" In the year 2138, virtual reality gaming is booming. Yggdrasil, a popular online game is quietly shut down one day. However, one player named Momonga decides to not log out. Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as 'the most powerful wizard.' The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) beginning to feel emotion. Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become." -ANN

"I will not turn into a snake. It never helps." -Peter's Evil Overlord List

Subber: Horriblesubs
Genres: Action, adventure, seinen, virtual reality

- - - - - - - - - - -

I decided to have a look at this show after I read the main character is a bloody Skeletor. That's something you don't see every day and definitely separates this positively from the more traditional titles of late, like SAO or Log Horizon (or the old predecessors like .hack). I have to admit I felt incredibly amused every time he was shown. I'm far from sure how evil he actually is, despite the looks and the fact the followers are like from the villain gallery of a regular show of this type. Even the... Uh, love interest was making all those crazed faces when he was testing the properties of the new world. I hope she's yandere. Actually I don't know how she couldn't be.

The animation budget leaves much to be desired, which is a huge pity as this looks like a show that can keep me entertained for sure. I love settings with a twist such as this.