Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Super

Jounin
    Chichi = Oppai is the joke I think.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    I`m lost, what`s the joke?
    Her name is Chi-Chi. Chichi means boobs in Japanese. I said I hate Chi-Chi. He suggests that I only like men and little girls, implying that I don't like boobs.

Now that I've explained it, you may commence with your enjoyment of the joke.

damn, what happened to chichi? while bulmaīs looking great, chichi ... isnt that hot anymore :/

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Bulma has always looked fairly young, even in GT. I guess it runs on her moms side of the family?

Side note, I thought it was hilarious that Vegeta had a 6-7 month head start over Goku. Usually it's the other way around.

I'm glad Pan is still Pan. Knowing that they don't consider GT to be canon, I was worried for a bit that Pan wasn't going to be a canon character anymore. And even though I didn't like the show Pan was in, I'm glad they didn't just get rid of the character out of spite or something.

She was in Z, no reason why she wouldn't be canon. Unless Toriyama forgot her like he apparently has Bra/Bulla. But that didn't happen.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    But then if Pan is cannon, how come Goku couldnt go Super Saiyan Blue during the last tournament against Ubb or show any of his new OP strength?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Technically speaking, you can say that he could, but simply chose not to. Kind of like he chose not to going SS3 against Majin Vegeta.

But that still makes Uub mind-blowingly irrelevant, considering all the power ups Goku has received and the ones he will most certainly receive as the story keeps on progressing, there`s no way in hell Uub can keep up.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    But that still makes Uub mind-blowingly irrelevant, considering all the power ups Goku has received and the ones he will most certainly receive as the story keeps on progressing, there`s no way in hell Uub can keep up.
    My response to that is: So what? Who gives a shit about Uub?

I uhmmm.... errrr, I guess no one...

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I kinda liked the concept of Uub. Too bad he wasn't much in GT. Despite GT being crap.

Episode 18
    ------------------

Well, I was hoping for more of what happened between BoG and RoF, but I guess we're heading straight into RoF now. Hopefully it doesn't drag on as long as the last arc. Or, if it does, hopefully they extend the fight between Vegeta and Freeza.

Having just seen RoF, this episode was a bit boring in parts. And disagreed to the above posting: I hope RoF gets done with as quickly as possible so we get brandnew story material.

Definitely interesting to hear that you can "learn" to feel a godīs ki. And fuck, is there ANY chance at all that Vegeta might win against Goku this time? Itīs so frustrating to see him dedicate his whole existance to training, only to fail to Goku because of his happy-go-luck nature. :/

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Here's the thing though, in RoF the movie, not only could both Goku AND Vegeta become SSJ Gods, but they both had forms BEYOND that. And they both had them before the movie started.

So even if they are doing the movie already, they have to show us how they got those forms at least, which the movie skipped.

At this point, I won't be watching any further DBZ movies, knowing that they're just going to be one giant spoiler for an entire story arc now.

Speaking of which, I was really disappointed when Frieza's new form didn't look like Cooler's.

I will say, it's disappointed that the only thing Toriyama can come up with for training is "more weight". When it's time for a character to get stronger, it's always weighted clothes, or high gravity planets, or artificial gravity rooms, or super heavy sword, and now, just regular old weights.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 11-09-2015 at 09:47 AM.

This whole new-age Dragon Ball seems to be based solely on power-ups. By regular training.

In DBZ Goku at least learned some new techniques; Kaio-ken, Spirit Bomb, Instant Transmission...

Putting my hopes on Whis-sama to teach at least something new.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

To be fair, the whole old-age Dragon Ball also did the same thing, Goku learned NOTHING during both the cell/buu/gt eras besides new transformations.

Yeah, and that was acceptable at the time, but I've watched a lot more shounen anime that's come out since then, and it's hard to go back to that lack of variety or moveset development in a character.

Isn`t that the charm though? Dragon ball is not and will never be a modern shounen series, expecting it to change because other series are different does not really computes with me. I`m not saying I WANT the series to be like this, but it`s clear that the whole thing is built upon rose tinted glasses and to make quick bucks on fans, as evidenced by the fact that the COMPLETE season 1 is a (poorly done) rehash.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    the last training felt a lot like the very begining of dragonball and the goku/kuririn training.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.