Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Super

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    So did Goku manage to negate the effect from Kaioken in SSB? Because last time I checked his entire ki control was out of whack because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    So did Goku manage to negate the effect from Kaioken in SSB? Because last time I checked his entire ki control was out of whack because of it.
    depends on the level of kaioken he uses... remember he is able to use different multipliers for kaioken...

It makes sense to have this battle royal, because it always irked me why we´d have ths prelim-tournament for 10 episodes, then have, what another 50 episodes of tournament battles? Not that I like it, I think the battle royal is bullshit. Especially the "no killing"-rule. REALLY? Suddenly Zeno gives a shit about people dying?

Why reminds me: So Bergamo took a full-strength kamehameha from kaikoen-god-goku. And it just exhausted him. Either Bergamo is at least as strong as Vegeta, or power levels are bs once again (leaning towards the latter). Bergmo should have been obliterated to dust ...

What I liked most: The other universe recognize goku as the evil guy, calling him demon. And it´s fully deserved! What I don´t understand is why NOBODY in his team tries to explain his wrong-doings to him. "Hey, Goku remember when you were outraged becuse Black Goku killed Chichi and Goten in Trunk´s future? Well, that´s what you´re doing with this tournament, except you´ll to it to trillions of innocent people."

:|

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    What I don´t understand is why NOBODY in his team tries to explain his wrong-doings to him.
    I bet they know it's pointless to try. He's not going to get it.

You just know all of this is Toriyama's doing, because this was always how he wanted Goku to be, but executives were always trying to force him to make Goku into a righteous hero.

You just know that lines like "Zeno was going to erase a bunch of universes anyway." and "If Goku doesn't try his hardest, then all universes will be erased" were added by executives to make it look like all these deaths aren't going to be on Goku's head.

Even after all of it he is like " Lol I don't care. Come at me bro!" to basically all of the gods.
    Anyway from their reaction to SSB it would appear that people with God Ki besides Gods are quite rare.

I kinda hope that this tournament ends into a follow-up arc at some point where it is said that Goku is pretty much a low level-Zeno. A being that exists solely for its own enjoyment, disregarding anybody else´s existence. Could be interesting. Lots of room for real character development, too.Edit:

Edit: Oh, and i had to laugh when I heard the battle royal-rules, because: NO MATTER the rules, there is no scenario in which Mutenroshi would have a chance against any of the universes´ srongest fighters. just lol

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    NO MATTER the rules, there is no scenario in which Mutenroshi would have a chance against any of the universes´ srongest fighters.
    Yeah, but the benefit of being a Battle Royal is that a bunch of the weaker characters can gang up on stronger ones.

Isn't the avarage Namekian warrior stronger than that old fart?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Yeah, but the benefit of being a Battle Royal is that a bunch of the weaker characters can gang up on stronger ones.
    There could be 1000000000000000000 Mutenroshi-clones and Freezer would stil obliterate all of them with one attack.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I`m sorry, but what is this obsession with dissing on a character because he`s not on the level of the highest ranking fighters? Roshi will fight, when he`s serious I actually found him to be a pretty cool character back in DB and I`m excited to see him, he looks badass enough in the intro.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I could have named Kuririn or even C18, lol. But Mutenroshi is sooo weak, it´s just ridiculous to have him in this tournament

Ok. And how does that matter if he fights people on his same level?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Roshi is just going to go "Mafuuba!" and instantly beat anyone.

I doubt Roshi will fight people his level. I mean Zeno judged the universes power on how they fought. Gohan and Buu made him say they were the second lowest. This is Buu we are talking about. Someone who ( if I recall correctly ) destroyed galaxies. They deemed him to be one the lowest. Roshi is pretty much cannon fodder.

Weren't they saying the "average" level of the universe? As in, everyone in the universe?

I mean Zeno judged the universes power on how they fought.
    I have no idea where you got that from.

A. He's only seen 3 universes fight. So how did he know the the levels of the other 9 universes then?

B. He specifically said "The average level of the mortal inhabited stars of universe 7 is 3.18." It's every mortal in the universe. Not the fighters present.

C. At no point does he even say that the Average Mortal Level is based on power. It probably is, given that this is Dragon Ball. But it doesn't have to be.

I was under the impression he judged them based of the fight but after watching it again I think you're right.
    But that does mean that if a universe has a handfull of extreme powerful people, they would up the average.

I doubt Roshi will fight people his level. I mean Zeno judged the universes power on how they fought. Gohan and Buu made him say they were the second lowest. This is Buu we are talking about. Someone who ( if I recall correctly ) destroyed galaxies. They deemed him to be one the lowest. Roshi is pretty much cannon fodder.
    U10 doesn't seemed that strong, it wa already stated that the wolf people are the strongest they have and if you analyze it a bit they did pathetically, if roshi is the 10th strongest person u7 has, how strong can be the 10th person of u10 really be?

But that does mean that if a universe has a handfull of extreme powerful people, they would up the average.
    Does it? Universes have billions and billions of people in them.

You could easily be the most powerful person across all universes and still be in the universe with the lowest average.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Does it? Universes have billions and billions of people in them.

You could easily be the most powerful person across all universes and still be in the universe with the lowest average.
    Example with numbers:

In a universe with 1 billion people, one person will need to have a power level 1 billion higher than normal just to raise the average by 1.

This is assuming power level = Moral level. I don't see it that way, or else it'd just be called Power Level. Mortal Level sounds more like either:
    1) how advanced a biological being you are, or
    2) how advanced a civilisation you are (more likely), or
    3) both 1 and 2.

(2) should definitely be a part of it, otherwise a God's guidance would mean shit all. (1) would just come about from genetic engineering or from survival of the fittest.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~