal it's wounds!"

"I'm gonna heal you with a spell. It works like an elixer!"

*wounds heal*

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    "This weapon is cursed! You can't use heal spells or potions to heal it's wounds!"

"I'm gonna heal you with a spell. It works like an elixer!"

*wounds heal*
    Well, the weapon is broken, so I just figured the curse is lifted tbh.

Ah, good point.

Episode 8

Ugh... I was kinda expecting more. I guess the scenes between Miniminotaur and Ais were okay-ish but not really that good either and the rest was really a letdown.
    It's so boring when MC is just there doing nothing never getting shit done.
    Last edited by Kraco; Tue, 12-01-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Yeah, and we almost had some actual consequences...for about 30 seconds.

The minotaur is also a bit disappointing. He's a badass, but he doesn't talk, so he's got no real personality. Can't tell if he's an asshole, like Gros, or cool like Lyd.

Now that the hunter guild has been wiped out, the Xenos should live in Daedelus' labyrinth. Gives them access to the dungeon, but is hidden from both the adventurers and feral monsters. And the heroes can visit them without entering the dungeon.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Minotaur had no one to talk to.

He rescued sexy flying girl, beat up the antagonist of this first half, then fought some higher level dudes. All of the other established monsters could be considered to be having internal monologues since talking monsters are supposed to be a hidden thing still.

I think we'll get Minotaur talking once he's not on the surface.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 9

- -- - - -

Yeah... The hobbit really sees through everything with a magic eye. Hopefully Hermes is ready to turn things 360 degrees to fool Finn. But perhaps not, if we are supposed to get a goofy Bell vs Ais fight. Who knows, which is a good thing. The last two eps were decent once again, unlike ep 7. The minotaur fight was pretty disappointing, though it would have been too weird if Ais had been powerless against it. In the end the bull man was facing a whole bunch of high level adventurers alone, so it was doomed.

I found it interesting how judgemental Hermes appeared when talking about the Loki familia. It almost felt like he said that so that Bell would act one way, to fullfil his role in the grand plan. Maybe I'm overestimating the plot, maybe not.

Episode 10

- - - - -

The whole plan seems kind of meaningless. The guarded points aren't that far apart from each other, and the Loki familia alone has plenty of those jumping from rooftop to rooftop people. The sentient monsters are too weak to deal with them, at least quickly, so more people would gather. Alone, all that screaming and explosions would lead to more and more alert adventurers, who, even if not capable of stopping the monsters, would at least delay them. They seemed to be easily delayed.

I wish it had been a more refined strategy. Considering the people involved and the nature of the city, there should have been an easy enough way to keep the monsters in a few secure locations without a clear danger of getting found out any time soon, yet with an easy enough access for those involved. Then this whole night of action could have been nothing but one big feint with actually nothing happening, no monsters moving at all. If things had been totally silent after that, even the Loki familia wouldn't have known what's going on. It's not like they could keep guarding blocks of the city forever either. A week later the monsters could have been shipped to one of the entry points using covered carts, early in the morning when other carts are rolling around anyway, shipping food, firewood, and all that stuff for the needs of a big city.

Episode 11

- - - - - -

Seems like Hermes made a couple of enemies more for himself. Quite nice backstabbing, though. I didn't see it coming. I'm not sure how this fits with Hermes's mythology, but perhaps he thinks he knows more than the others.

Bell and Ais's fight wasn't bad, though of course Ais didn't take it seriously and Bell would never want to hurt Ais. It was just more practice for Bell, basically.

Hermes backstabbing was unexpected. This seems to be more his personal agenda and he just helped out Ouranos to get inside information.

Unknown factors now are why Black Minotaur didn't escape with everyone else, and Ottar's task from Freya.

Aww it sucks that Hermes is a badguy...I liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Hermes backstabbing was unexpected.
    Surprising that a character with such a stereotypically villainous look isn't a subversion?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Aww it sucks that Hermes is a badguy...I liked him.

Surprising that a character with such a stereotypically villainous look isn't a subversion?
    He has a chilled playboy look. I wouldn't say he has a villainous look.

He has the stereotypical anime "sadistic trickster" look.

Characters like Hazama from BlazBlue or Gin from Bleach(who is a subversion, but you're SUPPOSED to think he's a villain) have the same look. There's plenty of others. It's very common with characters who like cutting people up.

Edit: Actually, no, he doesn't quite have that face, as he at least keeps his eyes open.

His looks, in my opinion, match pretty well of what he's supposed to be the god of. Not historically, obviously, but just from what I'd, stereotypically, expect from the protector of heralds, travellers, thieves, merchants, and orators. His looks have much of the wanderer/travelling peddler, bard, thief, and such style.

That's his clothes though. I'm just talking about his faaaaace.