Thread: Fairy Tail S2 Ep. 78 - Current

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Fairy Tail S2 Ep. 78 - Current

HS - Episode 78

---------------------------------

There it is! The Gray Power-up.

PS: Let's just keep adding responses to this thread, saves some effort in creating new threads.

Someone needs to suck the air out from, or silence the demon Natsu is fighting. I doubt he can do anything if he doesn't get to mutter first.

Shark is a little harder to deal with. I don't know about that one.

As for mushroom, just have Frosh chew on him like gum until he finds them the right place. FT are above torturing people, but Sabertooth ain't.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Aww yes! Ice Devil Slayer! About fucking time Gray got something.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    PS: Let's just keep adding responses to this thread, saves some effort in creating new threads.
    At this point, I'm not really sure why we still have separate forums for series like this. Naruto is almost over anyway(and the manga is over, but still has it's own subforum). This series and One Piece don't even get people making threads for every episode anymore.

I just don't think we have so much activity on these forums anymore that a single running thread won't work just fine.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Juvia was pretty brutal though. I mean...detonating someone...from within? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Juvia was pretty brutal though. I mean...detonating someone...from within? Damn.
    That's exactly how I imagine a certain teleporting character from the Toaru Index franchise should kill people.

HS - Episode 80

----------------------------------

I think FT (the show) has passed its peak and is now something of a remnant of it's former glory. The show is still fun in a shut-off-your-mind-and-watch-casually sort of way. Power-scales have never made sense, and most things are gravitating towards [elemental] [powerful-being] Slayer. Going along with this, Gray's next powerup should be in picking up a new element. I'm mildly surprised Laxus isn't an Anti-magic Lightning Dragon Slayer this week.

The music still keeps things going though, and at the end of each episode I can still say "Yeah, that was pretty cool".

Oh, and Gajeel x Levi ftw. This is one of two (Elfman x Evergreen) pairings that seem to actually go places. Juvia is comic relief while Erza is tragically destined to never get some.

--------------------------------------------------------

Well, I didn't expect that.

Prediction Time:

Igneel fights Arcnologia, gets killed. His life blood spills over Natsu. Natsu gains Dragon Drive like Sting and Rogue.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 10-31-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Heh, I have no idea. Dragon Drive was supposedly something that 3rd Generation Dragon Slayers had right? I don't think FT generally makes sense overall - why would Acnologia be afraid of END?

We've also got all the other dragons to worry about, and they all disappeared at around the same time. I'm going to assume that it's not the Dragon Slayers reacting to Acnologia, but rather the dragons inside them that are waking up from that timing.

This means that Sting and Rogue never killed their respective dragons.

Overall this episode sucked ass. Half the time was wasted on everyone's reaction to Acnologia flying over and having the screen shake. Weirdly, some shots of Igneel show pupils and other shots don't.

Heh, I have no idea. Dragon Drive was supposedly something that 3rd Generation Dragon Slayers had right?
    I thought they got it though because they both killed their dragons, or something like that. Both Sting and Rogue's dragons had them kill them and said it was so they'd become stronger.

I don't think FT generally makes sense overall - why would Acnologia be afraid of END?
    Well, they're, like, both Zeref creations. Maybe they're rivals or something.

We've also got all the other dragons to worry about, and they all disappeared at around the same time. I'm going to assume that it's not the Dragon Slayers reacting to Acnologia, but rather the dragons inside them that are waking up from that timing.
    Seems likely, for Garjeel and Wendy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I thought they got it though because they both killed their dragons, or something like that. Both Sting and Rogue's dragons had them kill them and said it was so they'd become stronger.
    True..

Seems likely, for Garjeel and Wendy anyway.
    Well if the other two guys' dragons are dead, I'm back to thinking it's just a Dragon Slayer thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, Doranbolt.

Looks like we might be in for another time skip.

Next arc is apparently a flashback telling Fairy Tails origins. Is that filler, or was it in the manga?

The way it's announced, it looks like a new series of sorts, Fariy Tail Zero.
    I hope it's canon, because this is the perfect place to stop otherwise if there is no good amount of manga material to work with.

The Doranbolt part was funny as hell

Since this seems to be the start of a timeskip, let's go and speculate!
    How will they power up?
    For the dragon/demon slayers, do you think they'll figure out some sort of transformation (like dragon force), or just be far more powerful with the same attacks.?

How can Lucy become stronger? She relies on the power of the spirits, who were mostly just lacking in power this arc. It's hard to imagine she'll train in the spirit world, since time goes by só much faster there she wouldn't get anything done. Even if she figures out how to summon 3 or more spirits at the same time, how will that help? Bypassing the requirement for summoning the Spirit King would seem like a cop-out of some sorts.

I really hope the 'lesser' members of FT get something noteworthy too. I'd love to see both Elf and Lisanna be more useful in the future. Lisanna especially has been nothing more than fanservice up till now. Give her some good new powers.

My god all the dragon/dragonslayer reunion business hit me right in the feels...

Looking forward to the possible timeskip and some powerups, tho i'd like some episodes actually showing how everyone is training and whatnot.

And as usual i'm still wondering what the fuck Gildarts is up to.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji View Post
    For the dragon/demon slayers, do you think they'll figure out some sort of transformation (like dragon force), or just be far more powerful with the same attacks.?
    Well, one of the reasons the dragons said they were inside them was to prevent them from transforming into dragons.

Now that the dragons are gone, I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing more dragon-like transformations.

For Grey, I think he's just going to, you know, actually learn to use his powers. Since he's only had them a day.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Aren't Grey's Demon Slayer powers pretty damn similar to his own? I don't think he has to learn that much about it.

Episode 92 (Zero 02) - HS

- - - - - -

Man, this series is unbelievably hopeless. The Zero (FT origin) spinoff manga is very compact and straightforward (as it's obviously meant to be), and thus the foolish anime studio naturally decided to pad the anime version with fillers, based on the preview. I'm a couple of dozens episodes behind and occasionally feel like catching up, but shit like this makes it hard. I thought to have a look at this Zero adaptation as back when it was appearing as a manga, it felt quite refreshing compared to the main series. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise they just couldn't leave it unspoiled.

So, I caught up on this cause I was bored.

I like this story. This last episode man...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And now it's over. Next episode, back to the present, and back to the manga apparently.

Like I said, I ended up enjoying that arc.

Though it really left me wondering how Mavis and Juri ended up dying.