Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 716- Current

One Piece 716- Current

Going to take a page from the Fairy Tail forum and just stop making individual threads for new episodes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...the Franky family had a person with magical healing powers.

Why wouldn't he just use them on Russian?

Anyway, we're down to the only the top 3 Executives left.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    So we have Trebol, Steven Tyler, and... who else besides Doflamingo? I'm drawing a blank.

I also would rather they no longer waste time showing Luffy's 'struggle' against Belamy until they are ready to one shot him again and move onto the real final fight.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    So we have Trebol, Steven Tyler, and... who else besides Doflamingo? I'm drawing a blank
    The stone dude, Pica.

So even though narratively, Law should be the one to take out Doflamingo, by the laws of Shounen, Luffy has to do it. So I guess that means Law will fight Trebol.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime1215 View Post
    The stone dude, Pica.
    Ah, Pica. He gets my award for the most squandered fight this arc. The guy can literally fight with mountains and I forgot about his fight with Zoro. To his credit, he has been fairly active, but he commands no actual tension since he hasn't taken anybody out and even Zoro is treating this fight as annoyance , which isn't far from the truth.

Also about this arc, how do you think Oda chose which doflamingo executives got redeeming back stories and which didn't? It seems random.

About time Pica gets wrecked.

That was pretty sweet. I knew Armament Haki could be transferred to weapons, but I was wondering if that metal coating version could as well.

It's too bad the pacing of this series has gotten so bad these days.

- --- - - - - -

Luffy finally got a single lucky punch through after getting his ass kicked by Bellamy episode after episode. Bellamy had really gone a long way, from the weakling with a big mouth to somebody who could totally overpower Luffy. If Bellamy hadn't been so wounded, he would have wiped the floor with Luffy.

Good thing Law apparently got finished. Maybe that will teach Luffy a lesson about priorities, assuming Luffy's rubber brain is able to learn anything new. Law was an interesting character, so it would be a pity if he really died for good. Hard to say at this point. He was the only pirate ally Straw hats have (not counting Jinbei the Crewless), which would make it double the pity. Although I suppose one could count Bartolomeo as an ally as well...

Zoro vs Pica was jolly good, as expected of Zoro. Pica was a highly annoying opponent, and I think the solution to that was very stylish. It's a bit surprising Pica could pull off full body armament haki, which was Vergo's unprecedented killer move, but on the other hand I'd also imagine the soprano dude was very superficial. He kept thinking the bigger, the better, so I bet he thought simply acquiring haki would make him invincible, without realising someone serious would hone a tougher haki ability.

Thank god that's over. They stretched that out over, like, 10 episodes, just to have it be a repeat of the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Luffy finally got a single lucky punch through after getting his ass kicked by Bellamy episode after episode. Bellamy had really gone a long way, from the weakling with a big mouth to somebody who could totally overpower Luffy. If Bellamy hadn't been so wounded, he would have wiped the floor with Luffy.
    Oh you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank God Law isn't dead. I thought I was gonna have to riot there for a minute.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I just hope the vein popping doesn't becomes a thing.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Law is just so fucking cool...

Good to see I'm not the only one that hates the pacing of this arc. So Luffy doesn't want to fight Bellamy.. we get it, just do that for 1 episode and get it over with. We all know he's no threat and Luffy would do the same move against him as he did before.
    Pica's fight was boring and took too long. Franky's fight took too long and wasn't very exciting. I get what they were going for, but to me it failed. The only fight that had a decent pace was Diamante's.
    This should've been a super cool arc, since Doflamingo was built up to be a badass for so long now, but I find myself not very excited for the show at the moment, and I HATE that, since I love One Piece so damn much.

Yeah, it's too much shifting back and forth unnecessarily.

Just do one fight at a time, and assume that they're all taking place at the the same time. Pretty sure that's how they used to do it.

Still not sure why Zoro can't just cut down the cage.

So i haven't watched since ep 712... is the Doflamingo fight over yet?

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Yeah, it's too much shifting back and forth unnecessarily.

Just do one fight at a time, and assume that they're all taking place at the the same time. Pretty sure that's how they used to do it.

Still not sure why Zoro can't just cut down the cage.
    I think it's possibly because the cage is imbued with Haki, and only Luffy has Haki strong enough to counteract it but he doesn't have slicing powers... Purely speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    So i haven't watched since ep 712... is the Doflamingo fight over yet?
    It's still a work in progress

--------------------------------------------------------

Fuck! Forth Gear! Fuck fuck FUUUUUUUUUUCK! WHAT IS IT??!?!!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna wait until 726 before I watch this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was...hmm...

So, in concept, 4th Gear is awesome. And it's obviously super powerful.

But it just looks...soooooo dumb.

I always thought it would be cool if Luffy had attacks where you retracted into his own body to spring out, instead of stretching backwards so that he could snap forwards. And he's doing that. And then he's doing...something...to fly. And the fact that his rubber armament body seems to be resilient to armament attacks the way his normal body is resilient to normal attacks is cool too.

But damn...so dumb looking!