Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 716- Current

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    That's like that random girl that the Fishmen picked up in that Fisher Tiger flashback that turned out to be Koala from the Revolutionary Army.

But yeah, he's one of the Worst Generation. I'm expecting them all to get fleshed out eventually.
    Yeah, though unfortunately for X Drake, most of what's been fleshed out about him has only been in the chapter cover mini stories so far, and most of the cover mini stories never see the light of day in the anime. :[
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, way to completely undermine all of Zoro's cool progress guys. We'll just have a whole group of unnamed generic Navy soldiers with Zoro's cool new power.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Yeah, though unfortunately for X Drake, most of what's been fleshed out about him has only been in the chapter cover mini stories so far, and most of the cover mini stories never see the light of day in the anime. :[
    Eh, I feel like the ones that actually become relevant later end up getting shown as flashbacks when those characters show up again.

I swear, the next episode will will run at half speed... really, just how much can you stretch things out.. just beat the crap out of him already.
    This pacing is really killing this arc for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji View Post
    I swear, the next episode will will run at half speed... really, just how much can you stretch things out.. just beat the crap out of him already.
    This pacing is really killing this arc for me.
    This is the way it was in the manga, too. Oda may be a genius, but his big battle arcs tend to be very formulaic. The whole, "I'm Luffy and I have a way to beat you, but first i'm going to demonstrate it then lose to build up suspense. Think Arlong, Crocodile, Enel, etc.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I think compared to those arcs, this is the worst of them. They stretched out 60 seconds for an entire episode. I know other anime's have done far worse, but I just don't remember it being this bad with One Piece.

Anyway, it looks like it's almost over now, their 2nd bout "hopefully" starts next week.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick-DBZ- View Post
    I think compared to those arcs, this is the worst of them. They stretched out 60 seconds for an entire episode. I know other anime's have done far worse, but I just don't remember it being this bad with One Piece.
    It definitely has been.

I distinctly remember in the Alabasta arc, when the bomb in the clock tower was set to go off, the last 10 seconds of the countdown took the entire half of an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick-DBZ- View Post
    Anyway, it looks like it's almost over now, their 2nd bout "hopefully" starts next week.
    Luffy promised to end it in one attack, so I'm hoping that Round 2 is just that.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    It definitely has been.

I distinctly remember in the Alabasta arc, when the bomb in the clock tower was set to go off, the last 10 seconds of the countdown took the entire half of an episode.
    You're right, it's been so long I confused that arc with movie 8 and remember it being shorter. In my defense I haven't watched One Piece in a couple of years up until recently.

That reminds me, I still haven't seen the last three One Piece movies.
    _

I watched now 6 episodes back to back. If I was being really generous, I'd say there were like 3 minutes of worthy material hidden among all the shit. This is beyond amazing already in a really bad way. Maybe if I came back after 20 more episodes, Flamingo would already be beaten. I miss the times when One Piece was a series I was looking forward to every week.

-----------------------------------------------

Well, that's that.

King Kong Gun just looks like 4th Gear combined with 3rd Gear.

Gotta love how the houses that fell into the underground market were the same size as the pipes running up the walls. This arc must've been a nightmare for the background artists.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

-------------------------------------------------

I swear, these "state of the world" episodes between arcs are always the ones I find most interesting.

So Aokiji has joined Blackbeard? That seems like an obvious Corazon-style deep cover operation. Even if he was dissatisfied with the direction of the marines and the government, Blackbeard's crew does NOT seem like the place he'd go if he left.

Seeing the Supernovas again is always cool. Four of them have formed an Alliance against Shanks? I'll be honest, I'm kinda rooting for them. I don't know if I've said this already, but I feel like that moment on Shabaondy when Luffy, Law and Kid stand against the marines was intended as heavy foreshadowing. I would love it if the series reached the point where those 3 and Blackbeard are all the new Four Emperor's.

Law formed this alliance against Kaido, and Luffy has already pissed of Big Mam, so those fights are already coming. If Kid also beats Shanks, then that will be that.

I feel bad for Bonnie, she seems like she doesn't even have a crew.

Next episode is about Sabo's backstory. Anyone know if that's filler or not?
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 04-10-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    It`s not filler.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

It isn't? I've never seen it...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    It isn't? I've never seen it...
    Chapter 794?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I'm so happy Flamingo is finally defeated. I hope he never comes back despite the fact they went to such trouble to show how he was taken alive. The World Government is so rotten and he had friends in so many places that it would actually be a miracle if he did stay detained, but who knows. Perhaps the fact this incident was made public helps to keep him out of sight.

I wonder where Nami and the Straw Hat's ship is now? Apparently the bulk of the crew ought to leave the island behind promptly. It would be easier if they had their ship around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I'm so happy Flamingo is finally defeated. I hope he never comes back despite the fact they went to such trouble to show how he was taken alive.
    Well, Luffy's never killed anyone, so I had no expectations that Donflamingo would die.

But yeah, I hope he does just rot in Impel Down for the rest of the series.

Random thought: I`m still waiting for Vivi to join the Strawhats, never forget 2001-2002.

Episode 738

- - - - -

I don't know if this episode was canon, but it was jolly good and emotional. What I didn't particularly like about these were the Dragon parts as I thought him cooler shrouded in shadows. He was kind of too human and mellow here, too easy to approach.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Random thought: I`m still waiting for Vivi to join the Strawhats, never forget 2001-2002.
    Yeah, right. I don't think she could survive in the Straw Hats crew longer than their next encounter. New World is a dangerous place, and the Straw Hats crew always finds the worst of it.

I realize people have speculated this before, but it seems like Dragon probably has a weather control devil fruit. The wind always seems to be going crazy when he's around and we saw him sort of fly onto his ship.

Koala is cute as shit.

I don't know if this episode was canon, but it was jolly good and emotional.
    It is. These last two episodes were a single chapter of the manga.

Which you can totally do when you stretch a couple panels of crying out over five minutes.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 04-24-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Yeah, right. I don't think she could survive in the Straw Hats crew longer than their next encounter. New World is a dangerous place, and the Straw Hats crew always finds the worst of it.
    If Nami survived so far, so can Vivi, they did a timeskip, she could have all sorts of upgrades if she was serious on eventually joining them as she claimed at the end of Arabasta.