Thread: LNs on Amazon: Kindle-Editions

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar

LNs on Amazon: Kindle-Editions

Hi there,

I've got a few questions about the Kindle editions of LNs on Amazon and I wonder if anyone of you does this or knows something about it in general.
    Like, am I correct to assume that I'll be able to read them on my PC/Tablet/Handy if I install the Kindle-App on the device?
    I'm asking this because I'm about to buy the LNs of the "pick up girls in a dungeon" series which airs this season and instead of 13€ I'd pay only 3€ for the "digital" version. I'm kinda used to reading stuff on PC anyway so it wouldn't bother me and I expect it to be as if I'm on "Baka-Tsuki" (for example). The preview of the second volume confirms this.

I wonder however whether all the volumes will get an "eBook" edition like that. Will it depend on Amazon or the Publisher to release them as an eBook, because after browsing a bit more it seems like other - more known - LNs like SAO didn't get an eBook release.

What are the pros and cons other than "I can't put it into my shelf". Will I miss certain goodies? Will I be able to extract the illustrations (or even the text file) onto my PC to review them or use them as a background etc?

I have to admit: It wouldn't hurt me to just try it out, 3€ is really cheap but to see the difference I'd have to buy the book too, which is pretty expensive for a ~2-3h read.

Not really sure as it's been a while for me.

But some things to get.

Kindle App on your PC to download the eBooks to your PC.

Calibre and Calibre plugins to remove DRM, and then convert them to the format you prefer.

I think you're good with the Kindle App by itself, but keep in mind those other tools to give you a bit more flexibility.

There's usually free eBooks on Amazon, buy some of those to test the process out to see how it works.