Thread: One Piece 711

One Piece 711

Episode 711 - HS

- - - - - --

It would be a major plot device for Luffy to beat Flamingo when he can't even beat half-dead Bellamy. He's totally powerless against Bellamy, it seems. Meanwhile it's getting silly Law is still alive after all that.

This whole battle is getting more stretched than Luffy's arms ever were. I feel like the best option would be to stop watching the show for now and accumulate maybe 10 episodes to marathon. Who knows, something might actually happen that way. I guess I'll do that.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It would be a major plot device for Luffy to beat Flamingo when he can't even beat half-dead Bellamy. He's totally powerless against Bellamy, it seems.
    C'mon guy. The plot device is him NOT beating Bellamy, because he obviously doesn't want to hurt him. He's not even attacking back. He could clearly end this fight any time he wanted.

I wonder if Bellamy is weak enough for Conquer's Haki to work on him? I'm guessing not since he has some Haki himself.

Yeah, usually they try to throw in at least ONE thing that makes the episode worth watching, even if it means 22 minutes of wasted space. This episode, not so much.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Y'know, Zoro SAYS he knows how Pica's power works. And it turning down help like he knows how to beat him. But he's sure taking his sweet time doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Y'know, Zoro SAYS he knows how Pica's power works. And it turning down help like he knows how to beat him. But he's sure taking his sweet time doing it.
    Stretching this whole affair ad infinitum makes them all look like idiots. Although I have said it before, but you'd think Pica would be the most tired of them all considering how much rock he has been moving for a really long time now. Even if the fruit does most of the work, but ultimately the fruit is just a tool. It seems to me Zoro would merely need to cut so that Pica wouldn't see it coming. So far he has always been standing right in front of Pica's eyes, so it's no wonder the soprano evades.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Wow this arc is a mess. I give Oda credit for trying to juggle this many characters, but the pace really suffers for it.

My hit list of events I actually want to see:

1. The dude with the horns and heels getting broken cuz his character just begs for it.

2. Franky and Senior Pink's hardboiled battle, because I find the implementation of that gag actually very funny.

3. Big Mam and the decoy strawhat crew

4. Luffy finally beginning his battle with Don Flaminco for real. It wasn't bad enough that Bellamy was being controlled but now he is attacking of his own accord?

Anything that doesn't advance one of these things feels like a waste of time to watch at this point.